The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are these blisters on my hand eczema, or herpes simplex virus?  (Read 11472 times)

Offline gbc89

• View Profile
Hello everybody,

I have annoying eczema, located mainly on my left hand, and I'm left handed too.
Now I wonder, could it be the Herpes Symplex virus if there will form sacs of fluid on my left hand occasionally?
It can create a diameter 2 mm sac of fluid on my skin in a minute or so.
At least, I've seen that happen.

Anyone knows the answer? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 23/06/2010 17:40:28 by chris »

Offline gbc89

• View Profile
I usually destroy those sacs immediately cause it's not a pretty sight and it itches.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
I'd be surprised if it's herpes - that would normally produce a crop of small, intensely painful blisters, unless that's what you are experiencing?

Chris

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It's more likely that you will get an accurate answer from your doctor than from a website.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Plenty of lovely pictures of oozing blisters, (including vesiculobullous eczema) , here  [xx(]

Offline curechildeczema

• First timers
    • View Profile
If the blisters are only limited to your hands then definitely it is not herpes simplex because herpes simplex produces a watery blister found in skin, mouth, mucous membrane and genitals. To further enlighten you on your dilemna talk to your doctor today.

Offline MartinTheK

• View Profile
The fact that the blisters appear suddenly argues for some sort of contact dermatitis instead of eczema. Dissecting dog sharks preserved in formaldehyde once did that to me. It might help to keep notes on what you are doing before you have an onset of these blisters.

That is provided it isn't shingles which are caused by 'herpes zoster' (chickenpox virus hiding in the dermatome not 'herpes simplex'..unless you have great faith in ouija boards or theosophy, your best bet is to have an MD have a look.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length