The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: is it possible to move faster than the speed of light?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline jesse5004

• First timers
    • View Profile
Is it possible to move faster than the speed of light if space moves around us rather than us moving through space? Because i believe that would be the only way to, because if you yourself travel faster than the speed of light time will reverse around you so if you left earth and came back it would be farther in the past. But if space moved around you and you were sitting still then when you came back everything would still be aging at the same rate as you. does this seem true?

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
is it possible to move faster than the speed of light?
« Reply #2 on: 08/11/2010 17:41:10 »
i could NOT keep up with that document maffsolo lol too smart for me!

Offline pranza

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/11/2010 05:29:40 »
I believe that the travel at the speed of light is all about dimensions. The ability to travel interdimensional is the key to light speed. It seems to me that the CERN project may give us the answers we need to figure out light speed. I know they are smashing particles and creating small black holes but this could give us an accidental answer about achieving light speed. It goes back to the A to B theory. That if you can bend the distance of point A to point B then they would be on top of or together allowing either side to get through. I hope I am not confusing you, it is just a thought. We know that the speed of light is within our realm of science therefore we just have not exposed it in the way we need it right now, to use it to travel faster.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 09/11/2010 05:29:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums