The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: New here...Xanthan Gum question...  (Read 3074 times)

Offline DisneyGirl

• First timers
    • View Profile
New here...Xanthan Gum question...
« on: 27/01/2006 14:34:57 »
Hello all!  I have been lurking the past couple of days.  Now I have a question!  I am only about 10 pounds overweight.  BUT, I over eat all the time!  I am a stay at home mom and tend to snack all day!  I workout daily and I absolutly love it!  I wouldn't miss a workout for anything!!  I saw the posts about the Xanthan Gum, and wanted to give it a try.  I could only find the powder, and not the pill.  So, I mixed 1/2 teaspoon in with some water to check it out.  I don't think I could drink that.  It is super slimy!!  I did mix it with some yogurt this am, but I think that isn't the point.  It is suposed to fill me up with bulk (or at least the bulk feeling).  So, once it is already thickened the product I am taking it with, it doesn't continue to thicken in my tummy, right??  I am wondering if I should have tried to find the pills, but now I am stuck with a fairly large amount of this powder that I want to use up.  Any suggestions or comments???  I am really looking for something that can help.  I have bad reactions to most all the energy or diet pills out there.  Something in the proprietory (spelling?) blend makes me get horrible headaches!!!!  No matter which one it is, I end up with a migrane.  It isn't the caffine because I drink coffee all the time.  Some sort of herb is not agreeing with me.  That is why I liked what I read about the Xanthan Gum.  I did alot of research and found this to be a very safe product (read the research studies with animals and people) and nobody had a bad reaction, but lost weight most the time.  So, I wanted to try it...

Any tips???

Thanks all!

Offline loweduane

• View Profile
Re: New here...Xanthan Gum question...
« Reply #1 on: 27/01/2006 19:58:27 »
Many health food stores will have a little device you can purchase that will allow you to put the powder into capsules yourself.  You buy the empty capsules and fill about 50 at a time.  It is easy, and works great if you buy nutrient powders in bulk.  There are about 5 00 size capsules in a teaspoon.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: New here...Xanthan Gum question...
« Reply #1 on: 27/01/2006 19:58:27 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums