The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How to inspire others  (Read 1427 times)

Offline HermesvV

• First timers
    • View Profile
How to inspire others
« on: 13/11/2010 16:32:55 »
I just made a video on youtube that shows how wonderful and beautiful science and the world can be.
If this video gets a decent amount of hits, I will make more, though with actual content. I want to spread my curiosity to others. Give me your thoughts. Thanks :)
I am beginning to tutor math at my high school, but do you have any ideas of how I can inspire others to take an active interest in science on top of creating videos.
newbielink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-PmLQuu-Rc [nonactive]
« Last Edit: 14/11/2010 05:07:01 by HermesvV »

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
How to inspire others
« Reply #1 on: 15/11/2010 10:40:22 »
Well - it's very pretty; but it's not a video, it's a slideshow, and more importantly science is so much more than pretty pictures.  I really cannot see it appealing to children and "turning them on to science".  Nice production and good photos; but it's not science and I cannot imagine it being a hit with kids.

Offline HermesvV

• First timers
    • View Profile
How to inspire others
« Reply #2 on: 15/11/2010 22:10:55 »
Thanks for the input. I guess I'm not trying to grab just kids' attention, but the public in general. I do regret the music choice. Also, this video wasn't meant to provide scientific knowledge, just to show the interesting and beautiful things that science takes an interest in.

The Naked Scientists Forum

How to inspire others
« Reply #2 on: 15/11/2010 22:10:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length