The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline SiliconJon

• First timers
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« on: 30/11/2010 15:43:14 »
For the warm welcome in deleting my post in search of an understanding!  Great scientific method you have here.

-Jon

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: 30/11/2010 15:55:55 »
Your post wasn't deleted.  It was merged with the original topic.

Offline SiliconJon

• First timers
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: 30/11/2010 16:00:24 »
Ah yes, my bad - just locked.  That totally allows me to pursue my questions.  But I see it is now unlocked, so was it a mistake, or was it my gripe that got it reopened?

Thanks for unlocking it, though.

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: 30/11/2010 16:11:13 »
Ah yes, my bad - just locked.  That totally allows me to pursue my questions.  But I see it is now unlocked, so was it a mistake, or was it my gripe that got it reopened?

Thanks for unlocking it, though.

Human error on my part - Sorry.  In merging I hadn't noticed that original was locked (Sorry to JP for overriding).

In the end, many of these 'Theories' do get locked - as scientific enquiry degenerates.

Offline SiliconJon

• First timers
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: 03/12/2010 16:00:51 »
Do you handle all your science like this?

"This is a science forum. It's not a conspiracy theory forum.

I'm locking this thread."

Good luck discussing science when science is called conspiracy theory simply because your mods can't keep their emotions in check, or whatever their fallacy may be.  That will be sure to encourage your results are emotional, and thus regress the intellectual progress of all involved.

Engineering is a science
Physics is a science

Politics and Fallacy are only a science in the effort to study them in order to remove them, not apply them.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=31152.0

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: 03/12/2010 16:40:09 »
Jon,
The 'New Theories' board is for new scientific theories.
If you truly believe that the people who investigated the collapse have innocently come to an incorrect conclusion due to misreading the mechanical processes involved, then you must make this clear and explain how your background in structural engineering can come to bear; particularly on this *flakey* data in form of video footage.

This is/has-been an obviously emotive subject -on both sides- and if your motivation (that is the only one that would be acceptable in the context of this site) is to point out faults in structural analysis, then you;ve got to ask yourself 'to what end am I bringing this up again'.  Afterall, it can;t be motivated by conspiratorial beliefs or you wouldn't be posting here, eh?

The Naked Scientists Forum

Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: 03/12/2010 16:40:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums