The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 367674 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #825 on: 18/07/2007 23:17:07 »
A pound a day is really fast weight loss. You must be working your tail off!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 19/07/2007 02:21:39 »

*sigh*  No, it's still there!  ;)

I haven't averaged a pound a day the entire time, only the last 20 days or so.  My average has been about 16 lbs. per month.

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #827 on: 19/07/2007 07:41:00 »
Hi Karen, no typo's. Distinguish is defined in my work as; distance: Both time and place; not being accepted with your own kind (human race) being an outcast for who you are. Touching to me is an extremely important feeling to me, physical touch is how I communicate to others (loved ones). Not being able to touch Paul for nearly a whole year was painful for me. I felt alone like nothing you can imagine. It is not so much "just" touching other people because unless there is a connection I don't do the whole feelly touchy thing but it is how I communicate with those close to me. So not being able to "connect" to those so close to me because of my "ways" I was distance so "not" to "offend" my emotions. In other words "don't ask don't tell." A very difficult time in my life where I had to decide to be what others wanted me to be and fight with myself the rest of my life or do what was natural for me and be myself not bothered by how people perceived me, so I'm weird AND? Now the other half (whew) anguish: The pain within yourself. A fire burning deep inside that no matter what always burned and never went out. I was fighting within myself a war. One that where if one won the battle the other died and if the other won was dead to the world. Does that make sense because if not I will try to express it differently. Or I can try again. I was waging with war inside because I wanted to be me however, the other side of me wanted to be like other people wanted me to be so, if I took one I was lying to myself and of course the other option was not to be who I really was. I hope this helps, Diana

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 19/07/2007 07:43:52 »
It's ok Carolyn so is mine!

*sigh*  No, it's still there!  ;)

I haven't averaged a pound a day the entire time, only the last 20 days or so.  My average has been about 16 lbs. per month.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 19/07/2007 09:23:11 »
Hi Karen, no typo's. Distinguish is defined in my work as; distance: Both time and place; not being accepted with your own kind (human race) being an outcast for who you are. Touching to me is an extremely important feeling to me, physical touch is how I communicate to others (loved ones). Not being able to touch Paul for nearly a whole year was painful for me. I felt alone like nothing you can imagine. It is not so much "just" touching other people because unless there is a connection I don't do the whole feelly touchy thing but it is how I communicate with those close to me. So not being able to "connect" to those so close to me because of my "ways" I was distance so "not" to "offend" my emotions. In other words "don't ask don't tell." A very difficult time in my life where I had to decide to be what others wanted me to be and fight with myself the rest of my life or do what was natural for me and be myself not bothered by how people perceived me, so I'm weird AND? Now the other half (whew) anguish: The pain within yourself. A fire burning deep inside that no matter what always burned and never went out. I was fighting within myself a war. One that where if one won the battle the other died and if the other won was dead to the world. Does that make sense because if not I will try to express it differently. Or I can try again. I was waging with war inside because I wanted to be me however, the other side of me wanted to be like other people wanted me to be so, if I took one I was lying to myself and of course the other option was not to be who I really was. I hope this helps, Diana

It was only the one word the whole thing is beautiful and you expressed yourself beautifully as well as clearly... I just did not want to misinterpret that one word. I like the way you said it! I understand it and have been there and felt the very same thing.. Thanks Diana .. don't change a thing! It is perfect!

Carolyn.. I still have mine too! Its just considerably smaller these days! LOL!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 19/07/2007 10:59:37 »
LOL that was the one word Distinguish

It was only the one word the whole thing is beautiful and you expressed yourself beautifully as well as clearly... I just did not want to misinterpret that one word. I like the way you said it! I understand it and have been there and felt the very same thing.. Thanks Diana .. don't change a thing! It is perfect!

Carolyn.. I still have mine too! Its just considerably smaller these days! LOL!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 19/07/2007 11:16:06 »
LOL Yes and it is a beautiful meaning..

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 20/07/2007 04:43:39 »
Good morning everyone! Hope you had a good day yesterday. I have been lacking on the exercises this week  :-\ It seems at the first of the week I am pumped to get started and by mid week I am exhausted from "getting" things done around here. I eat healthy, 3 meals and 3 snacks so it is not hunger, my doc says that my sugar is at its best so not really sure what is going on. I think I just need some real rest.
« Last Edit: 20/07/2007 04:45:16 by Mysteryfaire »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 20/07/2007 14:41:22 »
Yeah I think I have been going through the same thing. As much as I hate being away from the children at school I am noticing I am feeling more rested and some better. Bored but feeling some better.

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 23/07/2007 08:56:22 »
Hello Everyone! Not to happy this morning  :(. I called the insurance people and they are still telling me the accident I had in April is still my fault. I am completely confused with this, I was in the PROCESS of making a left turn when a cyclist (motor) passed me on my left side and broadsided me on the front left side of our 4Runner. Now in the states I know that passing on the left no matter what is illegal, it really bothers me that this is going on my record. I have NEVER had an accident go ON my record before. I'm frustrated! This is NOT my fault, sometimes I wished I was still in the states where I know I will be treated fairly. Take care everyone, Diana

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 23/07/2007 09:05:19 »
Hi Diana,

What reason then do they say it's your fault ?....

I am so sorry for this awful situation !..it's not fair !!

From what you describe it's certainly not your fault !!.......so what have they said ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 23/07/2007 11:19:57 »
Hello Everyone! Not to happy this morning  :(. I called the insurance people and they are still telling me the accident I had in April is still my fault. I am completely confused with this, I was in the PROCESS of making a left turn when a cyclist (motor) passed me on my left side and broadsided me on the front left side of our 4Runner. Now in the states I know that passing on the left no matter what is illegal, it really bothers me that this is going on my record. I have NEVER had an accident go ON my record before. I'm frustrated! This is NOT my fault, sometimes I wished I was still in the states where I know I will be treated fairly. Take care everyone, Diana

Here in California it is illegal to pass to the right at any time! I am sorry it is still an issue for you.. laws are so different everywhere! Sorry Diana!

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 24/07/2007 00:07:36 »
yes in ohio you can't pass on the right. the left is the only legal way... i thought... where's my driver's ed book when i need it

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 24/07/2007 00:32:02 »
LOL probably so.. California is different then most places..LOL

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 24/07/2007 09:02:10 »
Hi Diana,

What reason then do they say it's your fault ?....

I am so sorry for this awful situation !..it's not fair !!

From what you describe it's certainly not your fault !!.......so what have they said ?

Hi Neil! According to the German police a "witness" the one who was riding with the man who hit me said I had on my right blinker although I was in the process of making a left turn. I know I had on my left blinker, so when they read the report from Paul it did not state that he saw the left blinker on and that was because he was a passenger. It is all so wrong and so frustrating. They have made their finale decision unless I persue it even more which the adjuster said that the man could sue the insurance company (they gave him an advance payment already), me, and Paul if we take it to High Court (German court). So I am leaving it alone and accept what happened. My insurance has already gone up and Paul wants to persue it which I say just leave it alone.

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 24/07/2007 09:07:56 »
The whole thing is that I had on my left blinker to notify any one coming up or towards me and when I saw that is was clear I started the left turn, just as I was in it about 65% of the way the cyclist bales right into the front side of us. The police said that the guy saw me slow down and "looked" like I was going to make a right but instead I made a left and that is why he ran into us. It is all unfair but then life is not always fair right? It is sad but justice will hopefull come one day. Take care everyone and thanks for listening and being here, Diana

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 24/07/2007 09:23:17 »
Okay, I need to clear up a statement I made earlier, you can pass on the left if you are on a road with more than one lane, I was on a single lane road with the opposite traffic coming towards us on the other lane, I was making a left when all traffic behind me should slow down or come to a stop until I complete my turn but it did not happen this way, I was still in the single lane turning left when we were hit from behind on our left front because the cyclist passed me on the left veering into the other side of the road towards oncoming traffic. Now still the police say it is my fault because I did not look in my mirrors to clear traffic coming and the cyclist and "his" witness said I had on a right blinker to make a left turn! Now come on why is the real reason here? The insurance company only received my single statement from the MP's and Paul's somehow mysteriously disappeared in the process so when the insurance company saw that I was the only one and this guy had a witness they gave him an advanced payment automatically faulting me without investigation. Now once I called the insurance company to find out WHY it was my fault I found this out, told the man that Paul's was missing but that did not change anything because now this man has an advanced payment that they can not take back without being sued. ARRGGG, okay I'm calm now. So either I accept it or persue it not knowing what will happen to me AND because I am not Military and only a spouse, JAG (Judge Advocate General) will not represent me because I am not a soldier nor will the system at all help me because of being none military and being in a foreign country. Military life is not all it is cracked up to be!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 24/07/2007 14:16:40 »
OH Diana, I am sorry they are putting you in this position. That has to be so frustrating. I hope you are OK. It sounds like a very unfair decision which was based on a lot of inaccuracies. I wish things were better. what is the next step? Is it just over now or is there more they do now?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 24/07/2007 16:16:48 »
HEY YOU GUYS I FORGOT TO WEIGH IN YESTERDAY!

I did not loose anything or gain anything this week but.. I still should have weighed in! ..Still Holding!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 25/07/2007 04:56:52 »
Hi Karen, for me it is over! I am done with it. Paul wants to persue it but that could cause problems. I will let God handle it. I forgot to weigh in to, I have as of today lost 4 lbs of the 7 I gained over the weekend. I was down to 277, went up to 284 and this morning I am down to 280. I am still so sore from weight lifting on Monday, my puny (?) arms ain't as strong as my legs are but I'm working on it  ;D. Everyone thank you so much for all that you have done here for me. You all are the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day, Diana.

another_someone

« Reply #845 on: 25/07/2007 05:26:18 »
Here in California it is illegal to pass to the right at any time! I am sorry it is still an issue for you.. laws are so different everywhere! Sorry Diana!

I am confused by this, although as you say, laws are different in different countries.

Certainly, in Europe, it is illegal to overtake on the nearside lane (I use this term because it means different things in the UK, where we drive on the left, than in mainland Europe of America, where you drive on the right); but if a car is stationary on the outside lane (e.g. waiting to turn), one would not expect to wait alongside him until he moves again (e.g. that may imply that you would be blocking a stream of traffic in an otherwise clear nearside lane while you wait for someone to make a turn from the outside lane - it would not make sense).

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 25/07/2007 05:31:24 »
You are doing well Diana.. I am glad you have lost 4 of the 7 you gained. It happens we all fluctuate it is hard to stay right on. I spoke with my doctor today and am going to have to see a surgeon about my arm. I am going to have to have surgery! Everything falls apart at the same time seems!Oh well we just pick up and move on Right? Right!
I will be grateful to be able to use my arm again.

Sorry your so sore. Please be careful so you don't tear something up like I did!

You are the greatest Diana and I am so proud of you still plugging away with me. Good Job!...

You too Carolyn!...

another_someone

« Reply #847 on: 25/07/2007 05:35:40 »
Okay, I need to clear up a statement I made earlier, you can pass on the left if you are on a road with more than one lane, I was on a single lane road with the opposite traffic coming towards us on the other lane, I was making a left when all traffic behind me should slow down or come to a stop until I complete my turn but it did not happen this way, I was still in the single lane turning left when we were hit from behind on our left front because the cyclist passed me on the left veering into the other side of the road towards oncoming traffic. Now still the police say it is my fault because I did not look in my mirrors to clear traffic coming and the cyclist and "his" witness said I had on a right blinker to make a left turn! Now come on why is the real reason here? The insurance company only received my single statement from the MP's and Paul's somehow mysteriously disappeared in the process so when the insurance company saw that I was the only one and this guy had a witness they gave him an advanced payment automatically faulting me without investigation. Now once I called the insurance company to find out WHY it was my fault I found this out, told the man that Paul's was missing but that did not change anything because now this man has an advanced payment that they can not take back without being sued. ARRGGG, okay I'm calm now. So either I accept it or persue it not knowing what will happen to me AND because I am not Military and only a spouse, JAG (Judge Advocate General) will not represent me because I am not a soldier nor will the system at all help me because of being none military and being in a foreign country. Military life is not all it is cracked up to be!

I have been there before - very difficult to prove what did and did not happen.  There is still a problem that you have a technical duty to check your mirrors just before making a manoeuvre, even if you are making it blatantly obvious what you are doing, and nobody but a complete idiot (which includes a large number of young and inexperienced motorcyclists) would ever have any doubt in the matter.

I would rather ask whether, if there was traffic on your lane behind you, how a motorcyclist coming up on your outside could see if your nearside indicator was flashing - would it not have been obscured by the cars behind you?

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 26/07/2007 11:57:52 »
It was 10 at night and the cyclist and his companion were the only ones on the road behind us but it happened so suddenly that when I looked in my mirror there was nothing then as I was turning BAM!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 26/07/2007 11:58:29 »
Hi everyone, hope you are having a great day.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #849 on: 26/07/2007 11:58:29 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums