The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1466447 times)

mc123

Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #225 on: 18/10/2008 17:40:11 »
i have had MC for about 5 months now and its super annoying.
so i had my first nitro session done about two weeks ago and it seemed to have worked on the ones he actually hit with the spray.

but the ones he missed or didnt spray directly were still around, so i started to read this form and i noticed "crayloa" had mentioned he popped a few and they disappeared. so i tried it, i popped about 10 or 11 of them and stuff like white heads came out and it bled alot, but with minimal pain, its now day three since i popped them and they are just scabs. im hoping this works, it appears to have.

i check it everyday and pop them if i see a couple more coming up and then put rubbing alcohol on them to dry them out (which my doctor suggested i do after he nitro'ed them)
and so far looks good, i will keep you updated on if they are still around after the scabs come off or if they arent!

hope this helps anyone who wants to try popping them!

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 18/10/2008 17:42:15 »
I did note after the white cores came out of my oldest sons, they died. He still has scars from them, but they are SLOWLY fading. He also has a "crater" where the white core was...sort of like a long hole in this skin.... :(

Offline rebeca

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 19/10/2008 11:59:03 »
hi crowsnest6; we've purchased Condyline from the Farmacy in Italy, but you can find it in Boots, at their prescription desk; They might not have it in stock, so they will have to order it. But you have to insist for them to look for it in their system, as most of the chemists were useless and did not know about the existence of this Condyline. Just spell it for them ... You will not need a doctor's prescription to get it;

we have tried the ACV as well, but it was very difficult to get my daughter to drink that regularly; we've also tried all the other immune booster medicines mentioned here; it did not work for us unfortunately;

be careful with the quantity you put on them though; as i was saying, it can burn the skin (it shows more like a redness really, and if you stop using it for couple of days, it goes away, and you can continue)

Offline seekingsomeadvice

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 20/10/2008 19:55:35 »
hey
i live in england
i have this MC thing on my penis near the top of it, i've had it over a year and don't know what to do, i looked at this cider thing and stuff but don't know where to get it from, i dont really want to tell my parents as it kind of freaks me out is there anything i can use around the house or i could buy myself. what would be the most effective way to get rid of it? there is only one of them. im 16 by the way. help please :)
« Last Edit: 20/10/2008 20:10:09 by seekingsomeadvice »

Offline Donny

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 09/11/2008 23:23:22 »

Whats up  this MC stuff sucks ! Has anyone had success getting completely rid of it !    iv done a little bit of everything!   The popping  getting the core out then tea tree oil seemed to work good ! and appeared to be working!   but i see new ones coming up ..... this is very frustrating and stressful  ? Does anyone have some good success storys to pump up my moral !!!    I  tend to surf alot and wonder if that helps them to spread being in my wetsuite .   Mc  is a total buzz kill.. its depressing me ....

Not sure what to do !!!   but be possitive it will go away very soon !    blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline 99pairsof shoes

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 20/11/2008 20:10:47 »
GOOD NEWS!!!!   :)

Hi guys, I found out that I had MC around my groin a few weeks ago after I asked my doctor to look at some 'bumps' that I had noticed had been there for a few weeks.

My doctor told me they'd eventually disappear on their own, but I was determined to get rid of them without waiting for months!!

So here's what I did, and I am happy to say that they're more or less gone, with just a couple left which look on their way too. It's taken a bit of patience, but everything I used was from my local chemist and was cheap.

-Took a vitamin supplement to help boost my immune system, one high in Vit C, Zinc etc.
-I also took a Thuja supplement (Nelson's 30c)
-When showering I washed with a tea tree based soap
-After showing I dried the area covered in MCs with disposable paper towels instead of using my towel.
-Before going to bed, I wiped the MCs with Tea Tree oil
-Each morning instead of using the tea tree oil, I rubbed in 99% pure Aloe Vera gel.
- After a few days, the MCs started to dry out, I removed as much of this as I could each day without it being too painful.

After 10 days of doing the above, I have seen a great improvement, I expect that within a week or so, they'll be completely gone.

I hope others find this useful.
« Last Edit: 20/11/2008 20:12:21 by 99pairsof shoes »

Offline anonguy21

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 08/12/2008 01:59:38 »
Iíve had MC for 3 months, Iíve tried a lot but after reading this whole thread last week I decided to go with the apple cider vinegar method.

I noticed that not one person on this thread has said that apple cider vinegar or the lemon myrtle methods have NOT worked for them.  I feel like these two methods are very similar because they are both acidic treatments that seem to be burning the top layer of skin

So I choose the vinegar because it was more easily obtainable at my local walmart. I saw them myrtle on ebay for 6 dollars tho also. So because I had it all over my groin area I basically made a huge guze pack with just a whole to pee through and left it on for 20 hours.

I set time aside to do this because I knew I was going to smell horriable.  I just watched movies and played video games for the time I was doing the treatment.  When I first took it off the spots were all inflamed and white/yellow and I thought that it had not worked.  The next day I woke up and all the inflamed spots had turned to scabs.  IT WORKED.  All the spots are dead, even spots that I could barely see just starting were made inflamed and killed.

I just thought I should tell everyone this because this thread helped me so much and I wanted to give back to it.  SPECIAL THANK YOU to the guy that had the laser surgery and tried all that crazy stuff and gave us directions on this method.

It may be too early to say its completely gone. But w/e comes back I know how to kill it now.

WARNINGS

-This is not a painless task, the vinegar is going to sting, but just think of all the emotional pain that uíve endured and get through the burning sensation. Men make sure you keep it off your sac because some dripped on there and wow let me tell you didnít feel great.

-This is going to stink, you cannot be around people.  I mean unless you are just using a small dose for a small case.  Also three days later my groin still smells bad, this is probably because I havenít been scrubbing the region just in case there are still live MC

GOOD LUCK
DEATH TO MC

Offline Dew118

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 31/12/2008 03:14:51 »
I have had this for three months now. I have been extra clean. Washing not only my hands but using antimicrobial soap everywhere. So my dealings with this have to basically taking care of myself. Only now have I gotten completely fed up. Picking the wart and removing the sac like core- which is painful- but honestly no more worse than a doc spreading acid all over the spots to get rid of them.
I'm taking a ton of ecinacea and vitamin c and have now gotten the apple cider vinegar and a immune system booster from one of the local stores here. I have not tried any silver ointments- because a lot of people have really mixed results.
This is my first serious jaunt into self treatment. I'm trying to keep my hopes up. I'll keep everyone posted on this. Hope that some of you guys are feeling a little better. I'm hopeful.
Have a nice one. K

Offline Hopingthishelps

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 04/01/2009 23:38:44 »
Hey all, I have found this forum and thread to be a great help for understanding Molluscum. I've had it for over a year now, and it hasn't progressed anywhere past my right arm. I've had a total of about 12. Like most, I thought it was just a pimple when I first got the virus, and popped it, which probably led it to spread. I had the first three frozen off, which left little scarring, and seemed to work well. I decided to give the others a few months to see if they would die off, and three of them seemed to exfoliate themselves, scab over, and disappear, but not without leaving another small scar. It seems to me that Tea Tree Oil is the most effective, so I purchased a bottle tonight to see if I can speed things up a bit. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. These are a few things I'm taking, to help boost my immune system as well:

Fish Oil (has been shown to increase your immune system)
Echinaecia (just starting tonight)
Protein w/ Glutamine (glutamine is shown to increase your immune system)
Multi Vitamin
Tea Tree Oil (I'm going to rub it on at least 3 times a day)
Iodine (after the Tea Tree Oil)

Wish me luck! And good luck to you all on ridding yourselves of this horrible virus!

Offline researchdp

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 06/01/2009 16:02:24 »
There is a simple, safe way to get rid of Molluscum Contagiosum.  Silver.  Check out molluscum.com.  I've used it and it works!

Offline Pomalley

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 08/01/2009 18:12:44 »
We found the silver cure products worked great for our kids.  2 had it and we tried everything, i mean EVERYTHING..the freezing, the burning, even aldara.  it kept spreading and then the third child got it.  I got the silver cure and within about 3 weeks it was almost gone from all three, but noticed in the mean time that the other 2 children were getting the very small bumps in a couple of places.  I started using it immediately on them and theirs went away in less than two weeks, about the time it was totally gone from the other three.  Thank god I didn't have to have them go through what the others went through at the doctor's office.  I looked up the information again and it is silvercure from molluscum . com

Offline redom

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 12/01/2009 15:56:31 »
Hi,

I have over the last 19 years been able to successfully treat and eliminate warts with a plant extract that I learned about from my uncle who was a Botanist in Colombia, South America.  The most recent case that was cured was Molluscum Contagiosum.  It is a highly contagious form of warts and my daughter became infected a few years ago.  She is now 8 and wart/molluscum free.

The treatment is Thuja.  The brand name is BOIRON and it can be found in healthy or organic food markets such as Whole Foods.  I have experience with freezing, scraping, burning with acid to treat warts and none of it is necessary.  These pills look like little sprinkles on a donut.  The are white and taste like sugar but they contain a drop of the tree extract named Thuja.  Twice a day at 5 pellets each time until the wart disappears is the treatment.  It has successfully cured Plantars Warts (huge warts on the soles of your feet), regular warts, and molluscum.  I will never go back to a dermatologist to have an acid treatment put on a wart just to have it come back twice as bad.

If you have any questions, I can go into more detail.  I just told my best friend about it.  His daughter has a plantar wart on the ball of her foot.  I know this works and it is very inexpensive.

Offline WILLYJ

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 20/01/2009 06:10:59 »
Hi people,

I have some very small skin colored bumps on my penis, right at the tip of the foreskin where i previously managed to get thrush from my girlfriend very angry (this seems to have weakened the skin here even now i still see some scarring from it).
I tried to cut the first one off thinking it was just a bit of extra tissue from the scarring of the thrush but then a cluster appeared at that spot and a few more popped up where i used the scissors after that first 1.
I went and saw a doctor who prescribed CONDYLINE. I bought the stuff and apply a bit for 3 out of 7 days (protecting the skin around it with Vaseline petroleum jelly as im sure you can understand its a very sensitive area).
All of the bumps disappeared after the first 3 days of use but reappeared (and by that i mean they shrunk to nothing then regrew in EXACTLY the previous spots).
They are not appearing again after treatment as quickly as they did that first time, but still keep coming back.

I've begun to wonder (as all good hypochondriacs should) whether my doctor was wrong and i have something worse like genital warts!?!?

Any advice about this? i.e. is this normal? should i keep going or go see my doctor again? etc

Thanks for any and all help.
Will

Offline seastar

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 26/01/2009 14:28:18 »
Hi to all

Please make sure that you have Molluscum by looking at pics on the net! It really have a distinct spot in the middle (especially when bigger and yellow) where the wax core is - also the part that is infectious!  I have had good success by using Tee Tree oil for 2 weeks by just dabbing it with an earbud onto each spot and then applying Apple Cider Vinegar on cottonwool (soaking the cotton wool).  I wrapped this around the infected area and left for anything from 18-22 hours.  It burns like hell, but for the sake of being normal, I did it! I then had most of the spots all nice and yellow and very visible! Then I took a sterile needle and just nibbed the middle of the spot where the "wax" is. But please it is very important to keep the area around each spot clean by using surgical spirits, as this is how it spreads! Then I squeezed out the waxy core, by holding my 2 thumb nails together and squeezed from the bottom upwards, as if you are pulling it all out, until it bled.
I am not a doctor, but this worked miracles for me!  Then I disinfected the area again, by applying iodine (2%) on each spot.  Then I applied Betadine ointment onto each spot and covered it.
The apple cider vinegar, really burnt, but nothing too serious, although the whole area was very red for at least 2 weeks after, and the top layer of skin peeled (like sunburn).  I use clean towels every time I shower, change my bedding and clothes all the time! This is very important, also use a disinfectant in your water like Savlon. I use Tee tree soap and skin wash too. Do not squeeze spots that do not look ready yet, rather apply a Apple cider vinegar soaked, cottonwool onto the individual spots, leave it for 22hours, if it then look "ripe" you can go ahead.

Now I am just keeping an eye on the area. All my spots are gone, not even a mark! I had 2 spots gone a little septic, but kept on cleaning it and put Betadine on as well as plasters.  Also the skin gets dry from the Apple Cider vinegar and you must apply some cream or oil between the plasters to feed the skin.

I am happy to say that this worked wonders.  Apple Cider Vinegar surely help for so many ailments.
Molluscum must be watched and disinfected after every action, this is the only way. Do not re-use any object before disinfecting it or changing your equipment.

Keep it up.

« Last Edit: 26/01/2009 14:47:47 by seastar »

Offline sealegs

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 02/02/2009 22:05:41 »
Hello all.  I went to the doctor a few moths ago and found out I had molluscum.  Now I've gone through a whole bottle of tea tree oil and it has done nothing. I have been taking lots of vitamins, drinking lots of tea, taking echineacha.  I bought a bottle of apple cider vinegar and just started consuming it a few days ago.  I had thought I saw someone on here recommending that, but now have seen that people are topically using the Ap0ple cider vinegar directly on the molluscum.   Does taking the vinegar internally do anything for the molluscum? 

Offline pes77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 04/02/2009 19:02:24 »
My heart goes out to you Sealegs,

These are the 2 keys steps we used to get rid of molluscum fast. It took us 8months and 1 month for the spots to fade. I think I could have gotten rid of it right away if I had known what it was before it spread so fast. Secondly, I would have removed the cores IMMEDIATELY if I had it to do over again. You must find out what works for your own individual body chemisty. What worked for us might not fit you. I tried & combined everything on the posts. This worked the fastest for us.

INTERNALLY:   You cannot get rid of the molluscum by taking vitamins only.  You must fill your body with anti-virals & skin vitamens to boost your immunity to inhibit the 1st parent pox from spreading during treatment. It will also prevent future scarring and promote healing. Apple cider vinegar is extremely healthy for your body and filters the liver and blood of toxins. Since molluscum is a surface virus, you will only get rid of it when your body recognizes it as a virus.  Eat foods high in lycine to arginine ratio. Molluscum is similar to herpes.  Go to the following linkÖ
newbielink:http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/diet_and_nutrition_with_herpes.htm#LysineArginine [nonactive].

EXTERNALLY:   You must remove the poxís center core in order to get rid of the pox. The easiest way is to have a dermatologist put the tiniest amount of blistering agent ON THE CENTER ONLY to expose the pox core. Do not let an inexperienced assistant sloppily paint the entire pox. It will make your skin blister and scar. This is an extremely common virus swimmers and wrestlers get so a qualified dermatologist is very familiar with the virus.

If you canít get to a dermatologist, you can irritate the pox & make them fester by poking them with a sterile needle.
USE EXTREME STERILE CAUTION SQEEZING OUT THE CORES:  WEAR GLOVES.  YOU MUST TREAT EACH POX INDIVIDUALLY AND EXTREMELY CAREFULLY. THE CENTER POX IS FILLED WITH CONTAGIOUS VIRUS. DO NOT LET THE FUILD TOUCH ANY SURROUNDING SKIN OR IT WILL SPREAD. 

First make a sterilizing solution:  I used 1 dropper each of colloidal silver, iodine, tea tree oil. I also tried oregano oil but it smelled really intense & burned so I stopped. You cannot wear oregano oil to work.  Use whatever you have access to, even if it is just iodine and tea tree oil.  I went through boxes of Q-Tips. I took 2 at a time and swabbed the area with solution. Then I gently squeezed out the cores with the QTips. Using new Q-Tips each time dipped in solution for each core seed I removed.  I found using a magnifying glass headset very helpful to see the white core seeds. Each pox takes 2-3 days to remove the core. First day, irritate the core with a sterile needle. It will take one or two days till they look like a pimple ready to pop. Each pox has 3-5 tiny white like viral seeds inside.  Only squeeze out what is ready to come out. Then on night 3 usually the last seed will come out and then that pox will heal.  Eventually your body recognizes that this is a virus and they will start to disappear.  This is a grueling process not to infect the surrounding skin. I worked on my 10 year old daughter for Ĺ hour a night. Try and find a loved one or trusted friend to help you.

Physically:   Do not take baths. They will recommend it but ours spread like crazy after bathing. Be careful toweling off, pat do not rub your skin. Change your clothes and bedding often.

Stay mentally positive:  Use positive mental imaging.  Focus and tell yourself your skin is clear.  Stressing over the pox lowers your immunity and aggravates the pox to spread.  Use calming destressors. The isolation can be lonely. Keep busy.

Healing:  Vitamen E oil will help the marks disappear.  My daughters body was covered in pox. Hope for you is today my daughter shows only one fading mark from the blistering agent but no scars.

Peace and health,
M

Offline ang

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 24/02/2009 23:37:01 »
Hi Pes77-
I'm in the midst of trying several remedies. I went to purchase the NK-3, but it says not for use with children. I have a 3yo with hundreds of small white mollescum. Did you use the NK-3 on young children?

Thanks for everyone's postings.

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 24/02/2009 23:51:09 »
We have this in our family. It started with my oldest son (now almost 13) his were HUGE but now they are gone. I didn't understand the virus at the time, was NOT told by the Dr's to NOT share towels etc...so my second son got it too. They spread on him all over his chest, sides and back. Some got on his feet (not many) and other areas but mostly concentrated on his mid section. My oldest son's are GONE now however, there are deep scars where the center cores were SO BIG. He has "pits" in his skin where they are still trying to heal and they have been gone a few months now. My middle son is HEALING. we took him to the Derm. and they used alternating retin A and aldara. His are all but gone, some red spots left but they will soon be gone :) NOW, my youngest son and youngest daughter have them :(  My daughter is only 3 ( a new 3) and it is hard to keep her from scratching so I have to keep tights and long sleeved shirts on her that snap at the bottom. That way she can not get to them ~ She is using the Retin A and Aldara but they are not responding as quickly as it did on my middle son. My youngest son has just a few. I took off two on his arm yesterday, using the apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and holding it down with a bandaid. They turned the spots white/black and then I used a sterile needle to get the centers out. He cried a LOT but they are gone on his arm :) then used betadine after taking the cores out. We pray so hard for this to leave our home!  I have never heard of this before and we have 4 children! We are SICK of them, they are mentally taxing and my hands are dry and cracked where I have to wash them so often. I pray my youngest two do NOT get them on their faces. Best to all of you!  Hope for fast healing for us all!

Offline nopaintreatment.com

• First timers
  • WE CAN BEAT Eczema & Molluscum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 19/04/2009 04:41:05 »
Here is our story.  I am a father of three children who all had molluscum.  Not sure where they got it but you can get it by touching an item that was used by someone with MCV and get the virus. 

We went to the pediatrician who said it would go away on its own.  It did not.  We then went to the dermatologist who was more than happy to perform painful cryosurgery to freeze the lesions off.  We did this for over eight months. 

We had fairly good results on the older children but our youngest  (age 3 at the time) had a severe case with lesions on his arms, legs and then face.  With the cryotherapy (multiple freezing treatments) came scars on all the children.  These treatments were so painful on our little boy that we had to hold him down with major tears and screaming.  It was traumatic on all of us but especially him.  He is now emotionally affected and has serious fear of white coats and I do not blame him.

The physician assistant at the dermatologist recommended Zymaderm.  He said some patients have had success with this product so we tried it.  It said to not treat any area except the lesion and we did that but our son also has eczema and dry skin.  After further research, if your child has eczema, do NOT use Zymaderm.  It will exacerbate the molluscum and it will spread and become worse.  So we continued the cryotherapy that would eliminate the treated lesion but didn't keep the virus from spreading.

When our son got three lesions on his face, my wife had become desperate. While searching the Internet, she found the Silvercure products.  She was concerned with the cost but I told her to forget about it, the price was nothing if it worked, we had already spent at that time over $1000 of $45/visit co-pays for the three children to the dermatologist.

Our son was CURED in THREE weeks.  My other two children had additional lesions appear after we thought it was gone with the cryotherapy.  Since Silvercure is not able to predict your childís response to this treatment, they offer a money back guarantee for six months.  We did not have to take them up on it!

The company also offers a body cream and we have been continuing to use this to treat the eczema on our now 4 year old boy.  It has worked and his skin has never look better!
You may purchase this product at newbielink:http://www.spammy [nonactive] link removed.com  with all purchases, you can get 10% off by using coupon KIRK10 . 

This product does work on most cases and it is FDA approved due to all of the contents of the treatment products existing on the FDAís GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) list.
« Last Edit: 03/04/2010 15:40:24 by BenV »

Offline silvergillies27

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 22/04/2009 03:16:49 »
 :)

I found this site 2 weeks ago.  I am a mom of a 6 year old little girl.  For almost 2 months she has had a cluster of bumps on her inner elbow.  It started as 1 big bump, bump it burst and was replaced by 30 some odd small ones.  After trying to treat at home, and using everything from bendryl cream to hydrocortisone cream, i took her to the local health department (no insurance bites!!).  The lady told me it was molluscum and then scared me and my little girl to death.  She told us it would never go away, and she couldn't get into pools, or share towels or anything, for the rest of her life.  This had me a nervous wreck.  I went home and cried my eyes out, then decided she was stupid, and started researching the topic.  Needless to say, I was relieved to find it isn't anywhere near as serious as she portrayed.  It only lives on the top layer of skin, and once the bumps are gone, the virus is gone, it doesn't live with you forever.  It does take awhile to get rid of,  Then I found a page about using apple cider vinegar and benzoyl peroxide.  I though, this was cheap and sounded easy, so I'll try this for a week, if it doesn't work, then I'll take her to another dr.   Well I took 2 cotton balls and dropped them in a cup of apple cider vinegar, squeezed the excess out and placed them on her arm, then cover it with an adhesive gauze pad (area was a little to big for regular bandaids)  left it on all night, then in the morning, took it off cleaned with washcloth, and applied benzoyl peroxide cream and cleean pad (cream was the cheap stuff, paid $1 a tube at dollar store, think its called stop zits?)  anyway i did this for 3 days, and also added 1 cup of white vinegar to her bath water every night.  By the third day her arm LOOKED awful, the bumps were still there but the entire area was lobster red, and swollen, and wrinkled looking, she complained of burning, and a few of the bumps had turned a dark brown color.  This scared me worse, I thought for sure I had permantly scarred her, and not even cured the problem, so, i put some aloe lotion (after sun stuff) on it a little thick and covered with pad (hoping it would soften and help heal the burn.  The next day it still looked bad, so i cleaned and lotioned it again.  Then  today to my shock and disbelief, when I took the pad off after school, the bumps are gone!!! The skin that was red with bumps, if flaking off, and the new skin is showing through, the bumps are completely gone, and all that remains is a small patch of dead skin, that will probably fall off in the bath.  So  for anyone who has this or has a child with this>>>  DOn't waste your time and money, with presriptions, son't order fancy stuff online!!  GO to the dollar store spend less than $10 and buy (bottle of white vinegar, bottle of apple cider vinegar, tube of benzoyl peroxide zit cream, cotton balls, and some adhesive pads/band aids (depending on size of area)   and use those, it'll clear up all the bumps within a few days,  I didn't leave it on 18 or 24 hours straight, just overnight and did the cream during the day, it was so simple,  I hope this works for all of you, best wishes!!!! 

Offline RadGuy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 22/04/2009 21:16:02 »
I'm male and in my mid-twenties and have molluscum contagiosum on my penis-shaft and a little on my under-belly (below my belly button).

I was diagnosed w/ molluscum contagiosum last monday and the dermatologist started scraping them off with a curette immediately. He mentioned that there may be more (i.e., considering their incubation period) and scheduled a follow-up in two weeks (next monday). Lo and behold a case broke out two days ago monday and I started researching alternative approaches. I read this entire thread and have started alternative approaches; in addition w/ the help of this thread, I have overcome my feeling of helplessness and am taking an active approach to solving this.

I liked what pes and anonymous guy (1 and 2) had to say and started the apple cider vinegar approach immediately. Specifically, I manufactured a soft-cast made of gauze saturated w/ acv and wrapped it around my penis w/ tender tape. Painful at first but bearable. And as anonymous guy pointed out, watch your scrotum; your scrotum does not like acv. I started it yesterday afternoon and left it on for 4-5 hours. The mc lesions (even those I haven't seen before) immediately flared up (the white tip was accentuated) but returned to its normal state (if not a bit irritated) after some time. I applied a similar soft-cast last night while sleeping and today during the day. I plan to leave the soft-cast on until tomorrow morning and take it from there. If the white tips are present, I'll try to surgically remove them myself. This is where I'm at currently and will keep you updated w/ my results.

In addition, I ordered silvercure and lemon myrtle online and should have those products shortly.

This forum has been very helpful psychologically and hopefully my case of molluscum contagiosum will be defeated shortly.
« Last Edit: 23/04/2009 19:57:35 by RadGuy »

Offline cc1520

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 30/04/2009 22:46:32 »
I have started using the lemon myrtle treatment on my daughter. I think it is working (the main bump scabbed up and started bleeding so I covered it up with a bandaid). Is this normal? It doesn't look like it is going away though...its just very red. Is this the normal method for healing?
It irritates her skin quite a bit and I am using 10 parts olive oil and 1 part lemon myrtle. Its been 2 weeks...should I just keep going? Any advice?

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 30/04/2009 23:05:46 »
Hi! I never used the lemon myrtle~ I do know that when they started going away on their own with my oldest son, they would get red. That is a sign the immune system is kicking in. The lemon myrtle may be irritating them. Do you see a white core? Having dealt with this skin virus well over a year on 4 children, I will tell you the best treatment for my kids. My oldest son actually had it first. His immune system kicked in and knocked the virus out. At tje time, I didn't know what this virus even was, and their Dr did NOT tell me it was contagious! She just smiled and said "Oh, it will go away in about a year!" ... well, after that, my middle son had one on his side and then it spread into more than 50 on his chest, sides, back etc... IF I had known then what I know now, I would have put apple cider vinegar on it with a cotton ball, held down with a bandaid overnight. Then gotten the core out in the morning. My youngest son had just a few and EVERY ONE of them was killed with the vinegar! My youngest (a girl with eczema and delicate skin) has done best with the freezing. She is 3 years old and we used the numbing cream (lidocaine) ~ LOTS  OF PRAYERS too! Have them also on lots of immune boosters, multi vitamins, probiotics, cod liver oil, and also black elderberry extract (sambucol)~ HTH!   

Offline cc1520

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 01/05/2009 00:22:58 »
Thanks for the advice...I think I will try the vinegar tonight....she has about 25 of them...so I can do different methods and see what works....I will keep trying the lemon myrtle on some and the vinegar on others....

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 01/05/2009 00:37:31 »
Hi!  Just be careful, the vinegar can burn their skin. But it does kill them!  They will turn white or black, and if you put gloves on, you can squeeze out the core, then I put betadine on them, and a bandaid. Found two on my youngest son (whom we thought was in the clear) on his bottom this last weekend. Killed them overnight with vinegar, and with the gloves the next am, got out that center. Still took him to the derm and they used nitrogen but they are gone :) just be careful as vinegar can burn!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #249 on: 01/05/2009 00:37:31 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums