The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Organiser suggestions  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« on: 17/08/2010 13:19:30 »
Dear all

I am looking for a free software programme that I can download onto my laptop, in the form of an organiser. Something I can use to schedule tasks, make notes things to do, study plans etc. It need to be simple though ( I am not great with computers!) I am not fussed if it synchronises with email or other computers or whatever, I just need a large virtual organiser! I do have on on my fone but it is fiddly and a pain to use.

any suggestions welcome  :)

Thanks

PS: Oh yeah I run a laptop with Windows 7 on it!

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 17/08/2010 15:54:49 »
Hello Poxy Lady,

I think google aps can be persuaded to do all of that - i have never tried, but know a few people that love the planning/diary applications.  I tried microsoft 'one note' for one project i was working on and felt that with perseverance it could be really useful, especially if many different media were involved.  I tend to work with ms word, a wall planner, and post-it notes; I am assured there are better ways.  Matthew

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #2 on: 17/08/2010 16:05:15 »
Hello.....err.... faal ing man?!!

Ohhhh google apps.... I run chrome so might be something for that. I will check it out  :)

Yes currently most of my life revolves round post-it notes and my phone reminders. Best thing I found was the sticky note tool on my laptop for making  post-it notes on the screen, technology is great!  :D

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #3 on: 17/08/2010 16:50:17 »
Handing google the keys to your life can be very helpful - docs, calendar, email, to-do lists ("tasks" in gmail), address book - and it will integrate everything properly.  Slight snag - you will need to be online.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #4 on: 17/08/2010 16:59:25 »
Handing google the keys to your life
now that's a scary way of putting it!

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #5 on: 17/08/2010 18:26:49 »
Handing google the keys to your life can be very helpful - docs, calendar, email, to-do lists ("tasks" in gmail), address book - and it will integrate everything properly.  Slight snag - you will need to be online.

Hmmmm I have an old gmail account that I use for a junk email, I will have a look.
Problem is as you say being online, ideally I want something that runs even when not online.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Organiser suggestions
« Reply #5 on: 17/08/2010 18:26:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length