The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why do males experience wet dreams?  (Read 2781 times)

TsepoT

Why do males experience wet dreams?
« on: 06/08/2010 13:30:02 »
TsepoT asked the Naked Scientists:

Why do men get the so called "wet dreams"? Is this only happening to men or do women experience it too? When does it stop and should I be worried that this might continue in adults? How can I assist my son at stopping it or how am I to support him through this experience?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
TT        

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 06/08/2010 13:30:02 by _system »

Offline MartinTheK

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07/08/2010 23:51:43 »
I am reminded of the relevant passage in the "Handbook for Boys" when I was swotting up for first class scout as assistant patrol leader - Cherokee patrol, Troop 159, Sierra Conference, Boy Scouts of America back in the day.

To paraphrase freely- Everyone has them, don't worry about it, wash your hands in the morning, change to fresh pajamas, and obey the Scout Law.

May I say that the succeeding 50 odd years have shown this to be first rate, well-considered advice?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/08/2010 00:30:13 »
I do not think this is something that you can assist your son at stopping. It is perfectly normal and exteremely common and should not be seen as something which indicates a problem, because it is not one. Please do not worry and do not let your son worry either. As a father also I can tell you it is not an issue to cause concern !

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 08/08/2010 00:30:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums