The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can we imprint a logo from a paper to another?  (Read 5798 times)

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
I do understand that my question may cause confusion. What I meant was how do you, without damaging the original copy, imprint a logo onto another piece of paper. From one paper to another. The logo would be firstly chopped on ink from one stamp onto the paper itself. SO how do you use the original and transfer to another?

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
How can we imprint a logo from a paper to another?
« Reply #1 on: 04/10/2010 13:33:38 »
Solvent ... http://www.ehow.com/how_5936538_use-xylene-transfer-photocopied-images.html

The solvent permits the photocopy ink to bleed from paper to paper (or paper to canvas/wood/etc).

... without damaging the original copy, imprint a logo onto another piece of paper. From one paper to another.

The "original" printed material (photocopy) would be damaged by this transfer, (one-time use I suspect).
« Last Edit: 04/10/2010 13:42:05 by RD »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/10/2010 17:08:09 »
I do understand that my question may cause confusion. What I meant was how do you, without damaging the original copy, imprint a logo onto another piece of paper. From one paper to another. The logo would be firstly chopped on ink from one stamp onto the paper itself. SO how do you use the original and transfer to another?

I hope you're not thinking of doing anything dodgy.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/10/2010 18:42:04 »

I doubt anyone will accept a back-to-front banknote: transfer printing reverses the image.

« Last Edit: 04/10/2010 18:44:51 by RD »

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/10/2010 06:57:31 »

Nope, Geezer, thats just one of the questions I wanted to ask.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 05/10/2010 06:57:31 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums