The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Un-natural Selection  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Ottehg Star

• View Profile
Un-natural Selection
« on: 30/01/2006 23:23:08 »
This is an appeal to everyone out there who has ever thought there are too many ugly people out there.  If beautiful people all around the world only have sex with other beautiful people then the ugly people will get no sex at all therefore will have no chance to procreate. If only beautiful people can reproduce then the ugly people will slowly die out leaving a planet of only beautiful people for the coming generations.  For the sake of your childrens children, please use protection next time you get too desperate and sleep with someone ugly.  What are your thoughts on this matter? My plan is open to suggestions/improvements.

I accept no responsibility for any controversy this statement may cause

another_someone

Re: Un-natural Selection
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2006 02:06:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ottehg Star

This is an appeal to everyone out there who has ever thought there are too many ugly people out there.  If beautiful people all around the world only have sex with other beautiful people then the ugly people will get no sex at all therefore will have no chance to procreate. If only beautiful people can reproduce then the ugly people will slowly die out leaving a planet of only beautiful people for the coming generations.  For the sake of your childrens children, please use protection next time you get too desperate and sleep with someone ugly.  What are your thoughts on this matter? My plan is open to suggestions/improvements.

Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  In many societies, women who are voluptuous, or Rubenesque, are considered the more  beautiful.

Secondly, do you really want a world populated with dumb blondes, or would you rather have a bit of intelligence in your future world? (and, yes, I know I'd better start running, before those blondes catch up with me, and do something nasty to me :D).
« Last Edit: 31/01/2006 02:07:30 by another_someone »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2006 02:58:17 »
quote:
Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

It has been scientifically proved that there are certain facial feature's, shape of face,Jaw lines,cheek bones,etc that all women and men subconsciously prefer over all the rest. In other words if you were to put ten men in a line and two of the men had them facial features and the women were asked to pick which two men they preferred almost all of the women will pick the two men with them features

Michael                 HAPPY NEW YEAR                    

another_someone

« Reply #3 on: 31/01/2006 15:37:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by ukmicky

quote:
Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

It has been scientifically proved that there are certain facial feature's, shape of face,Jaw lines,cheek bones,etc that all women and men subconsciously prefer over all the rest. In other words if you were to put ten men in a line and two of the men had them facial features and the women were asked to pick which two men they preferred almost all of the women will pick the two men with them features

The fact that you have to qualify your statement that almost all of them will pick those two does rather undermine the universality of the result.

I would also ask whether the result was cross cultural or reflected a particular group from a particular culture?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31/01/2006 16:52:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ottehg Star

You're having a laugh !!...you ought to be a talk radio presenter...it's the perfect topic to get lots of people ringing in. ;)

What's wrong with ugly people anyway.

This might sound contradictory but some of the most beautiful people I have known were ugly.

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

Offline daveshorts

• Neilep Level Member
  • Physics, Experiments
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chaosscience.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: 01/02/2006 22:12:16 »
You have failed to take into account that the 'ugly' people will breed with each other. It may cause humans to split into an ugly, and a beautiful species, but I don't think it would cause 'ugly' people to die out.

sharkeyandgeorge

« Reply #6 on: 02/02/2006 13:52:15 »
this is all very "time machine" but remember what happens to the eloyie

"Defender of the Sea"

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02/02/2006 14:04:10 »
What happened to the what?

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02/02/2006 17:16:51 »
To me, a person who pigeon holes other people is indeed one ugly bun of a sitch. Some of my friends are the most beautiful people on earth. They shine out among the crowds, not because they are covered with a blemish free skin, but because of who they are and what we see when they make a move in life’s game. Many of these beautiful people have nothing in the material nonsensical bubble created for us by the manipulators (more ugly people), yet they would give away their last breath. Take the Kalahari Bush people for example. Seen many documentaries on these beautiful people, showing them as a caring honourable hunter gathering nation that share what they have with anyone who stops with them for a few days. These are the real beautiful people, not the cardboard cut outs you refer to in your post, but you obviously have a long way to walk in life before you can see through the skin.

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
K.I.S. "Keep it simple!"

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #8 on: 02/02/2006 17:16:51 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums