The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why does Solar system relationships, cause changes in Weather and Markets?  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Farmer

• First timers
    • View Profile
  I do not question that our violent storms, earthquakes and especially our Crop type market patterns are linked to what goes on within our Solar System, but the Speed at which these energies, are transmuted to take "effects" upon earth, defies the concepts of distance and speed of light relationship of our science, knowledge and understanding. Yet the facts of the reoccurring cause and effect relationships are known.   
  There appears to be a "cohesiveness" within space, and I'd be very interested in hearing your views upon this matter of Solar system relationships, verses the effects seen within Weather and Crop Market patterns.   

SteveFish

Farmer:

I don't understand what it is that you are asking. It might be helpful if you could explain what specific solar system relationships you are referring to, and also what potential effects they might have.

Steve

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Farmer - crop marks are made by guys with a knowledge of maths, some ropes and poles, and a curious hoaxing sense of humour.  This is not something I am unsure of; I was drinking buddies with a few guys who did it at the very beginning of its notoriety.  Some of the experts in the Geology part of this forum would be able to tell you how much influence extra-terrestrial factors have on earth-quakes but I think it is fairly small.  Weather systems are of course influenced by the sun and the moon but I am not sure about the other planets.

I would be very interested to see your proof that "facts of the reoccurring cause and effect relationships are known"  because I have never seen any.  

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Farmer, are you referring to "crop circles" (as Imat suggests) or, are you proposing that there is some connection between solar activity and the market price of commodities like wheat, corn, rice, etc.?

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Are you suggesting that the weather here on Earth is effected by and has an effect upon the other planets in our solar system?

And that that, in turn, has an effect on farmed produce and the supply and demand of such produce?

If so, I think you are very much mistaken. You seem to going into the realms of astrology, which, I hasten to add, is most defiantly not a science.

I should, of course, not include the Sun & Moon in this, but to suggest that Jupiter might have some effect.... well.....
« Last Edit: 26/10/2010 18:19:59 by Don_1 »

Offline maffsolo

• View Profile
Particular indirect reactions may be a factor. Nothing like the lining up of particular Astronomical heavenly bodies.
 The Sun is our pivot point of our existence.
The moon orbits the earth approximately monthly as the earth orbits the sun, yearly.

The earths is affected by the Sun's related positions within a year.
 Ancient cultures used the moon as a timing device, Harvest Moon to name one.

With the 4 seasons different weather conditions follow and dictate when to germinate, when to plant when to harvest.
Since the Earth and Sun is part of our solar system, it can be safe to say, OK.

But if you think an land quake on an active moon of Jupiter affecting earth's weather .
That is like saying, I jumped in my swimming pool and the wake reached the Gulf.

There are limitations.

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
It is all perfectly logical and entirely a product of human interaction.  Commercial markets like the stock market and basic commodity prices are affected by the opinions of the people who are buying and selling these things. They therefore respond to the processes that these people may consider could affect these prices.  This is particularly true if there is a significant amount of speculative buying.  That is buying and selling for the very short term in the hope that the market will change favourably (up or down according to their methods).  It clearly follows that if some people consider that astronomical events could affect the market and they act accordingly it will appear as if astronomical events affect the market!

Offline maffsolo

• View Profile
It is all perfectly logical and entirely a product of human interaction.  Commercial markets like the stock market and basic commodity prices are affected by the opinions of the people who are buying and selling these things. They therefore respond to the processes that these people may consider could affect these prices.  This is particularly true if there is a significant amount of speculative buying.  That is buying and selling for the very short term in the hope that the market will change favourably (up or down according to their methods).  It clearly follows that if some people consider that astronomical events could affect the market and they act accordingly it will appear as if astronomical events affect the market!

Weather does affect crops, people directly affect the market. Supply, demand, emphasises costs.
I heard the word astronomical, pertaining to the Market, used once in a negative way.
Something to do with  "Black Tuesday", October 29, 1929,

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums