The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: JimBob  (Read 51657 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #75 on: 09/09/2010 20:23:02 »
Fortunately I'm here to save the day and give the proper treatment his Highness deserves

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #76 on: 10/09/2010 01:23:05 »
Look, are you going to hurry up and get better so I can fly over and give you a good feel-up or not?? Or just keep posting prattle on here?

The party shall continue for a while in hospital - but not this one it seems. The fibrillations seem to be controlled by a new medication but they re going to keep me for the Friday and the weekend to be certain (constant wireless telemetry of RKG here) then transfer me to a rehabilitation hospital Monday for a couple of weeks until I am strong enough to care for myself. The initial half weakened stage due to long term (2+ years) underlying pancreatitis, the subsequently lying in bed and the strength needed to move around 40-50 more pounds of weight added by fluid retention since I came into the hospital and began bloating like a toad means an unholy weakness that needs some attention before I am really capable of independent living.

Sooooooooooooo  ........ I will try to participate more on the forum in between the long periods of sleep and programmed exercise.

( I am glad you are feeling more yourself hun, I have been worried xxxx)

Thank you, sweetness.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #77 on: 10/09/2010 01:25:53 »
Fortunately I'm here to save the day and give the proper treatment his Highness deserves

I am VERY glad ewe and I are separated by a vast pond. (I use "pond" as I am not sure sheep are intelligent enough to comprehend what an ocean may be.)

(I may pay for that remark later. He can send scathing emails)

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #78 on: 10/09/2010 04:52:16 »
I am VERY glad ewe and I are separated by a vast pond.

But inflatable sheep can float...

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #79 on: 10/09/2010 05:54:09 »
Ah yes! The old "inflat-o-ewe". Neil must have been in Hamburg recently. If I'm not mistaken, that's the Pneumatic Norma limited edition. I understand they are very popular in Wales.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #80 on: 10/09/2010 14:22:47 »
Leave it to Demo to find this ............   (sigh)

what are we going to do with these guys??

Offline SeanB

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #81 on: 10/09/2010 20:29:30 »
I do like a nice bit of leg of mutton at times......

But it is very hard to blow up those sheep, you know where the nozzle is...........

I think that box is one from Demo's collection, I think I saw it in his home video on YouTube...... ;)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #82 on: 10/09/2010 21:23:39 »

I think that box is one from Demo's collection, I think I saw it in his home video on YouTube...... ;)

No, Sean, you're thinking of the "Li'l Lonely Critters" vid, so stop trying to embarrass me!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #83 on: 10/09/2010 21:24:45 »
Leave it to Demo to find this ............   (sigh)

what are we going to do with these guys??

Oh, c'mon, you crave all this and you know it!

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #84 on: 11/09/2010 13:46:26 »
Crave? Nay, fiend perv.         We find this just craven!

Bestiality indeed, sir, IN-DEED!!!

Royal Infirmary Update:

Our Royal Highness is pleased to announce that His cardiologist has declared that the atrial fibrillation are under control with new medications. As no arrhythmia has been observed for this the fourth day, Our Presence shall no longer be required in this location. On Monday We shall remove such radiant presence for this place to a place of rehabilitation. This fine institution has a regal bearing, befitting our situation. It also possesses a salt water therapy pool, the most fitting place of recovery for our Royal Arthritis.   

A joyful but short arrival Mass of Thanksgiving will be celebrated on our arrival. We shall then be installed in our chambers and the tasks of recovery and building strength shall continue - all be it in a more comfortable setting.

We are tired. Begun before dawn and not wishing to awaken the scribe to whom so much was dictated late into the night, this has been set down by the King's own hand.

(OH the love for one's loyal subjects that leads to such devotion!)

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #85 on: 12/09/2010 14:22:58 »
Hey! you took that wrong, Demo, my friend! RARELY am I serious in a thread such as this. My standards are most likely lower than yours.

We keep all our loyal subjects informed of our regal movements, (including those of the bowels, if desired.)

Offline SeanB

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #86 on: 12/09/2010 15:54:04 »
Though I dare to say that there is no Royal Chamberlain for this particular Lord. More likely a shared one, who, to take a rework from antiquity and so as not to trigger spam and profanity filters, surely takes no unwarranted matter, odourous or otherwise, from anybody .

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #87 on: 12/09/2010 17:59:25 »

Hey! you took that wrong, Demo, my friend! RARELY am I serious in a thread such as this. My standards are most likely lower than yours.

We keep all our loyal subjects informed of our regal movements, (including those of the bowels, if desired.)

VERY sorry, JimBob. You're right. It happened before with one of our friends here, as you know.

Touchy, touchy, touchy  :(

I signed up for a Home Improvement Course from a matchbook that I still have from when I smoked ciggies 40 years ago.

Sigh.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #88 on: 12/09/2010 18:14:42 »

Though I dare to say that there is no Royal Chamberlain for this particular Lord. More likely a shared one, who, to take a rework from antiquity and so as not to trigger spam and profanity filters, surely takes no unwarranted matter, odourous or otherwise, from anybody .

Sean, could you re-write that in 8th Grade language so that I can understand it? :)

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
JimBob
« Reply #89 on: 13/09/2010 14:10:05 »

Sean, could you re-write that in 8th Grade language so that I can understand it? :)

Allow me to enlighten you:

Though I dare to say = He dared, he dared!

Royal Chamberlain = Person attending to the needs of a Royal whilst in the chamber.

this particular Lord = Jimus O'Bobus

More likely a shared one = As Royal Chamberlain above, but responsible for the needs of 2 or more royals.

take a rework from antiquity = Counterfeit.

spam = Special produced American meat.

profanity filters = System devised to obviate the use of f****** swear words.

surely = Don't keep calling me Shirley.

unwarranted matter = Crap.

odourous = Smelly feet.

otherwise = Not smelly feet.

anybody = Undefined person.

Should be as clear as mud now, no, don't thank me, it was a pleasure.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #90 on: 13/09/2010 15:42:17 »

Alas, the ignorance of normal medical practice seems to pervade this forum. Ancient Royal physicians (Not Chamberlains)are well trained in the intricacies of corpology or the study of feces. A first glance, this appears to be an exercise in stupidity. Yet when used, the resits are condiderably accurate. Just as the Chinese needed a way to get deeper into the health of the patient, they found that the pulse could yield significant info. The examination of scat really did give the physicians of those days a plethora of informstion about the condition of the patient.  The latest reference I  have seen a Royal Navy Surgeon's Guide on the task of keeping a crew at sea healthy. Published after the Napoleonic wars.

« Last Edit: 14/09/2010 20:11:54 by demografx »

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #91 on: 13/09/2010 18:33:32 »
There is also the mad poo-lady on channel four's "you are what you eat" but hopefully one of the few benefits of a hospital bed in texas is being able to avoid crappy (quite literally) uk television. 

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #92 on: 13/09/2010 19:33:23 »
What's the going rate for a Lord Chamberpot anyway? The way this economy's going, I may have to apply for the position.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
JimBob
« Reply #93 on: 14/09/2010 09:09:11 »
What's the going rate for a Lord Chamberpot anyway? The way this economy's going, I may have to apply for the position.

Its not well paid, just turdy poo pounds per day.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #94 on: 14/09/2010 20:00:23 »
Quote from: JimBob

Alas, the ignorance of normal medical practice seems to pervade this forum. Ancient Royal physicians (Not Chamberlains)are well trained in the intricacies of corpology or the study of feces. A first glance, this appears to be an exercise in stupidity. Yet when used, the resits are condiderably accurate. Just as the Chinese needed a way to get deeper into the health of the patient, they found that the pulse could yield significant info. The examination of scat really did give the physicians of those days a plethora of informstion about the condition of the patient.  The latest reference I  have seen a Royal Navy Surgeon's Guide on the task of keeping a crew at sea healthy. Published after the Napoleonic wars.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to my next medical leeching session!!
« Last Edit: 14/09/2010 20:15:10 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #95 on: 14/09/2010 20:08:49 »

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
JimBob
« Reply #96 on: 15/09/2010 17:23:06 »
While 'leaching' was popular among the ancient physicians, today it appears to be the preserve of bankers and politicians.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #97 on: 15/09/2010 18:47:13 »
HI ALL

NOT GOOD NEWS

About to leave Monday and began throwing up. Same scenario - tube in nose, large morphine for pain, pancreas bleeding internally. Most likely from all of blood thinners given when atrial fibrillation required them.

Another  week?

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #98 on: 15/09/2010 19:10:19 »
Serious expletive deleted!

Just take your time and they'll get it sorted out.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob
« Reply #99 on: 16/09/2010 04:56:49 »

Hang in there, JimBob.

Best wishes!

The Naked Scientists Forum

JimBob
« Reply #99 on: 16/09/2010 04:56:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums