The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: I just need a good moan  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« on: 02/08/2010 22:54:11 »
OK, got this card through the door from my new postie. He is not as nice as the old one. Anyway this card said that they couldn't deliver the parcel because it had 11.34 duty to pay. I rounded up the kids and asked "Who has been ordering things from America?"
They both looked blank and shrugged. I tried to think what I had ordered and what was missing. All I could think of was a T-shirt with the IT crowd emergency number on it. I only remembered prices in s and the fact that Murray and I had only ordered T-shirts from UK companies so it couldn't be that. I got to the post office and low and behold it was the T-shirt. This made the T-shirt cost 31.24 instead of the already silly 20 they were charging. Not only that but the website pretended to be British with no mention of shipping from the US.
I'm not impressed. All I can say is all at Zazzle, I hope your rude bits frazzle! 

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/2010 23:10:10 »
I have had that before with cafepress.com, but they have changed their ordering now. I would email Zazzle and complain.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #2 on: 03/08/2010 10:33:24 »
Once you have entered the requested information needed to provide the estimate, the various available shipping options and relative pricing will be displayed. This page will also reflect an overall price for the order, including product, tax (if applicable) and shipping**.
//snip

**Please be advised
Zazzle covers the cost of local taxes and import fees on behalf of Zazzle.co.uk customers shipping items to the UK and EU.  Click here for more information on that topic.

Definitely complain and COMPLAIN LOUDLY

Above quoted from their t&c.s ss (terms and conditions subsection shipping) shipping - I cannot click on the further info cos you need to be a member and I have no intention of giving them any details.

If they stonewall - try oft (office fair trading) or consumer watch

Matthew

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: 03/08/2010 10:50:09 by imatfaal »

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #3 on: 03/08/2010 13:04:27 »
Thanks for that. You can see how I would think I was fine ordering from them.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #4 on: 03/08/2010 17:36:35 »
GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR! They make it really hard for you to contact them. I'm not going to have them in my favorites list. It took my nine attempts to get them to accept my submitted e-mail. You can't reply to the stuff they send you. You have to go on a special website that keeps refering you back to the FAQs page. Even when you submit your email you are sent back to FAQs. I still want their rude bits to frazzle.

Offline Mazurka

• View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #5 on: 04/08/2010 14:00:55 »
TV licensing do similar - having decided that a tv licence is a waste of time (on account of not actually watching any) and having discovered that I needed a new aerial etc. if i wanted to watch digital trasnmissions, I phoned to cancel my direct debit.  The nice man I spoke to said, you can get a refund on the 6 months that you have paid for upfront, just go to the website and apply.  Sadly, the website was one of the most vexing online experiences I have had for a long time. 

Notwithstanding that there is no option for "I really don't watch TV anymore" or "Following digital switchover I no longer receive a service and I am just keeping a TV set to watch DVD's" in order to claim the refund you have to fill in a form several pages long (fine) and then get to submit  - at which point it tries to print itself off and the site explains you need to post the form along with evidence of why you no longer need a licence. 

Thank you.  Moan over.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #6 on: 04/08/2010 20:00:26 »
My moan is over as I have a promise of a refund from Zazzle. You can have your rude bits back now! However, I think the one thing I hate about this on-line stuff is sometimes, just talking to someone at the company makes customer service feel personal.
I've had a bit of a do with Dell as their free Vista 7 disc didn't work but they had no process in place for rectifying it. If I wanted help with software I had to pay 34. Not exactly a free upgrade!

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #7 on: 05/08/2010 10:04:53 »
Good News - from my reading of the t&c they didn't have a leg to stand on.  Might still be worth dropping a line to one of the quangos that look after consumers (once your money is back) - you never know they might try this with everyone.  11 quid of evaded tax per transaction to the UK would make their bottom line quite a bit rosier - apart from the fact that it is fraudulent. 

BTW every time I have seen this thread I have read it as "I just need a good MAN"

Matthew

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #8 on: 05/08/2010 16:51:19 »

BTW every time I have seen this thread I have read it as "I just need a good MAN"

ditto

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #9 on: 05/08/2010 18:37:25 »
MIL....don't forget ewe owe me 345.67p for that 30p pencil I have for ewe.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I just need a good moan
« Reply #10 on: 07/08/2010 20:15:18 »

I just realized! Make it Lady rhymes with Nak...ohnevermind...

The Naked Scientists Forum

I just need a good moan
« Reply #10 on: 07/08/2010 20:15:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums