The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Where does the energy go?  (Read 9353 times)

SteveFish

Where does the energy go?
« Reply #25 on: 28/11/2010 17:26:43 »
Jartza:

I, for one, am not going to keep chasing your changing questions. In twenty some posts several people have tried to help you understand where you are in error. However, you don't admit your errors but instead continue on your circle of questions. You stated the 700N man bit two times and have been corrected. Do you now admit that the force a man exerts on a ladder increases when he climbs?

Steve
« Last Edit: 28/11/2010 18:21:27 by SteveFish »

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
« Reply #26 on: 28/11/2010 18:09:20 »
A good point Steve.  I feel thread locking time is fast approaching!

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28/11/2010 18:44:39 »
Seconded.

Offline jartza

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28/11/2010 20:02:47 »
Jartza:

I, for one, am not going to keep chasing your changing questions. In twenty some posts several people have tried to help you understand where you are in error. However, you don't admit your errors but instead continue on your circle of questions. You stated the 700N man bit two times and have been corrected. Do you now admit that the force a man exerts on a ladder increases when he climbs?

Steve

So the ladder and the weight that a climber exerts on it ... Do you
want to discuss that?

My opinion is that when this ladder is standing on the surface of the
earth, the force is m*g , m is mass of the climber, g is gravitational acceleration.

SteveFish

« Reply #29 on: 28/11/2010 21:58:06 »
Jartza:

Just answer the question- Do you now admit that the force a man exerts on a ladder increases when he climbs?

Steve

Offline jartza

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29/11/2010 11:57:51 »

Elfabyanos, can you explain to me why fly in an plane behaves like this:

The only way the fly can change the weight of the plane is by either altering the mass of itself, the air or the plane, or by altering the strength of gravity. The fly cannot do this, therefore it cannot affect the weight.

But guy on a ladder is a different thing altogether?

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
« Reply #31 on: 29/11/2010 12:40:05 »
jartza - A repeated refusal to directly answer the majority questions put to you about why you can't accept the most basic (of schoolchild level) mechanics and a purposeful effort to not even attempt to learn for yourself - has lead to the decision to lock this thread.

If you feel that you have a valid argument for re-opening this, then you can PM to explain why you are unable to do these things (and appear to expect others to work for you - work that you then reject).

I apologise for any other members who are inconvenienced by this, but enough is enough!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #31 on: 29/11/2010 12:40:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums