The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Have Europeans given upon their governments?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Have Europeans given upon their governments?
« on: 16/07/2010 05:46:04 »
It's interesting that Europeans seem to be so fixated on the government in the USA. If one was to believe the media in Europe, who seem to be obsessed with the US, one might easily conclude that there is no effective government in Europe, and the EU is a complete joke.

The EU is quite capable of giving the USA a run for it's money, but, apparently, it lacks something to do that.

Just a theory, of course.

Offline Stefanb

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18/07/2010 06:54:11 »
From an American perspective, I do not see what the European media envies  :-\
Perhaps it is mainly the Bill of Rights they discuss?
Anyway, the U.S.'s party system is entirely botched- all Democrats and Republicans want to do is tear down each other's policies and try to pass new laws which the other party does not back. A neutral party is very much needed...

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20/07/2010 03:14:53 »
Geezer, on the last few occasions anything remotely political that was brought up was immediately censored (or threatened to be censored) by you, and here you are starting a post exactly along those lines and not remotely connected with science. As you are a moderator I think you should at least try to wield your power consistently. As much as I would like to discuss this subject, it seems not one that is consistent with your interpretation of what this site is about. I am therefore bemused at this subject and reluctant to contribute based on your previous heavy handed attitude. Anyway, I'm on holiday in Canada :-)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 20/07/2010 03:14:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums