The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why and How is there dust on Fan Blades ?  (Read 8347 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: Why and How is there dust on Fan Blades ?
« Reply #25 on: 03/01/2006 17:55:27 »
And with this thread
I am a lucky man
Cos I know now
The dust upon my fan.

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

another_someone

« Reply #26 on: 03/01/2006 18:08:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorBeaver

Siyo, mzee, nasema KiSwahili. Nimikaa na Uganda

http://research.yale.edu/cgi-bin/swahili/main.cgi?right_frame_src=http%3A//research.yale.edu/swahili/serve_pages/questions/swahili_vs_kiswahili_en.php
quote:

We are often asked why we call our project "The Internet Living Swahili Dictionary," and not "The Internet Living Kiswahili Dictionary." The explanation is simple: "Swahili" is the English term for the Swahili language, while "Kiswahili" is the Swahili language term for the Swahili language. When writing in English, we use the word "Swahili," and when writing in Swahili, we use "Kiswahili." If you visit the version of this site written in the Swahili language, you will find that we use the term "Kiswahili" throughout.

This issue is not unique to discussions of Swahili. When we write in English, we speak of the Spanish language as "Spanish," the French language as "French," and the German language as "German," even though Spanish speakers speaking in their own language use the term "Espa˝ol" (or "Castellano," in some cases), the French term for the French language is "Franšais," and the correct term for the German language when speaking in German is "Deutsch." Swahili speakers don't switch to Spanish when they talk about the Spanish language, and nor should they - the Swahili word for Spanish is "Kihispania," for French the term is "Kifaransa," and for German the term is "Kijerumani." When Swahili speakers talk about the English language while speaking Swahili, they use the term "Kiingereza."

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 03/01/2006 18:08:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums