The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: ?Why Get Married??  (Read 1611 times)

Offline tommya300

• View Profile
?Why Get Married??
« on: 28/08/2010 06:40:44 »
Basic reasons why, outside the survival needs not to be isolated?
Express your ideas on what makes these reasons a strong foundation to this Marriage Institution!
« Last Edit: 28/08/2010 06:45:10 by tommya300 »

Offline Green

• View Profile
?Why Get Married??
« Reply #1 on: 29/08/2010 00:24:32 »
Views on marriage are changing less people are opting to marry, it just seems as though the norm of evolution in urban settings.

Marriage has the right ingredients to provide a stable upbringing for offspring, that's one of the reasons I'd give.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267383/Why-children-thrive-married-parents.html

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
?Why Get Married??
« Reply #2 on: 29/08/2010 19:01:06 »
When I was a young make it lady I wanted to get married and have kids. This seemed to be an instinct thing as actually I hate babies. I wanted to find a tall, thin, fit, blond man who was not going to shag and run. Because I don't really trust men to stick around when the going gets tough I also wanted to trap said man so it would be difficult for him to leave me in the lurch. I found my man and let him chase me and when he had chased me enough I let him catch me but not before the ring was firmly on my finger. This was my reason to get married. A need to be supported in the upbringing of our children, a paranoid lack of trust in men and a weird need to have children.
God Knows why men do it.   

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
?Why Get Married??
« Reply #3 on: 29/08/2010 19:47:59 »
"God Knows why men do it.  "
Because
"I let him catch me but not before the ring was firmly on my finger."

Also, it's a good excuse for a party and a way to declare to all the other men that "this one's mine!"

The Naked Scientists Forum

?Why Get Married??
« Reply #3 on: 29/08/2010 19:47:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums