The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Dragons  (Read 24195 times)

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons
« Reply #25 on: 27/05/2006 01:41:05 »
Tanian,

What is your source for the Alsatian IQ of 65? I am very dubious of that.

The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

Offline Vadermort

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28/05/2006 06:55:38 »
The legend symbolism is intersting and simple when taken literally. Any clues on the reality of the dragons? Why was the celtic religion denoted by a dragon?

b.s

another_someone

« Reply #27 on: 28/05/2006 15:15:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by tanian
The reason St George slayed a dragon is because he brought Christianity to the previously pagan British Isles.

Christianity is represented by St George.
Celtic religion is represented by the dragon.

And there was I thinking it was St Augustine who brought Christianity to these isles.

St. George, at least the one we regard as our patron saint, lived in the Middle East, and his legend was brought back to England with the return of the Crusaders from the holy land.

George

Offline Radrook

• View Profile
    • http://varietygalore.com
« Reply #28 on: 05/09/2006 02:28:48 »
I saw the program and missed the intro where it was explained that it was not authentic. So I went through the whole program believing every single word since the presentation went about in a dead serious manner and I couldn't imagine the discovery channel putting on a hoax. LOL

Offline bostjan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08/09/2006 02:27:18 »
Just go to Roswell, New Mexico!  You can see dragons filming a fake moon landing there with Elvis starring as the first moon-walker. ;)

I don't trust statistics. 98% of all statistics are just made up by someone anyway.  ;)

Dragons are real, though. and not just komodo dragons!  There are also bearded dragons, snap dragons, and dragon fruit. [:p]

Offline dinochick

• View Profile
    • http://www.dinochick.com
« Reply #30 on: 08/09/2006 20:06:33 »
Check out the book "The First Fossil Hunters" by Adrian Mayor. It talks about fossils vs. dragon foklore. Great book. She also has a new one out called "Fossil Legends of the First Americans"

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20/10/2006 16:20:00 »
drogons most likely did exisit but during the dinasaur ages. But i highly doubt the breathed fire... other wise there milecullar structer would have to be totaly diffrent than any animal or any living thing for that matter

NEVER! underestimate youth

jolly

Dragons
« Reply #32 on: 25/02/2007 01:22:13 »
ur all barking mad. getting tired of hearing about dragons that might or might not have existed. what you like

everyone knows they do.lol                 

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
Dragons
« Reply #33 on: 28/02/2007 16:28:35 »
tanian, I find somthing in your degree of sarcasm to be offending.  I have never heard of that as a greeting, and there are many honest christians that I know, including myself, who would never even think of doing that to anybody.  A sad thing about history is the bad things tend to be remembered a lot easier than the good things, which, in many cases, outnumber the bad.

jolly

Dragons
« Reply #34 on: 28/02/2007 22:15:35 »
Your both saying the same thing in my opinion but from different sides. One (tanian) is says there are a lot of hypocrites, and the other (sci-guy) yeah but not all. your both right and I think, and believe, realatively the same thing: thou shall not kill, love thy enemy, turn the other cheek. I agree with both of you. So go argue with the hypocrites. Why argue with people you agree with. But I could be wrong and you are free to argue if you want to, its all arbitary. 

Offline science_guy

• View Profile
Dragons
« Reply #35 on: 01/03/2007 15:57:11 »
ur all barking mad. getting tired of hearing about dragons that might or might not have existed. what you like

once said by the geologist professer in reply to a student's "did those continents ever fit together?"

jolly

Dragons
« Reply #36 on: 01/03/2007 21:20:40 »
love you too man.

Offline science_guy

• View Profile
Dragons
« Reply #37 on: 02/03/2007 15:46:11 »
im not sure how to translate that cryptic remark...

jolly

Dragons
« Reply #38 on: 02/03/2007 23:15:09 »
How ever you want to, your going to anyway, regardless of what I say.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Dragons
« Reply #38 on: 02/03/2007 23:15:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums