The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Who developed the technique of Helioseismology?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline tommya300

• View Profile
Who developed the technique of Helioseismology?
« on: 24/09/2010 01:58:24 »
Who developed Helioseismology.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24/09/2010 19:08:28 »
A very cool science, or hot? :) Thought about our Swedish sun astronomer first, he had a sun observatory on Capri if I remember right? But looking it up I was all wrong :)

HISTORY OF THE 60 FOOT SOLAR TOWER. And this one was nice to look at. PowerPoint Presentation. It also seems to need a fair bit of 'chaos mathematics' to be described. Sh*, just looking at the images in the power-point tells you that :)
===

This one tells the main story I think? Overview - where do we stand with helioseismology? By Juri Toomre. 
« Last Edit: 24/09/2010 19:41:02 by yor_on »

Offline tommya300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/09/2010 22:26:59 »
A very cool science, or hot? :) Thought about our Swedish sun astronomer first, he had a sun observatory on Capri if I remember right? But looking it up I was all wrong :)

HISTORY OF THE 60 FOOT SOLAR TOWER. And this one was nice to look at. PowerPoint Presentation. It also seems to need a fair bit of 'chaos mathematics' to be described. Sh*, just looking at the images in the power-point tells you that :)
===

This one tells the main story I think? Overview - where do we stand with helioseismology? By Juri Toomre. 

Thank Yor_on
Cool, Hot Stuff!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 24/09/2010 22:26:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums