The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can you help me prank another forum member?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
Can you help me prank another forum member?
« on: 13/06/2010 21:53:08 »
Hi everyone

For the last couple of days I have been corresponding with forum member Omid, who you may already know. Anyway, the long and short of it is that there is a rumour passing around the Forum that I am a genuine superhero and I have almost persuaded Omid that it is true  ;D. I have now offered to demonstrate my latest superpower which is 'remote persuasion', ie being able to make people do anything I want just by thinking about it!

What I've told her I'm going to do is make other Forum members offer her proposals of marriage.

Now I know from her user statistics that she never usually goes on the General Science forum which is why I posted this request here. And in a week or two I may delete it.

In the meantime, would anyone with a sense of humour and a willingness to help please pm Omid and propose! You could say something along the lines of....

'I know we don't know each other but for some reason I feel a strange and overwhelming need to propose to you....' Please keep it short and enigmatic and try to avoid 'creepy'. She's only 18 - although she's a great sport.

If you are a female member then that would be fantastic! How bizarre would it be for her to receive those.

I'll update you with her reaction shortly. Thanks guys.

John

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13/06/2010 21:59:24 »
By the way, to help you contact her the link below is one of her threads. Just click on her name and then click on 'send this member a personal message' in the 'Additional Information' box near the bottom of the page.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=23661.msg312409#msg312409

Thanks again,

John C

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13/06/2010 22:05:16 »
Proposing to a woman is a deadly business.  The last one that I proposed to stole $400,000 from me.  Sorry I can not help you but you will surely understand.  Thanks for comments.  Joe L. Ogan

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13/06/2010 22:07:31 »
Bloody hell, Joe

If you've got 400 Grand knocking around then will you marry me?

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16/06/2010 00:01:58 »
Yes, of course you are absolutely right and I'm not sure which one of us is pulling the other's leg. Omid is very bright. The fact that she is able to study in the native language of a foreign country is hugely impressive and is nothing I could have done at any age, let alone hers.

She acted genuinely excited at the prospect of me being a superhero but I am aware that she's probably either having me on or, more likely, she's humouring someone she thinks I might be a nutter! 8) In fact I wondered if I was being set up! Which is why I thought I'd give her a demonstration.

However, I have no idea if she did receive any proposals as she is staying tight lipped on the subject.

« Last Edit: 16/06/2010 07:57:56 by John Chapman »

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16/06/2010 00:08:16 »
I think a hint to you may be that no one has volunteered to do as you requested.  Thanks for comments.  Joe L. Ogan

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16/06/2010 00:13:40 »
Yes, I suspect you may be right. Heyho. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17/06/2010 13:55:23 »
Right. Yesterday I got a message from Omid to say that no-one had proposed to her and that I am definately not a superhero. Tsk, tsk. 15,000 members and no-one joined in - much as Joe predicted.

Then, this morning she told me one person had now offered to marry her. See? I am a superhero after all.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 17/06/2010 13:55:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length