The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Gravity... are we making a grave mistake?  (Read 16747 times)

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity... are we making a grave mistake?
« Reply #50 on: 23/01/2006 16:18:11 »
Soul, what we are saying has no foundation in your interpretation of the literature. Gravity can not simply attract, the atomic particles that make up gravity have a repelling and attracting force. You cannot get rid of energy, so where has the repelling force gone?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Surfer

Mark, rincewind and andrew what you are saying is a total load of tripe and has no foundation in physics.

Learn, create, test and tell
evolution rules in all things
God says so!

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
K.I.S. "Keep it simple!"

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
« Reply #51 on: 23/01/2006 19:16:09 »
I am quite happy with the concept that Modified Newtonian Dynamics (MOND) may represent some or all of the dark matter anomalies obseved altough it appears to many that the balance of probabilities are against it.  I have in fact posed questions relating to this elsewhere in these pages.  I posted "Is there a lower limit to quantum interactions?"  back on 29 dec 2005.  this could be a physical justification for MOND type limitations

You are still making a big mistake in the roots of your thinking though. No energy exists in an electrical, magnetic gravitational or any other field itself of right.  The only energy exists in the interaction of other objects with the source of the field via the field mediating bosons.

You are all thinking of a gravitating source as emitting gravitons like a light source emits photons.  This is definitely not the case.  You need to have two bodies orbiting each other or a non uniform object rotating before you start generating gravitational waves.  Most normal objects of any size will redistribute themselves to become uniform and minimise the radiation they generate hence the reason why large planets are approximately spherical.

Learn, create, test and tell
evolution rules in all things
God says so!
« Last Edit: 23/01/2006 19:47:03 by Soul Surfer »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #51 on: 23/01/2006 19:16:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums