The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Do I Feel Like I'm Always At Work ?  (Read 3318 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Why Do I Feel Like I'm Always At Work ?
« on: 27/07/2010 16:47:27 »
Dearest Peeps of Super Science Benevolence,

As a sheepy I of course exist in a continual way. Upon regular checking I confirm that my existence is still active in an ongoing fashion. This pleases me somewhat and I remain delighted at the prospect of persevering with this continuity for a long time...which is nice !

It's about the nature of my perception of this continuation that has lead me to ask this question.

I recently started working (at a place of work rather than at home)...Up until last week I was working at regular shifts form either 7am to 4pm or 12:30 to 10pm …..This all changed recently and the last four days though I have commenced  …..for three weeks only …....working from 10pm till 7am. The bizarre thing is the fact that I finish work at 7am and return the same day at 10pm and I am finding that whilst back at work the perception that I have never really left work is very strong. Thinking it was just me I asked my colleagues who have been doing this for months and months and they experience the exact same perceptual twist.

What is going on ?.....How does this feeling of work-place continuity actually work ?..Is it like a jet lag thing ? Why does it feel I have not left work when I return there ?

Whajafink ?

hugs and shmishes

mwah mwah mwah

Neil
Continuously Continuing
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

« Last Edit: 27/07/2010 18:03:26 by neilep »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Re: Why Do I Feel Like I'm Always At Work ?
« Reply #1 on: 27/07/2010 18:00:58 »
I think it's because you are buggering up modifying something we scientists refer to as your "arcadian rhythms".

They get that name because it was discovered that people who hang about in amusement arcades too much can't tell night from day.

BTW, your condition is closely related to "nintendoitis syndrome".

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2010 18:09:14 »
I think it's because you are buggering up modifying something we scientists refer to as your "arcadian rhythms".

They get that name because it was discovered that people who hang about in amusement arcades too much can't tell night from day.

BTW, your condition is closely related to "nintendoitis syndrome".

Thanks Geezer.......well...I'm convinced.....Phew !..there I was thinking that it was a throwback from my circus days where I developed a case of misaligned Circadian Rhythm.

Instead your expertise in XBOXology has helped me in super ways !!

yayyy !!..hugs the Geeze !!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2010 18:09:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums