The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1465418 times)

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #200 on: 29/05/2008 02:34:22 »
BEST NATURAL CURE FOR MOLLUSCUM IN CHILDREN - Source Naturals NK-3 antivirals 2caps 3x/day. CRITICAL... DRINK ORGANIC UNFILTERED UNPATURIZED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF THE MOLLUSCUM FAST SO IT DOESN'T SPREAD.  Drinking apple cider vinegar 1-2T+ 3x per day. ACV cleanses the liver. It has been used for centuries to kill genital warts. It will dry them up. Rinse your teeth with water after drinking. For kids: Mix it in apple juice & drink through a straw.  The herpes virus is very similar to Molluscum.  YOU MUST ELIMINATE foods with a higher arginine to low lysine ratio, especially if you are nut sensitive. Stop eating peanut butter, seeds, chocolate, corn, watermelon, and orange juice, etc.  Arginine suppress's lysine's defensive ability to fight viral infections. DON'T EAT SUGAR, JUNK FOOD OR FAST FOOD or they will get red & puffy!   
Go to: www. herpes-coldsores.com/diet_and_nutrition_with_herpes.htm for a full list of high lycine/low arginine foods. Keep your system filled with antivirals (except citrus which is highest in arginine). Boost your immunity by alternating Pau'Darco Tea cleanses the blood of toxins and is very inexpensive at any health food store. Other antivirals if NK-3 is not available: New Chapter Blockade with viral bloc (concentrated elderberry extract)and drink aloe vera juice. She also took a high short term dosage of Vitamen A.  My daughter was highly allergic to the adhesive in bandaids, tape that sticks to itself and not skin works well. So does paper tape so you can adjust the bandaid size for larger clusters. I coat them with tea tree oil 2x / day. They will disappear faster if you take out the white core. Coat them with colloidal silver and iodine immediately. Molluscum and eczema are prone to people with dry skin.  Keep your skin moisturized. Molluscum enters the skin through dry cracks.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: 19/07/2008 21:30:24 by pes77 »

Offline allyjack

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 07/06/2008 00:37:18 »
Hi
My son had these badly at Christmas and he was involved in a local panto and it looked awful. Anyway i decided I had to do something about it and we sent away for a homeopathic thing. That worked a bit but then I read about the simplest thing.
Elastoplast spray on plaster (On shelf in supermarket ) you know the stuff to seal scrapes etc. Anyway - all gone within 2 weeks and just a simple spray every day. Try it - I know it sounds mad but it worked
Alison

Offline rebeca

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 09/06/2008 13:20:53 »
hi there; thanks a lot biker for your advice; i have now tried the tea tree oil on my 2 yr old; at first was ok, but one day she started to scream as hell; it was burning her so bad that i had stopped using that. Does anyone know what i can mix it with? I think I read here in the forum - olive oil? The essential oil itself is too strong. At least for her skin. Did any of you have the same really burning sensation when using tea tree oil-pure?

And now she has sooo many under her arm!! I'm desperate! And she doesn't let me squeeze them anymore! It hurts her and she wouldn't let me touch her. How can i go around this?

What is the longest period they last if not squeezed? Does anyone have any idea?

thanks a lot.

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 09/06/2008 19:52:11 »
Rebecca... See my post above 5/29/08. Take Source Naturals NK-3 antivirals 2 caps 3x/day.  Olive Oil, castor oil or super L-lycine ointment work best to dilute the essential oils especially oregano oil. We have had this nightmare for 6 months but they can last 5years if the body's chemistry creates an acidic environment to support them. I had great success having my 9yr old daughter drink 1T apple cider vinegar 3x / day before each meal. Mix it in apple juice & drink through a straw. It rids the body of the virus that provokes the molluscum. It dries them up in days without having to stick them with a needle. Eating higher lysine ratio foods to arginine foods is critical. Boost your immune system. Do not take baths. It makes them spread. If you stick them with a stelized needle and make them fester it stimulates your immune system to attack them. I take 2 Qtips soaked in coilloidal silver and iodine and pull off the white cores. IMMEDIATELY coat in coilloidal silver & iodine. I bribe my daughter with rewards if she will get through the treatments. Distraction is key. Let her watch her favorite DVD or TV show while you are treating her.  I know its hell. Hang in there! M
« Last Edit: 06/07/2008 08:32:46 by pes77 »

Offline rebeca

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 10/06/2008 21:23:44 »
thanks a lot pes77; I'll try some of the things you said and I'll be back in some time to let you guys know how we evolve with this nightmare; I've just squeezed some of them (finally she's let me do it); fingers crossed

Offline FreeMeSoon

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 13/06/2008 06:45:45 »
hello...i can't take having MC any longer.  I've had it since Jan.  in my private area.  Things seemed all good...been going to the Derm...having them Nitro Offed.  Had only two at my last derm appt.  Now...tonight on my tummy little tiny red spots...all over...going around my sides...seems my back as well.  Very itchy!  Esp...after a shower...and get a bit steamy or like this afternoon being outside in the heat.  Last night I don't recall having this many.  Can anyone tell me if those are the start of MC in another area?  What does it look like when they first appear?  Please someone help me...this is driving me nuts...and I have OCD...so its a horrible combo...:(  FMS

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 13/06/2008 17:48:34 »
Free Me Soon,  Take Source Naturals - NK-3 super antivirals 2caps 3x/day. Read my post of 5/29/08 for full quick cure. My daughter has had them since January also. Hundreds spread all over her body. Her naturopath told me to have her drink 1-2T+ organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar 3x + /day. It has dried them up 50% in 5 days! It kills the virus so it can't replicate. Your immunity diet is critical. Must read diet details in 5/29/08 post. No arginine foods. No sugar.  I also topically paint them 2x/day with colloidal silver. You can buy in at the health food store. It also comes in a spray. At night I use the lycine mixture. Her pox do not itch... you might have dermatis, eczemza or heat rash. I would not take the chance because the molluscum loves humidity and the surrounding tissue usually contracts eczema. Molluscum and eczema are prone to people with dry skin.  Keep your skin moisturized. Molluscum enters the skin through dry cracks. Too be safe, treat them as molluscum immediately. 5 days ago, my daughter had hundreds of pinhead molluscum starting to grow... in 5 days they are gone from drinking the apple cider vinegar. I swear buy it!  When molluscum 1st spreads they are shiny in the sunlight. They have a tiny white dimpled center. It is critical to apply antiviral liquid topically. Lycine, tea tree oil, oregano oil or colloidal silver. I truely believe the apple cider vinegar has worked the fastest. My daughter has OCD and panic disorder. Use visualization to calm down. NO STRESS! It lowers your immunity. Much luck! Pes77

« Last Edit: 06/07/2008 08:34:42 by pes77 »

Offline FreeMeSoon

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 13/06/2008 21:10:36 »
ty Pes77!  I snooped over 5/29...very helpful information.  I have just generic store ACV...should that work as well too?  I will try that...and see how this goes.  Best wishes for your daughter :)!  FMS

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 14/06/2008 03:00:01 »
FreeMeSoon... The organic unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar has more amino acids and is healthier. Try your brand tonight and see if yours works. I could see results in one day.  Here is the link for using Apple Cider Vinegar to cure genital warts. newbielink:http://www.homeremediesforgenitalwarts.info/?TheSafestHomeRemediesforGenitalWarts&p=1 [nonactive] I finally see an end to this nightmare. M

Offline anonymousguy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 03/07/2008 08:51:55 »
ok everyone, i finished reading this entire topic of replies and such. i learned quite a bit from it all and i also wanted to spread my information so far on this MC crap to everyone that has it and just cant find enough information. it will be a long post but i recommend reading my experience. it might help in some way... i know my MC isn't anywhere near is bad and some of these posts on this topic, so keep that in mind.

i agree to a few people who mentioned that the doctors take this lightly and say it will just go away, or the fact that there just isn't enough information on this virus on the web. that why i will share my experience and hope it will help someone out there.

First off,
 im 23,today, knowing what it is and what i have, looking back to the first time i remember having these symptoms is definitely +1 year ago. i want to even say two years about. the first one i had was around my private, actually it was on the top to inner part of my leg close to my private. so i assume i got it from having sex with my GF at the time.

at first it was just one. i thought at the time is was just a pimple and forgot about it. i remember periodically touching it to see if it was still there. it would last i want to say about 2 weeks to a month, then i would notice as i touched it. would just crust away. i thought, oh well its gone. then a short time later another would appear, a week. a month. around there. and the same thing would happen.

i cant remember exactly if they would keep reappearing throughout this whole time till now, or there was a long intermission. at the time i just thought they were pimples so i didn't take much mental notes of these encounters.

so it could be possible that i got rid of it, then got MC again? or it stayed with me the whole time. dunno

but up until about 6-9 months ago. these two MC warts were on the inside of my leg near my sack. that did NOT go away till i froze them off at the dermo. recently. but these two stayed there for a LONG time. not spreading. not... doing anything i guess. again i thought they were weird pimples(I'm stupid) so i tried popping it to see what would happen. the white solid was squeezed out and now it looked deflated, but still there doing nothing.

up until a month ago, i was like S**T, out of no where it spread. little ones all over in about a 3 inch diameter circle about on my inner leg. they looked like little bumps. total of about 12. this is when i started freaking out. so i finally got the balls to go to the dermatologist and find out whats going on. found out it was MC and Froze them all off.*this is just 5 days ago*

what i did about removing them.

ok enough with the past story. currently the freezing with liq nitrogen turned my skin where it was applied all red. it looked really nasty at the 2 day mark but is now down to just red spots with craters.

***using process of elimination from explained below, I'm guessing this is where the virus once was. gone now****

up until yesterday i noticed after a warm 20min shower that some of the red spots still had white on them where the bump was. and because of the freezing, the white was out on the surface, I'm guessing that hasn't died yet. me freaking out and disgusted could not leave this alone.

so what i did* taking note all the posts i read on this topic* look one hand and pinched up a thick part of skin having the white MC virus showing and easier access, i pretty much plucked the sucker out. * immediately after it was pulled out it bleed quite a bit.*
**means you pulled it out right or all of it***
 i immediately had cotton ball and betadine on it for clean up and sterilize.

what grossed/freaked me out even more is what i saw i pulled out. it looked like a little hard sack. or a hard solid. seeing this i was like S**T, I'm getting the rest that still have white in them.

some of them i had to squeeze the skin around it to push this hard solid to the surface more to be able to pinch it with two fingers or nails and rip it out.

the next day i showered again and the white virus solids were gone. now i just have skin craters that are now healing, pain free*2nd day from plucking out* first day it was irritated.

i believe this just ripped them out, i believe they would have died from the dead skin from liquid nitrogen, but i couldn't do nothing. i was panicking. 

i even did it to one that the doctor missed. after the shower when my skin was soft and moist. i was able to push up the bump a bit with squeezing the skin around it*NOT THE BUMP ITSELF* then after a few tries ripped that nasty thing out. was harder because the liq nitrogen made the other ones exposed. this one was protected with the skin but i just with two nails got it out.

doing this the next day you can easily see there just a crater of fresh skin and puss where something once was. *NO WHITE BUMP OR STUFF*  i know it was successful because comparing to the ones that i didnt pluck but was froze only there was a same crater in the middle of the red skin with no white just puss like a normal wound.

this was 3 days ago. I've been everyday applying betadine to clean throughout the day. and just letting the craters and the froze skin from liq nitro. to heal. i will stay with this form to give you guys updates on things.

but everything that has happened to now. grossed me the H*LL out. made me feel dirty, I'm not promiscuous so that made me quite mad also. and i panicked like no other because i started talking to this girl 2 months ago. and she is such an awesome girl. i don't want this to come between the progress we've been making. I'm going to tell her soon* which seems harder then anything else to do because of the outcome* before this progresses further. hopefully she will be understanding.

so anyone out there. i don't have it TO BAD, but i definitely understand what your feeling, and the difficulty. my main concern now is. when i can say. OK its out of my system.... thats the only answer i haven't found yet...

any questions i check this at least a few times or once a week. so i will be around.

« Last Edit: 03/07/2008 09:00:15 by anonymousguy »

Offline anonymousguy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 03/07/2008 08:57:28 »
reading all these posts. i've decided to check out
this lemon myrtle lotion and oil. im also going to get a lysine supp. and buy on organic apple cyder vineger.

this seems the best choices from reading all these posts to try. if anyone else can add anything or help. i will read.

thanks all!!!

Offline anonymousguy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 03/07/2008 23:14:25 »
also pes77 i have a question. im confused. i just bought bragg- raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar -with the mother- you said ACV is high in potassium but the label has that as 0mg... just wondering.

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 06/07/2008 08:23:47 »
Anonomousguy -
Since last post have found ****Source Naturals - NK-3 immunity booster newbielink:http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:pHJMCBCnXp0J:www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-NK-3-Immune-500-mg-60-Capsules+source+naturals+NK-3&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us [nonactive]  2 500mg capsules 3x/day. The NK-3 are super antivirals. Working way better than the lysine supplement that I tried last post. Taking it in combination with drinking 1T vinegar, they are drying up the MC internally. Amazing results in one week. They are killing the core roots making them much easier to remove with just a couple of Q-tips soaked in Colloidal silver & iodine. Vinegar cleanses the liver and aids immunity. newbielink:http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:gqjGcijiPGMJ:www.curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp%3Fi%3D973740+vinegar+high+in+potassium&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us [nonactive]. The low arginine diet is critical too. We now coat the MC 2x per day with tea tree oil. This treatment combination is finally getting rid of them. I have not tried the lemon myrtle oil. Please let me know if it works. Our dermotoligist said your cells have to learn to recognize the MC is a virus, then it will code all cells to fight it. Since it is a surface virus and not in the blood that is why it takes so long to cure. The NK-3 antiviral is the fastest healer I have found so far.

My experience with all 5 stages of MC:

1.  Isolated tiny pimple - NK-3, Tea tree oil & drinking vinegar will get rid of them.

2.  Bubble stage  - Must be irritated with needle or blistering agent to make them fester. Otherwise they will last months. Since my last post I saw 2 different dermotologists and had 1/2 the MC coated with a blistering agent.  Our derm will not use freezing agent on children because it is too painful. Warning: If you have your derm use the blistering agent make sure they only use a tiny amount on the center core of the MC or your surrounding skin will blister too. I coat the blisters 2x/day with tea tree oil and they are healing. The vinegar will detoxify your skin and aid healing.

3.  Mature visable white core stage - (Remaining 1/2 MC). If you don't take use NK-3, the MC will only go away if you squeeze and remove the white core root with tweezers. Warning: HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS! Be extremely careful and coat with sterilizing agent as you work: colloidal silver, iodine or betadine. Watch out not to spread the tiny viral seeds! Best done after softening the MC in a hot shower. I don't recommend baths. It made ours spread everywhere! If you take a bath use 2c epsom salts.

4.  Healing stage  - Tea tree oil helps prevent infection & scaring.

5.  Established clusters (Hardest to cure - especially those in genital area). NK-3 & vinegar working wonders. Spreading has stopped and they are shrinking. This weeks experiment will be to test if NK-3 will dry them up. I will post next week if my daughter is completely healed. To date 7/4/08 (Month 6), so far I swear by the NK-3 results.

Much luck and hope for our lives back,
Pes77

« Last Edit: 11/07/2008 02:45:14 by pes77 »

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 11/07/2008 02:57:29 »
The Source Naturals NK-3 antiviral capsules worked amazingly in 14 days (in combination with the treatment suggestions in my last 3 posts) and after 3 weeks we are finally free after 6months of hell of all 100+ MC sores on my daughter. The MC bumps are decored, flat and healing. Their roots have died. We coated the decored bumps with tea tree oil 2x a day until all the cores died.  Once the cores are no longer visible, stop using the tea tree oil and let the remaining mark heal. Drinking apple cider vinegar dries up the marks very quickly with no scarring and makes the smooth.

Advice to all newbies:  If I had it to do over again I would of went to the dermatologist immediately and had a tiny amount of the blistering agent applied to each one. Totally painless & easy.  Then at home and apply tea tree oil religiously 2x a day and take the NK-3 antivirals and low arginine diet. If I had done this 1st they would not of spread so bad while I was trying to save money and treat them myself. I would of been rid of them in a few weeks instead of 6 months. Since I never heard of MC before, I assumed it is a pimple or rash. By the time I found out what it was, it is too late and has spread over my daughter's entire trunk & groin area.

Good luck to all!
Pes77
« Last Edit: 19/07/2008 17:57:11 by pes77 »

Offline Monrtayl

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 19/07/2008 23:04:47 »
Hi there i have this molluscum on my  right foot and i only have 2 in entire body that are those in the foot. I guess i have this about 9 months but i thought this was nothing special so i didnt really care but a few weeks ago i went to doctor and told him about this. Before he told me what was this i never knew about this thing.

well i have 2 questions about this:

1- This is only transmitted if other person touch it or other infected objects or it can be transmitted only by touching my skin cause im scared if this is like this?

2- if i use towels or things like that that dont touch the molluscum can other ppl use them?

Know im looking for laser treatment cause my doctor told me about it is it good? Otherwise i see many ppl here used products that can be bought unfortunatly the country where i live i never saw that names in a farmacy or something i guess i will talk about them to my doctor. Atm im using bandages over them so dont contact with anything.
« Last Edit: 19/07/2008 23:09:42 by Monrtayl »

Offline serebnoch

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 10/08/2008 16:45:07 »
hi everyone,i want to share my experience with molluscum,I discovered 4 molluscums in my genital area at the beginning of June went to STD clinic where they were burnt by liq nitrogen- which damaged the skin and made them to spread all other my bum, genitals and legs,my GPin the UK said usual - do not do anything , a private doctor told that he can cut them all under general anaesthetic,but I did not want to do that.Over the next few weeks I was trying to find anything to cure the molluscum,I tried everything: silver cure- make the molluscum to go red and painful, tea tree oil, oregano oil, ACV, homeopaphy - but nothing seem made a big diffrence,molluscum was spreeding. I spent around 3k pounds on treatments as  I was really unhappy, desperate to do anything.Then I went to Russia where I come from and  dermatologist suggested to use kalii permanganas( dark red crystals), which traditionally used in Russia to bath babies as 0.1 or 0.5 solution.She told that they will go in 3 days if I dot molluscum with dark water solution  of kalii permanganas (2 -5 percent) up to 5 times a day.I swear it worked.The beauty of kalii permanganas is that can be used to treat large areas of skin as the prevention of molluscum, and for dotting molluscum with a cotton stick as a stronger water solution.It dries skin a little and can sting for a few seconds if I used it as stronger solution.I wish I knew about it earlier, it was such a relief to find something which really worked.Also I would recommend to take medication to support immune system  staff like echinacea is not strong enough (i would recommend pamavir, licopid,anaferon, imunofan).Hope it will help someone and sorry for my English.p.s try not to bath and use shower as little as possble just for a week or 2 while using kalii

Offline helper88

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 23/08/2008 08:16:11 »
Hello everyone,

If you're reading this you or someone you know has come into contact with this annoying little bugger of a virus. Dermatologists don't seem to know what to do about it (and don't seem to care too much), and the sheer amount of info on the Web has probably got you confused beyond belief. I know I have been. I've had molluscum now for 14 months. What I hoped would be a short-lived annoyance has turned into a life-altering event with seemingly no conclusion. I decided to write this because I used this forum and others along the way to help me, and now that I have finally found something that works for me, I would like to share it with you in the hopes that it will help.

I am NOT associated with any product (as you will see.) I am just a normal person who contracted molluscum in the genital region and has tried over a dozen different remedies to no avail, until finding somthing that helped. I have studied every possible website I could find, doing in-depth research and even concocting a few of my own strategies for fighting this based on things that have been used to treat similar viruses (since nothing that was supposed to help molluscum actually did). Here is what I have tried, starting about 3 months into this nightmare:

- liquid nitrogen by dermatologist (this was the first step - worked on some, but more kept coming)

- SilverCure (tried religiously for two months - DOESN'T WORK.)

- tretinoin/Retin-A (I found this on amazon, even though you're supposed to need a prescription, and I had none. I used it on my genital region and it severely irritated the skin - which eventually got better. But no help with the molluscum anyway. So that was a no.)

- homeopathic remedies including Thuja and Calcarea Carbonicum (didn't work)

- Reishi mushrooms - also called ganoderma or lingzhi (An Asian cure-all. Supposedly the #1 eastern herbal medicine. Tried religiously for three months, no help. And very expensive)

- Betadine (no help)

- Rubbing Alcohol (no help)

- poking and slicing the molluscum off myself with a needle (just made them angry and they didn't go away - poured Betadine and alcohol in open molluscum wounds and no help).

- never reusing a washcloth or towel that might have come into contact with the molluscum (still do this, and it's probably a very good idea)

- lysine tablets combined with low-arginine diet (I started this because molluscum is very similar to the herpes virus, and many have claimed that this was an effective herpes cure. Basically, this is when I started treating my molluscum like herpes, to see if that would work - this didn't)

- BHT tablets (Don't know what this is? It's a food preservative found in processed meats. And some people believe it suppresses and actually cures herpes. So I tried it, even though there are good data which say it is cancer-causing. As you can see, I was and still am quite desperate to get rid of this disease. Anyway, as far as I could tell, this did nothing after several months.)

- coconut oil - sometimes topical, sometimes oral, sometimes with BHT mixed in (didn't do anything)

- monolaurin tablets/Lauricidin (this is a chemical which is present in coconut oil that is found in mother's milk and is supposedly highly anti-viral. I am still taking this but quite frankly, I have no proof that it has helped anything.)

- Laser surgery (Yes, I actually went to a laser center and had a 585 nm pulse-dye laser treatment. It cost $1000 for one treatment. See? Desperate. What happened? It cleared many of them, but not all. The small ones were cleared after the skin healed from the treatment. The older, larger ones were not. THEN, more eventually grew back.)

- detox diet consisting of low fat, low corn syrup, low sugar, no nuts or chocolate (lysine/arginie ratio as mentioned above) no wheat, no corn, no oats, no hydrogenated fats - basically lots of rice, vegetables, and slow-cooked meats - to avoid oxidation (I recently stopped this diet, but it did teach me to eat healthier, so now I eat some of the other stuff, but in moderation. However, no direct help with molluscum.)

- Back for more laser surgery, because I was desperate (same thing - got rid of the smaller ones, but not the mature ones)

And then, finally... I read about APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, and I decided to give it a try. Here's the deal - if applied correctly, IT WILL WORK. It's cheap and you can buy whatever brand you want, so long as it is natural/unfiltered. I have now been applying it for a few weeks, taking days off between to let my skin heal - the ACV is highly acidic and will slightly burn your skin, but IT WILL KILL THE MOLLUSCUM. Here's how I've found success:

1. Buy some Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, some of the small square Band-Aids, and some gauze pads. That's all you'll need.

2. Cut off a tiny piece of a gauze pad, but make sure the piece you cut off is from the edge of the gauze so that the multiple layers that make up the gauze will stay together. Try to cut off a square piece a little smaller than the white pad in the center of your Band-Aid.

3. Dip the tiny piece of gauze into some apple cider vinegar.

4. Place the now-moist piece of gauze into the center of the Band-Aid, on the white pad.

5. Attach the Band-Aid to your skin directly over a molluscum lesion, or a small cluster of them. PRESS FIRMLY and wipe away any excess vinegar that escapes the Band-Aid.

6. Leave the Band-Aid on for 16-24 hours. Remove the Band-Aid and wash off the area.

If it has worked, you will notice that the molluscum under the bandage has changed color - it may have become black, dark red, or in some cases puffy and white. If it's black or deep red, you can be pretty sure you've killed it. However, if it's puffy and white, you probably have also killed it, or started the process of killing it. Give it a few days (3-4 days) and see if it starts to change. If it doesn't change, you'll need to reapply the vinegar using the same process. If it HAS changed, it will soon die entirely and flake away off your skin. And you've killed that molluscum! This basically performs a similar job as liquid nitrogen, but a) you don't have to see a doctor, b) for some reason, they seem to return more when liquid nitrogen is used - according to many reports and c) it's cheaper. Cheaper and more effective - I so wish I would have discovered this earlier.

You WILL notice that the skin AROUND the molluscum that you've killed will be red and irritated. Apple Cider Vinegar is highly acidic (malic acid) and it will damage you skin, similar to what a severe sunburn might do. Give it time and it should heal. Some of my red areas have already dissipated after a couple of weeks. While I can't guarantee any damaged skin will entirely heal completely without any remaining discoloration - the same is true for liquid nitrogen applied by the dermatologist, or laser surgery, or doing nothing and having long-lasting mollsucum eventually scar your skin. In order to kill these things, you have to be harsh. If you do it as I've laid out above, you'll hopefully see that the mollscum themselves take the brunt of the damage (they turn black or deep red, while the surrounding skin turns pink or light red).

I really hope this helps. I know I wish I had tried this before the long list of things above. This disease is a nightmare and I just want to to share this info so others may not have to suffer as long as I did. While I can't be sure more won't grow back once I get rid of all existing ones, I now know that I have a tool to kill them if they do pop up again.

Good luck everybody.

Offline Jermaine_D

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 25/08/2008 12:33:40 »
thanks for that!

Offline gm77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 31/08/2008 18:07:52 »
So I happened on this discussion of molluscum contagiosum treatment, and I'm amazed at what people have gone through in attempts to rid their bodies of this virus.  If you have MC, PLEASE TRY TREATMENT WITH TAGAMET / CIMETIDINE!!!

I had molluscum contagiosum for 7 years before I sought treatment.  I was about 14 years old when I first noticed a little hollowed-out bump on the outside of my left ankle.  Didn't think much of it, until two years later when it had spread up my calf.  I thought it was a reaction to shaving my legs, since I have sensitive skin, and because I was a teenager, I was too embarassed to talk about it with my mother or a doctor.  FYI, I'd had no sexual contact when I contracted MC at 14 -- I think I caught it by everyday skin contact, either hanging out with friends or while playing sports.

Fast forward to when I was 21 years old, and I noticed over the years that some of the little bumps had increased in size, including the original bump on my outer ankle.  I was playing around with a hand-held magnifying glass, and was horrified to find at least one hundred similar bumps -- all of them pearly in appearance, with a hollow center -- creeping up the outside of my left leg.  I even noticed a few on my right leg, which I think were spread by shaving.  I freaked out, thinking it could be some kind of skin cancer.  I was in college at the time, and went directly to the student health office.  The doctor examined me, and diagnosed me with molluscum contagiosum.  She was shocked that I'd had the bumps for 7 years, and immediately prescribed Elidel cream and Tagamet (cimetidine).  I took the Elidel for just a couple days, but my skin was too sensitive and I stopped using it after 4 or 5 days. 

I continued to take Tagamet for about two months, and absolutely every single molluscum bump disappeared in that period.   I had no side effects whatsoever, and was overjoyed that the ugly, embarassing bumps were gone.  Unfortunately I can't remember the exact dosage, but I think it was the typical dosage schedule for treating heartburn.  That was 11 years ago, and there's been no recurrence.  If you have MC and there's no medical reason you can't take Tagamet, please talk to your doctor about trying it. If there are no side effects for you, it's certainly better to try an oral medication first before any of the painful physical removal methods(cutting, freezing, popping) or untested & possibly dangerous remedies (colloidal silver, herbal creams, holistic treatment pills). 

PARENTS -- PLEASE DON'T LET A DOCTOR OR DERMATOLOGIST CUT INTO YOUR CHILD'S SKIN BEFORE TRYING TAGAMET FOR MOLLUSCUM, especially if there are dozens of bumps.  Even if Tagamet doesn't work for your child, at least you'll have tried a painless and relatively safe treatment first.  Good luck to everyone, and I hope Tagamet works for all of you as it did for me.

Offline wolfekeeper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 02/09/2008 20:10:47 »
From what I've been able to determine, Tagamet didn't resolve Molluscum contagiosum in multiple double-blind placebo controlled studies; so it looks like you just got lucky (it just went away by itself anyway!) 2 months is the normal time that takes sometimes.

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 11/10/2008 17:48:05 »
Hi!  Two of my 4 children have come down with this horrible Molluscum!!! Their Dr acts like it is nothing. It started with my oldest who is 12. About a year ago he began getting small spots , we had no idea what they were and I told him not to worry about it. They started spreading and getting larger and we took him to the Dr who told us Molluscum. My second son also had ONE spot on his side. We were told NOTHING about this condition only it is common and will go away. I only found out ONLINE that we are not suppose to share towels, wash hands after touching them etc... the Dr didn't say a word about that!  ::) We have tried many things, but nothing so far has worked. My oldest sons finally did get HUGE (he has eczema) and they are gone now except for these huge holes they left behind but they are SLOWLY healing. My middle son had his to spread all over his chest and back. From this forum I have read to try the organiz apple cider vinegar (purchased some today) and the silver spray. We just tried this and will see how he is in a week!  Meanwhile I am praying over my youngest two children. Another boy aged 6 has some red spots on his side, and I am PRAYING they are NOT MOLLUSCUM!  My youngest is a little girl who also has eczema and I haven't seen anything on her yet!  PRAY NOT! we want these OUT of our HOME! They ahve been a nightmare!!!! Thank you so much for all the info on this forum!  Blessings, pam<><     

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 11/10/2008 17:49:01 »
Also, pes77, thank you for all your information!  From your posts is where I got the idea to try the ACV and silver spray!  Pam<><

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile

Offline rebeca

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 18/10/2008 08:37:41 »
hello; I've written before here, but more to ask for advice; my 3yr old daughter had MC and it just wouldn't go away with anything. I've tried all the natural things found on this forum, but with no luck unfortunately. We got to the point when she had more than 100 all over the body. And they were spreading so fast.

This summer we've been to Italy in holiday and wanted to see a dermatologist there as well. He told us that these MC need to be removed as soon as you have them if you don't want to spread (which we all sort of know by now anyway). He tried to remove some from my daughter's armpit, but because she had sooo many, we did not go ahead with the procedure, as it was too distressful for her. Instead he gave us another solution, which I can now say it worked for us perfectly. We have now got rid of the MC.

He gave us CONDYLINE, for external use only. You will have to be very careful as this medicine is quite strong, and can burn the healthy skin around the MC. You will have to control it yourself. If after few times you have applied it you see the skin around the MC is too red, then you stop putting Condyline for a day or two. And so on.... After few times i've put Condyline, the white core would be burnt and a little crust would take its place for a day or two. And then with showers/water they would go away. You will have for some time a sort of redness/pigmentation of the skin, but that has gone away.

I can not tell you how desperate I was as nothing worked for us, but now we've got our life back.

Good luck to all of you. I hope it works for you as it did for us. It is a chemical process and not natural at all, but to tell you the truth who cares, as long as you get results.

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 18/10/2008 13:17:53 »
Hi!  Where do you purchase Condyline?  My middle son has them now. My oldest started it and his really got HUGE (quarter size or so) but when they got that big the cores started popping out on their own (I didn't know then to get them out would kill it!!) but they finally all just died and he had SEVERAL!  Now my middle son has them all on his chest, stomach, and back. His are not as big (actually some are VERY tiny) and we are trying the apple cider vinegar on cotton balls with a band-aid which kills the bigger ones but have found does touch the smaller ones.  He also takes 2 T ACV 3 times a day (bless his heart...such a trooper!!!) They are not going away!!!!!  And yesterday I found three going up his side and one under his arm. This is getting ridiculous! I am thinking of calling a derm and seeing about the blistering agent? Just don't know what to do :(   ??? ??? ??? Pam<><

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #224 on: 18/10/2008 13:17:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length