The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is Neodymium magnets Made of?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline qiyang

• First timers
    • View Profile
What is Neodymium magnets Made of?
« on: 29/10/2010 03:35:14 »
In the 21st century, SPAM are used in several applications in technology .What is Neodymium magnets Made of? SPAM
« Last Edit: 11/11/2010 07:14:40 by Geezer »

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Re: What is Neodymium magnets Made of?
« Reply #1 on: 29/10/2010 10:07:01 »
Spam, it would appear.

Magnetic spam, now the Monty Python team never thought of that, did they?
« Last Edit: 29/10/2010 10:08:33 by Don_1 »

Offline maffsolo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29/10/2010 11:44:05 »

Offline jackboed

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/11/2010 06:57:47 »
Why are neodymium magnets such a huge topic among the magnet manufacturer and their customers? It is a very important element used in producing generators, electric motors, audio, video, hybrid vehicles and much more. Another reason why it is so popular is because it is very inexpensive. In today's economy, people are constantly looking for ways to cut cost, this magnet is a financial life-saver when it comes to the cost of producing a product. Other products made from neodymium magnets include computer hard drives and even your cell phone. Another great benefit of this magnet is that it is used as a healing agent for people who suffer from pain such as back pain, fibromvalgia and arthritis.
According to scientist, Neodymium reserves are approximately 8 million tons. SPAMMY LINK - are derived from a mixture of iron, boron and neodymium. It is the powerful effects of boron and iron within the magnet that has motivated the creation of magnetic play sets for kids and the magnetic clasps in jewelry.
« Last Edit: 11/11/2010 07:11:37 by Geezer »

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/11/2010 09:45:46 »
I am most confused, good sirs!  I was in need of a magnet in order to affix my recent telephone bill to the refrigerator pending payment, but when I tried to use one of your aforementioned magnets made out of spam, all I ended up with was a spam-encrusted bill and puddle of spam on the floor! 

I call shenanigans!

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/11/2010 10:08:43 »
Another great benefit of this magnet is that it is used as a healing agent for people who suffer from pain such as back pain, fibromvalgia and arthritis.
Apparently they don't heal poor eyesight: it's fibromyalgia.

It is the powerful effects of boron and iron within the magnet that has motivated the creation of magnetic play sets for kids

And perforates their guts when they swallow more than one of these powerful magnets...

Unlike foreign bodies that can pass through the body with relatively little trouble, magnets can seriously damage the stomach or intestine by attracting each other through the lining of different loops of intestine. Ultimately, the magnets could cause a lack of blood flow in the lining and puncture the lining of the intestine.

That's why anyone who swallows multiple magnets should seek immediate medical attention, which could include surgery,
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20041026/swallowed-magnets-are-dangerous
« Last Edit: 11/11/2010 10:13:35 by RD »

Offline SeanB

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/11/2010 16:54:03 »
I think Sheepy has some experience with this..........

Though you get special sheep and cow magnets that they do swallow...........

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 11/11/2010 16:54:03 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums