The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can I transfer TV recordings made on my HDD recorder to DVD  (Read 8717 times)

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
TV recordings made on my HDD recorder are simple and of good quality but how do I get them onto DVD

Offline tommya300

• View Profile
TV recordings made on my HDD recorder are simple and of good quality but how do I get them onto DVD

Saving special memorable home videos? Aside the minimal discription of hardware.
 I have found this that other WW simular requests have asked. Since nobody responded to your personal inquirey, I figured I do a search for you. I never had done a successful DVD and never used this particular type software, this will put you on a path.

http://club.myce.com/f62/copy-film-hard-drive-dvd-208182/

« Last Edit: 22/08/2010 10:08:42 by tommya300 »

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
Generally, DVD recordings are simply a format(loosely a file type). For movies of any reasonable
length the DVD file type carries an index system to cut the movie into chapters.
When recording from a visual device the device generally captures in some type of MPEG format and
is the hardware used should have a disc with it to handle modifying and managing the movie capture
format with a "converter".
There is also converter software on the net for converting whatever you want.
e.g.  "Any Video Converter"  avc-free.exe

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I made a mistake with my purchases I have a Panasonic DVD recorder that will record either from a built in TV receiver or a SCART connection.
I recently purchased a video recorder that will record TV programs onto a HDD but does not include a DVD disk recorder, this was a mistake if I want to make a permanent recording of a TV program I have either to do it on the Panasonic or else if I have recorded it on the HDD recorder (that has the advantage of being able to record many hours of programs) I must move it into the adjoining room and connect it to the Panasonic with a SCART cable.
My mistake was trying to save money I should have purchased a combined HDD and DVD disk recorder.

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
Now i see the problem clearly. You need a cheap "video editing card" in your computer and a SCART compatible (probably end jacks but SCART is simply UK Europe) cable to connect it.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums