The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Solidifying milk..... but a different type.. Your help needed  (Read 4824 times)

Offline chemicalmum

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.

I have searched high, I have searched low and have even tried it in my kitchen.

I am looking to solidify breast milk  ;D

You might think im crazy but its something I am keen to try and work out! The main reason is I want to make it into a shaped bead for necklace for my children as a keepsake.

As I understand it breastmilk casein in quite low.. compaired to cows milk and its the casein you need when making milk into a plastic? is that right?

I have tried boiling the milk and then adding vinegar but it did nothing other than cause an awful sour smell  [xx(]

I have found that a guy in America made a cheese, but he used other products such a renant, cows milk and yogurt. There is a lady in america that mananged to make it and put the beads inside a pendant, but put that she plasticised it (shes why I want to do it but I am not paying it if I can as its quite pricey!!)

Thing is shes saying its breastmilk so surely she couldn't be using anything cow related with it as it wouldn't be breastmilk would it?

Is there other ways to do it?

I have looked into maybe using a veg renant rather than cows renent but I am still unsure.

So is there anyone here who can help? have any ideas?

I understand that this may seem freaky... strange or maybe even kinda gross but hey its something I want to do  ;)

Help  :D

Offline celiakitty

• First timers
    • View Profile
hihi
i'm also experimenting this. mind to share?

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums