Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

Why reading glasses improve long distance vision?

(1/3) > >>

Yair Doza:
I just got my first pair of reading glasses (the age and all).
I am wearing glasses to see far objects (short sighted – for driving, TV, and such).
As soon as I put on my new reading glasses I noticed that my long distance vision improved.
I still see better with the long distance glasses (-3.5) but wearing the short distance reading glasses (+1.5) I see better far away objects that without glasses.
The person selling me the glasses did not know why (I never had a chance to ask the optometrist).
Does it happen to all of your short and long sighted?
Do you know why?
Thanks Yair (with two pairs of glasses)

tommya300:

--- Quote from: Yair Doza on 03/06/2010 19:53:52 ---I just got my first pair of reading glasses (the age and all).
I am wearing glasses to see far objects (short sighted – for driving, TV, and such).
As soon as I put on my new reading glasses I noticed that my long distance vision improved.
I still see better with the long distance glasses (-3.5) but wearing the short distance reading glasses (+1.5) I see better far away objects that without glasses.
The person selling me the glasses did not know why (I never had a chance to ask the optometrist).
Does it happen to all of your short and long sighted?
Do you know why?
Thanks Yair (with two pairs of glasses)

--- End quote ---

Was the reading glasses prescribed by the doctor?
See what the Doctor says since he has first hand information on the machanics of your eyes.

Yair Doza:
The optometris gave me the prescription for the glasses.
I could not ask him as he is not involved in handing them over.

tommya300:

--- Quote from: Yair Doza on 03/06/2010 21:30:55 ---The optometris gave me the prescription for the glasses.
I could not ask him as he is not involved in handing them over.

--- End quote ---

So he is not involved in confirming that you can see correctly with them?
They just place them on your face for comfort and send you on your way?

I wear bifocals I can not see far without my glasses it is a blur. When I look thru the far sighted part it is good, when I look thru the short sighted part, at the long distance, it  is not as blurred compaired to wearinng no glasses.
I get the same affect looking Thur a magnifying glass. But if  I strain to correct my vision to long, I feel a small head ache around my eye's coming  on.

RD:
The short distance glasses may correct astigmatism.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index