The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: ?posting/thread integrity issue  (Read 16853 times)

Offline annie123

• View Profile
?posting/thread integrity issue
« on: 11/09/2010 23:35:48 »
HI This is my fourth attempt to get a reply to my problem - already tried chris x2, report to moderator,so although I suppose I'm not a guest as I am a reistered member I'm trying here.  I want to know how to stop a thread I have started when the posts begin to verge away fomr the original topic and also become distasteful in the name of humour. Secondly I'd lke to know why, in MY POSTs there appear threads authored by me but attributed to me that I had nothing to do with and to which I have never posted. Thirdly,in MY POSTS list appear threads authored by other people. I hope there will be someone to reply to this. Or perhaps I should post this on every thread to get answers.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12/09/2010 01:23:42 »
Chris has been in Australia recently ... http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=33724.0

If someone is impersonating you in this forum can report their bogus post to a moderator by clicking on "Report to moderator" on its bottom right corner ...

Spammers sometimes copy other posts verbatim and post them with a spammy link added, this practice may explain posts which are identical to yours but have someone else's name. Report these posts to moderator as spam.
« Last Edit: 12/09/2010 01:30:53 by RD »

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/09/2010 03:02:08 »
Hi annie123,

I checked my notifications of reported posts and I don't see any from you.  Sometimes reporting doesn't work properly, so its possible the moderators were never notified.  If you want me to bring something to the attention of the other moderators, shoot me a PM and I'll do so.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #3 on: 12/09/2010 23:00:05 »
No, I've not received anything either...

Can you list the topics / posts in question please?

Chris

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13/09/2010 09:41:48 »
Hi Chris,

I've PMed you the info I got from annie123. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 13/09/2010 09:41:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums