The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: God real or not  (Read 234117 times)

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #550 on: 20/12/2007 20:09:33 »
lol rotfl lmao

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
God real or not
« Reply #551 on: 20/12/2007 21:37:13 »
y does god change his mind tho i mean wat if i wanna be "fruitful and mutiply" with my sister i mean come on i have one HOT sister so that is wrong now that god changed his mind?

anthony..idk idc lol cuz i've gots all i wants lol

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #552 on: 21/12/2007 16:30:19 »
kraner think about wat i said...lol MY sister

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
God real or not
« Reply #553 on: 21/12/2007 16:36:38 »
Yeha you don't have a sister? lol

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #554 on: 21/12/2007 16:43:39 »
In the beginning, or at least close to it, they had to incest because there was no one else, but as society evolved, incest was looked down upon and seen as a sin because so many other people had now populated the earth. Technically, incest still happens, seeing as we are all related through Adam and Eve.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #555 on: 21/12/2007 16:46:40 »
lol yea

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
God real or not
« Reply #556 on: 21/12/2007 21:35:59 »
lol yea

Wow 565 replies. go anthony lol

Offline RMorty

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #557 on: 22/12/2007 17:33:58 »
No, can't say I am a scholar of either.  But I do know about what I've written.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #558 on: 08/01/2008 19:07:19 »
but still ben we r still doing sumthing that'll send us to hell lol right???

Offline Quantumorigin7

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #559 on: 17/06/2008 21:15:06 »
You want the answer? Here's the answer. God is not part of our known science. Our science says he does not exist, frankly, because it cannot suffice the ability to explain him. We have 4th. dimensional physics and we have the "paranormal" somewhat explained. But God is "supernatural". The supernatural, if it exists, has, is, and always will be beyond our comprehension. I always told people around me that if there is a God, he let science take it's course after he decided to create a big mess of whatever in oblivion, thus, evolution took place and we got smarter and smarter and now we think we can say there is no God when we really don't know.

Beyond our dimension lies a dimension not of sight, sound, but of mind. The mind projects into a higher dimension and therefore, when it dies, becomes part of that dimension and then, it A.)starts a new life or B.)becomes a "soul" in the supernatural, the eternal heaven or the eternal hell. We don't know yet, the only people that know are the dead, if they exist now. If they don't exist, then it never happened, it's like before you were born and had no before life. If there are past lives, then what we know as birth will always happen until the "big splash" and then what will happen? Perhaps an intersecting 4th. or 5th. or even 6th. dimension will open up and have it's chance to evolve and create what I would like to call "the intersecting race of persons once known" They will possess the higher learning ability our "projected" minds passed on and will not really have any need for physical strength, like Neanderthals.

Intersecting dimensions, mind projection, parallel universe, it's all theory. God is belief. You either believe in him or you don't, got it?

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
    • http://cantmakeadifference.blogspot.com
God real or not
« Reply #560 on: 17/06/2008 22:27:14 »
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
-CHARLES DARWIN, Introduction, The Descent of Man (1871)

Offline Quantumorigin7

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #561 on: 18/06/2008 13:28:49 »
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
-CHARLES DARWIN, Introduction, The Descent of Man (1871)

Ok, smart a**, tell me who God is then.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #562 on: 18/06/2008 13:41:47 »
Intersecting dimensions, mind projection, parallel universe, it's all theory. God is belief. You either believe in him or you don't, got it?

Okay then.  I don't believe in him, and so to me god is not, never has been and can never be real.  Surely that's the end of the discussion?

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #563 on: 18/06/2008 15:57:39 »

Ok, smart a**, tell me who God is then.

God is a concept that human beings created to explain mysteries of a primitive time. Throughout human history many of these fictional deities have been created. The particular one you believe in no doubt is tied up with a bunch of your emotions and then you use post hoc rationalisation.

Human beings make things so when we looked at the natural world we thought "someone much bigger than us must have made this". As we progressed we discovered better explanations for natural phenomenon. We know Zeus doesn't cause lightning. In modern society most people no longer think god is even a person. He is some kind of nebulous spirit that purveys the universe. I have no problem with you or anyone believing this but I use Occam's razor and think it is unnecessary. I wish people didn't believe stuff without evidence but hey you can't always get what you want. What really gets me annoyed is when they think they can tell me what a fictional omnipotent beings wants me to do.

Offline Quantumorigin7

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #564 on: 18/06/2008 16:55:48 »
I have to agree, having someone forcing religion on you is like telling you to go out in the middle of the 4 way intersection blind folded. I know what it's like, being raised Catholic.

I've heard it time and time again that "God is a concept", but can someone, other than myself, reason upon "afterlife experiences" through interdimensional interaction?

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #565 on: 18/06/2008 22:36:08 »
but can someone, other than myself, reason upon "afterlife experiences" through interdimensional interaction?

Please elaborate as I have no idea what this means.

Offline Quantumorigin7

• View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #566 on: 19/06/2008 12:45:55 »
Basically, can someone, like I do, relate "afterlife" experiences with hologram theory, the mind as a hologram, passing on to a higer dimension upon death and existing as just the mind in that time and space. You can say, "afterlife" or simply, "reincarnation". The mind could project to a higher dimension and then find itself another meat puppet(human body) to be born into, but of higher intelligence.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #567 on: 05/03/2009 18:11:51 »
ive never heard of that theory b4...

lyner

God real or not
« Reply #568 on: 05/03/2009 23:43:36 »
Basically, can someone, like I do, relate "afterlife" experiences with hologram theory, the mind as a hologram, passing on to a higer dimension upon death and existing as just the mind in that time and space. You can say, "afterlife" or simply, "reincarnation". The mind could project to a higher dimension and then find itself another meat puppet(human body) to be born into, but of higher intelligence.
It may appeal to you but, to me, that's just a bundle of unrelated buzz words.
How can you be sure that these 'afterlife' experiences are anything more than dreams / hallucinations? Why do they have to be given any more fancy explanation?

Offline KingJames

• First timers
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #569 on: 06/03/2009 18:27:02 »
In the Bible, God is quoted to say "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end".  "The beginning and the end", eh?  Could God be time?  Or could he have been hinting at a mystery of science, inconceivable for us at that point in history?

Offline Damo the Optics Monkey

• Spectroradiometry rulz!
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #570 on: 07/03/2009 10:43:02 »
I am a Catholic and Buddhist, as well as being a Scientist... I am not oing to discuss the reasons, intricasies etc of this.

However, one thing I am certain of and it was mentioned very early in this thread - no one is going to be converted toanyone else's line f thinking on the internet.

For example, there is *no way* that I will be convinced by any words to alter mybeliefs in any way whatsoever and there will be no way that I could try and change anyone here (whichI have no interest in doing anyway).

People are simply going to have to accept that people believe differently to they do, no matter how strongly they hold their beliefs.

lyner

God real or not
« Reply #571 on: 07/03/2009 11:12:29 »
In the Bible, God is quoted to say "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end".  "The beginning and the end", eh?  Could God be time?  Or could he have been hinting at a mystery of science, inconceivable for us at that point in history?
In the film 'Judge Dread', Stallone says "I am the Law". Does that have some significance, too?

Offline Damo the Optics Monkey

• Spectroradiometry rulz!
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #572 on: 07/03/2009 11:21:46 »
all hail Judge Dredd!!

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God real or not
« Reply #573 on: 09/03/2009 15:15:55 »
thats just a movie it doenst really have any significance if u think about it

lyner

God real or not
« Reply #574 on: 09/03/2009 15:31:23 »
It is a story, written by someone. Where's the difference between the film and a religious book - which was written by someone?

The Naked Scientists Forum

God real or not
« Reply #574 on: 09/03/2009 15:31:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length