The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Does anyone remeber a space shuttle Atari game?  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Eric A. Taylor

• I before E except after C, unless weird science
    • View Profile
Does anyone remeber a space shuttle Atari game?
« on: 04/11/2010 07:15:22 »
Back in the day (and I'm talking WAY back) I had an Atari 2600 video game based on a space shuttle mission. The game consisted of launch, deploying a satellite and then landing in California. The game was very primitive by today's standard of video game (this was early 80's) but it was a lot of fun. Does anyone else remember this game?

Offline maffsolo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/2010 12:58:59 »
Back in the day (and I'm talking WAY back) I had an Atari 2600 video game based on a space shuttle mission. The game consisted of launch, deploying a satellite and then landing in California. The game was very primitive by today's standard of video game (this was early 80's) but it was a lot of fun. Does anyone else remember this game?

WOOO, (and I'm talking WAY back), the 50's Winky Dink crayons, a plastic film overlay and a 21 inch black and White TV, was a video game assembly for the child artist, and that was way back... hahaha

I remember a video game that you needed to input the forces that control a rocket launch and landing.
Upon liftoff the ground would scroll Right to left or left to right depending on what retro rockets you fire.
I never got past level 1...

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/11/2010 16:45:12 »
Back in the day (and I'm talking WAY back) I had an Atari 2600 video game based on a space shuttle mission.

There are "emulator" programmes which allow you to play ye-olde computer games on a modern PC.

e.g. Here is a free Atari 2600 emulator ... http://stella.sourceforge.net/index.php

other emulators are available.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 04/11/2010 16:45:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums