The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can I make my hair grow longer?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
How can I make my hair grow longer?
« on: 09/08/2010 13:35:52 »
Can anyone please recommend suggestions on what to do? Preferably not to go any treatment centres. Are there any vitamins that I must take to let it grow longer? Or what is the best solution? Thanks!

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09/08/2010 13:44:38 »
Hair gets longer all by itself so all you have to do is wait. Maybe you are combing it too vigorously and pulling out the longer hairs preferentially as they get tangled more.

Here is a guess: try getting it professionally cut (just the lightest of trims) often as this will take out split ends that can cause the tangles, and wash it often with a good quality shampoo. And use a brush rather than a comb.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15/08/2010 17:55:28 »
Can anyone please recommend suggestions on what to do? Preferably not to go any treatment centres. Are there any vitamins that I must take to let it grow longer? Or what is the best solution? Thanks!

The Scientist, make sure you are eating a proper diet and if you are and your hair still is not growing well or seems to be thinning also, check for itching and dryness anywhere on your body, see if you are noticing it at all. mild forgetfulness,maybe hoarseness now and then at night seems to be more likely and tiredness.. as If your thyroid is slightly slow hair growth slows down and you may thin out a bit on the hair side of things but you also may gain some weight...so get your thyroid tested just in case then if you are ok that way there are hair and nail vitamins that are really great for adding the proper vitamins keratin etc, to aid  in your hair and nail growth...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 15/08/2010 17:55:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums