The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1464042 times)

Offline mc

• View Profile
Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #150 on: 04/09/2007 03:30:57 »
Thanks ozgirl, sounds like your little girl is on her way to recovery.. good luck! Can you give some specifics on how you're applying the oil? Much appreciated, thanks. Also, could you keep posting on her recovery even after they've all cleared?
Anyone knows if it's working on adults as well?

Offline mc

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 04/09/2007 03:47:51 »
And notf how's the lemon myrtle treatment going, have you started using it yet? If you need "talking" to someone this is probably the place, ok? Hope the self esteem is a little better, god bless.

Offline notf

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 04/09/2007 16:50:32 »
Ok, this is what I've been doing, and the results have been good so far.

I have mc in the genital area, every time I would think it would start clearing up, I would have another break, all of the small variety, but evident.  I recently came to the conclusion that I'm going to beat it, and I'm going to beat it now, which to me, entails throwing the kitchen sink at it.  I do admit that I'm a Stress A personality, so thats probably not helping things.  Either way, this is my current process.

First, I trimmed down my pubic hair using scissors.  Don't shave, don't use an elecric razor, just use scissors.  This allows you to see whats going on more precisely and the medicine can get to the skin easier.  I've been using the lemon myrtle oil mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  And I can't stress this enough...DO NOT MAKE TOO STRONG.  Lemon Myrtle is much too caustic to try to do a 50/50 ratio like I tried originally.  I burnt the hell out of my skin, and believe me, you dont want that on your testicles.  I did a 3/1 ratio for a week, applying at night, and in the morning.  This caused a lot of irritation and excema, and it seemed like it wasn't helping (I took 3-4 days off the solution to allow healing).  So then I cut it back to a 5/1 ratio applying only at night.  To counteract the excema and broken skin, I used the lemon myrtle lotion with jarrob honey on sasa.com.  Within a few days, the redness disappeared, the dry skin flaked off, and my skin looks as clear as ever.  There are a few blotchy spots where I burnt my skin, but those are healing too.  Currently, I'm showering twice daily, changing my boxers 2-3 times, each shower I use the lemon myrtle body wash (on sasa.com) in the groin region.  In the morning, I apply the lemon myrtle lotion with jarrob honey (I've also used the regular lemon myrtle lotion which is a better value, but doesn't seem to have the same effect healing open sores as the honey version, but in my opinion may be preventative), and throughout the day, if I'm at home, i'll apply some more lotion to the whole region.  In the evening before bed, I'll shower with the body wash, and then use a 5/1 ratio to my whole groin area minus the testicles, where I just apply lotion (trust me, you do not want to apply the oil to the testicles, I can't stress this enough). 

Orally, I've been taking tagament (cimetadine 200 mg), 3 times daily.  I've been taking a tablespoon of colloidal silver 3 times daily.  And I've been taking 2 ViraStop pills 3 times daily.  And then once daily, in the morning, I put one drop of myrtle oil into a 12 oz can of green tea soda or gatorade or something similar, and then take 1 zinc tablet, 1 lysine tablet, 1 multi vitamin, 2 spirula tablets, 2 flax seed oil gel tabs, 2 aloe vera gel tabs, 2 milk thistle capsules, 2 shark liver oil gel tabs.  I'm trying to drink more water and I've refrained from strenuous exercise as not to sweat as much as possible. 

I have had this for about 10 months now, and for the most part, this has given me the most success.  However, I'm hesitant to be too optimistic because like I said before, it always seems to make a a reappearance.  However, that being said, the healing time was incredible using my current process.  And if you're just starting, you're going to hate the lemony smell after a while, and there is some burning and itching, but hang in there.  The one thing you have to understand is that it will look a whole hell of worse before it gets better...to the point that I was miserable and depressed that it wasn't working.  But after taking a few days off and using the lotion, the healing picked up exponentially and right now I have no new spots.  I'm going to continue this process for as long as I can because I dont want to let it come back. 

Sasa.com is expensive, but after 50 bucks shipping is free.  I just bought another batch of products so I'm well stocked.  Like I said, I'm not out of the woods yet, but I do see a lot of improvement and I thank the original person who brought this to my attention.  Atleast now, I feel that there is hope.   

Offline ozgirl

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 05/09/2007 04:50:06 »
Details on use of lemon myrtle oil - We are using it as originally suggested by Suzi on this forum : "I mixed this 3 parts Olive oil 1 part lemon myrtle   I dabbed this on all her spots". We use it just once a day, at bedtime. The area did become slightly irritated & dry when we began - so I started using lemon myrtle lotion on the area, in the morning. It has since settled down. I definitely agree that it gets worse before starting to get better. I probably would have stopped using it, if I hadn't read that several times on this forum. We're still going, so I'll keep you posted on how she goes. In Australia, these products are very cheap & easily bought from the local health food store - so I've not had to worry about shipping, etc - which made the product more appealing. 

Offline darnmollusc

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 05/09/2007 08:40:41 »
I think i just figured out that much of my outbreak is not molluscum but an allergic reaction(contact dermatitis) to all these different chemicals I've been putting on my arm and neck.  I've cut out everything but silvercure's liquid skin/glue to cover broken blisters. The rest of the stuff is crud imho. Now I'm taking some detoxifier, thuja, and echinacea.  I ordered some lemon myrtle but the order was screwed up.  I'm going to look into the sasa stuff.  Do you think I can just use the " lemon myrtle lotion with jarrob" instead of the pure stuff mixed with olive oil? 

thanks!

Offline notf

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 05/09/2007 14:04:51 »
I'm not an expert by any means, this is just my personal experience.  The soaps and the lotions have lemon myrtle essential oil in them, however, I don't know thats its as concentrated.  To me, I think these are more of an afterthought, just another vehicle to get the myrtle oil into your skin.  You can try to substitute, but I think you'll get much faster results with the oil mixture.  Its really not as bad as it sounds, once you rub it on, it absorbs into the skin.
« Last Edit: 05/09/2007 14:25:33 by notf »

Offline mc

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 06/09/2007 23:18:59 »
nice going notf, keep at it and please keep informing us for a few more months, even if you are clear of the problem. Thanks!

Offline mc

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 19/09/2007 17:02:04 »
Ok so i'm starting to freak out, i've stoped the griseofulvin 'cause i'm concerned about the cancerigenous possibility and i'm now on lemon myrtle 10% with the rest olive oil. I had MC all over my body so i put the oil on at night and then shower in the morning and put on some more for the rest of the day. The griseofulvin seemed to kind of stop the outbreaks but i figured i could get off from it now that i'm using the lemon myrtle. I picked a couple that came out isolated, dabed them with pure lemon myrtle and covered them for 2 or three days with micropore tape. Today the area that had tape on it looks awful and some tiny little ones grew right next to the one i picked which now looks really big and red. I can't  resist covering at least the big one with tape, i'm afraid it's going to spread being all big and exposed. What should i do?
notf are you clear? I need lots of advice..

Offline notf

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 21/09/2007 11:36:57 »
I don't even know what griseofulvin is.  And I'm not sure about the tape either, I never used that.  I used about a 3/1 ratio early with lemon myrtle and extra virgin olive oil.  Once they went away, I started applying the 5/1 nightly as precautionary.  I went to the dermatologist recently and a few spots I was concerned about she said was just folliculitis and that she didn't see any molluscum. 

If I were you, I would use the strong ratio of lemon myrtle on the molluscum day/night until they go away.  If nothing else, concentrate on doing that in one area and see how your body responds to it.  I'm not a doctor man, but that worked for me.

Offline bodom23

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 21/09/2007 12:29:59 »
what brand of lemon myrtle did you buy?

Offline notf

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 21/09/2007 22:12:27 »
what brand of lemon myrtle did you buy?

newbielink:http://www.libertynatural.com [nonactive]   - you can order online, or you even can call and order.  They are out of Oregon, and are actually much cheaper than anyplace else. 

I looked around and this place is the cheapest and its in the United States. 

Offline bodom23

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 24/09/2007 15:42:23 »
How did you dilute the lemon myrtle? Did you have a separate container, just added one drop of lemon myrtle then two drops of olive oil, dipped the cotton pad into it? Thank you for the help!

Offline notf

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 25/09/2007 03:18:53 »
How did you dilute the lemon myrtle? Did you have a separate container, just added one drop of lemon myrtle then two drops of olive oil, dipped the cotton pad into it? Thank you for the help!

I just had another little bottle.  I bought a big 8 oz bottle of lemon myrtle and then used a dripper to move it from one bottle to the other.  Its a small probably 1 oz bottle.  I'd fill it up about 1/3 with myrtle and then just full up the rest with the olive oil.  I noticed that when I put the oil mix directly onto a cotton swab it would absorb quickly.  So I started to put some of the colloidal silver water on to the cotton swab first, and then apply the oil blend.  It would also go on smoother.

Offline biker

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 27/09/2007 11:56:12 »
i caught it this summer (i think from swimming/towels) - it was thro this forum and a few others that helped me to shift it quickly, here are my "rules" for dealing with

1) this is a war of attrition against the virus, keep this in mind
2) try and avoid any unnecessary contact with the lesions (that is how they spread)
3) as soon as you see one emerging it needs to be lanced with a sterilised pin or needle and squeeze it hard to extract the puss - this keeps em at bay
4) avoid long baths or anything that keep em moist, (they like water)
5) dry thoroughly after showering with a clean towel, immediately put the towel into laundry to avoid spreading to family members
6) sprinkle amply with cuticura medicated talc at least twice daily and certainly after showering - it has zinc and magnesium in addition to its drying qualities as a talc which combats the virus - also, after you`ve lanced the spots with a pin (point 3 above), rub the cuticura talc vigorously into it
7) avoid alcohol and anything that might interfere with your immunity,  take a vitamin supplement including zinc and magnesium tablets (at least double the recommended daily dose)
8) i went on a thuji30 anti-fungal supplement tablets (5 holland & barratt), went thro 2 containers of these pills - i think it may have helped
9) try not to get too anxious, this takes time and you wont get better til your immunity has kicked out the virus

using the above method i shifted it in about 7 weeks (i had two major attacks of the lesions and then they died down a bit, gradually fizzling out)

hope this helps
« Last Edit: 27/09/2007 15:00:36 by biker »

Offline mc

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 01/10/2007 01:40:32 »
thanks notf. it's kinda going away but i have to constantly use the lemon myrtle and the days i miss one little detail about changing bed sheetes every two days or clean towels every day it comes back imediately the next day.. it's a pain, i'm not sure my imune system is doing it's thing yet. or at least not at full strength

Offline bodom23

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 01/10/2007 02:22:03 »
I just started taking thuja 30x pills and also an antioxidant multivitamin as well as echinacea pills.  I have been applying zymaderm to the lesions for a couple months now with limited sucess, new ones popping up...  Havent been drinking alcohol, and I dont smoke so I do not worry about that.  Been 5 months with these things and some have appeared on my neck out of no where.  Im hoping boosting the immune system will work.  I have also thought of fasting/detox since it is believed if you let your digestive system rest it lets your body use that energy for the immune system.

Offline darnmollusc

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 11/10/2007 07:39:32 »
I've been wondering if I really do have molluscom.  I've always read that the bumps have puss in them, however, I've pooped quite a few over the months and have yet to see any puss.  Only clear fluid like from a blister.  Also, I don't remember seeing the characteristic indent in the bump centers.. can it be that this could be something else, is this also common with molluscom?
thanks!

Offline bodom23

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 12/10/2007 01:05:20 »
I have some bumps like the ones you have mentioned.  I believe they are still molluscum

Offline darnmollusc

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 25/10/2007 11:47:16 »
I saw my dermatologist and he changed his diagnosis.  He said the behavior of the lesions didn't match those of molluscom.  He said it could be excema.  He gave me this cream to put on and it has been working wonders!  My gosh I spent some much time and money of the assumption it was mollusc with nothing working. I was about to take a darn torch to the skin... argh!  But it feels so good now that I see the light!

Offline idonotknow321

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 08/11/2007 04:06:39 »
Well I have some questions. I was just told I have this in a STD form. I have never had this in my life. I wanted to know can a person who does not take showers everyday or wears dirty clothes from the ground be a carrier of this virus? He also has a bad mouth problem, his teeth are falling out and looks like he has an infection. He is just not a clean person and since I was checked before I met him and I have not been with anyone but him, I think I got it from him. If I am trying to let it run the course and then go out of my system, would he just reinfect everyone or me even if I have no sex?

Offline idonotknow321

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 22/11/2007 06:02:25 »
Well myself I was told I had this but no one not even my boyfriend of two years has it. I saw it about a yr ago and it has not got worse. I can't pick them off since they do not come off. It is like a mole but lighter. I do not know what to do. I really think the doctor is wrong. I have always been checked and clean so why out of the blue would this happen. Then I wanted to know if there are no bumps in the back of me can I have anal or is oral allowed. I am losing my boyfriend and this is part of it.

Please anyone let me know.

Offline biker

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 23/11/2007 15:16:05 »
I was just told I have this in a STD form. I wanted to know can a person who does not take showers everyday or wears dirty clothes from the ground be a carrier of this virus? He also has a bad mouth problem, his teeth are falling out and looks like he has an infection. He is just not a clean person and since I was checked before I met him and I have not been with anyone but him, I think I got it from him. If I am trying to let it run the course and then go out of my system, would he just reinfect everyone or me even if I have no sex?

seems to me that any physical contact with the type of person you describe should be avoided until they clean their act up - for what it`s worth i understand that you can get reinfected though i dont understand how they can diagnose that you have an "std" variety of molluscum - reading through your later post it doesnt sound like typical molluscum appearance  - have you attended a GUM clinic for expert opinion?

Offline idonotknow321

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 23/11/2007 17:40:42 »
No I have not. I just went to the OB/GYN. I am going to get a second opinion but as for the relationship that is done. I was told that I am obsessing on it and it is not needed.... So I will get the second  look at and deal with this. It is just upsetting since it is on me and I have no idea how. Thanks for the post.

Offline biker

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 26/11/2007 14:16:29 »
regarding the molluscum you may find as i did that (regardless of how you caught it) you`ll get better service from the gum clinic, they seem to know what they are doing and can also burn or etch the lesions off there and then - with any luck that may be the last you`ll see of them apart from some minor temporary scarring

and good luck, finishing your relationship -  these things take a lot of sticking to but it will get better with time; just try and stick to your descision

Offline mandy_bill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 13/01/2008 14:41:32 »
My son has molluscum contagiosum and we are using an antiviral treatment that really works from a trusted, local, natural health store.  It's an oil applied 2x's per day and after 2 treatments, they were shrinking!  No prescription or burning or freezing.  Please write liberty1@fuse.net for the product info.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #174 on: 13/01/2008 14:41:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length