The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1466410 times)

Offline aileenpeer

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #250 on: 23/05/2009 10:30:30 »
I found this discussion re molluscum contagiosum because so many parents are coming to us to purchase our certified organic lemon myrtle essential oil for the condition and getting good results. You may find it useful to read the wikipedia article newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum_contagiosum [nonactive] and this article "Essential oil of Australian lemon myrtle (Backhousia citriodora) in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum in children"  newbielink:http://digg.com/u13unh [nonactive] . We supply the only Certified Organic Australian Lemon Myrtle Essential oil and bodycare products at newbielink:http://www.lemonmyrtleessentials.com [nonactive]  Hope this helps.

Offline titus

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 24/05/2009 01:30:45 »
My son had mollescum when he was 3. And not just a few, about 300. We tried everything. Aldara cream, a chemical (based on beetle ).
He ended up with blisters larger than a dim.
The dermatologist proposed to sedate him and get rid of them in one shot.
We decided to do it ourselves. Pitching them one by one. We did that for more than 2 months, everyday.

If i had to redo it again, i would probably try Apple Cider Vinegar first. We got rid of a foot wart like this in 10 days.
I think Mollescum is in the same family as wart. It's worth trying.

If you kid start having some, don't wait, get rid of them ASAP. It's very contagious.

Hope that helps some of u.

Have a grandson with molluscum, which I am told is a form of pox virus.  Currently, he's being treated with some caustic chemical by the dermatologist.  Is there any alternative treatment?  Any truth to the use of duct tape with warts, and would that help?

Bezoar

Offline lovelife

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 26/05/2009 21:16:10 »
Hi,
I just came across this thread and read all of the posts. Heres my story.

I'm a 20 year old female who found out a few weeks ago I contracted molluscum. I have to say I am not sure how I got it, I first noticed two bumps on my knee, and thought nothing of it. My assumption is that I shaved over the bumps with my razor, and then used it to shave my groin region, and spread the virus. DO NOT SHAVE OVER THEM!!! Right now I have about 10 mainly near where my leg meets the bottom of my butt. I am going be trying the tea tree oil, the ACV, and popping them to see which is best.

After reading about popping, I popped the two on my knee, steralized it with benzoyl peroxide, and put a bandaid with neosporin over them. Its only been a day and they scabbed over and seem to be gone. I think this may be harder though for the ones on my butt, since they are clustered together.

I feel so terrible for the people with worse cases, and am PRAYING that it doesnt happen to me. I will keep posting because this is a very important topic and I want to help, just like everyone who has helped thus far. If anyone who said they were going to update and hasnt, your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Life is beautiful, be happy you are alive. :)

Offline hadenough

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 02/06/2009 03:50:37 »
Hi everyone,

Like all of you, I've been dramatically affected by MC. I'm 22 female and not sexually active. i do not have a clue how I got it, maybe from an old razor or a shared towel, I don't know. I saw my gyno to tell me what it was and he said that I needed to squeeze the white solid out of it. Because they were on around my private area, it was really difficult to do so. He performed cutterage on them. Most of them went away, but 6 months later, I still have a bunch. I went a couple of days to have the others removed.

One of them, looks like there is white still. I covered it in a wart remover bandaid. With summer on the way, I can't go another summer without shaving and going in the water in a bathing suit. This has completely controlled my life with my relationships and my peace of mind.

I was reading about Apple Cidar Vinegar. Do I drink it (diluted with apple juice) AND apply it to the area under a bandaid??

I just want to make clear before I go out and get it tomorrow. I'm also taking vitamins, eating healthier, and using clean new towels everyday to prevent the spreading.

I've had enough!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Offline nopaintreatment.com

• First timers
  • WE CAN BEAT Eczema & Molluscum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 03/06/2009 03:00:14 »
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is suppose to be put directly on the Molluscum Lesion.  I have not heard of this helping Molluscum by taking it internally.

I have read that cimetidine has worked for some as an oral treatment and some have had success with this oral treatment.

This information was gathered from:

newbielink:http://dermatology.cdlib.org/133/case_reports/molluscum/scheinfeld.html [nonactive]

It is also very important to note that "No therapy is universally effective.", a direct quote from the above link. 

Many people like to make statements that their treatment is the best and the treatments they used that were ineffective are a waste of time and money.  It is really important to understand that each treatment depends on the individual using it.  If you are using a treatment for 2-3 weeks and have not had any improvement, I would recommend trying something else.

Try the ACV.  If it is irritating your skin, use something different since if you skin gets any kind of break in the outer layers, it makes it possible for the molluscum to spread.

We used SilverCure Ointment, Body Lotion, Body Wash and the SilverCure Healing Pen.  This is the treatment system that worked for our children. I stress that it was a treatment for children.  We were able to treat the lesions without worry about getting any ointment, liquid, etc. on healthy skin.  SilverCure was painless and did eradicate the molluscum without pain.    

I believe SilverCure was responsible for getting rid of Mollsucum.  How do I know?  One daughter got two molluscum lesions months after being totally cleared.  We used the Silvercure Ointment and Healing Pen and got rid of those two as well.  I think if her immune system took care of the first outbreak she would NOT have gotten molluscum a second time. I have also read a post of someone that used nano silver along with ACV and it worked for them.  SilverCure contains nano silver so that may be the common factor that contributed to their success and ours. 

If your interested in SilverCure, use coupon KIRK10 to save 10%.

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 03/06/2009 10:53:45 »
to hadenough....please try some of the less expensive treatments before buying silercure. it is very expensive!!! And I have heard of it not working for some and they tried to get their "money back guarantee" only to get a letter from the company that they are going bankrupt. All of our 4 kids had this. One, prayer and his immune system kicked it out. Another son lots of prayers and aldara/retin a/immune system kicked it. Third son apple cider vinegar and our last child (girl) we tried all the above....what worked was lots lots of prayers, and freezing them off (numbing the area before we did, she is only 3).  I think the above post was an advertisement.   

Offline hadenough

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 04/06/2009 03:43:04 »
Thank you crowsnest. I hope you get a chance to come back and read this. I posted my last post a couple of days ago and didn't expect to get any feedback, so I'm really relieved. Thank you.

Since then, I went out and bought the Apple Cider Vinegar, like you, I think the other post was just advertising. I don't want to go that route. I just want advice from people actually experiencing this horrible thing. It's just so bothersome and really has dominated my day to day routine.

Anyway, since the ACV, there has been a little bit of burning sensation. I dab them after a shower with ACV then cover them with a bandaid. Because they are in between my legs and around my pubic area, it's worrisome to just let them rub against each other all day, and i don't want them to spread. At night, I undo the baindaids, reapply the ACV then dip a cottonball in it and cover the cottonball with a bandaid. It's impossible to sleep with 10 baindaids attached to the hair now that I can't shave anymore. I know this is not the end of the world, but it's been over a year now and I'm tired and cannot do this anymore, it's pyschologically draining!

My gyno seems to think it's not a big deal, to just let it run its course and don't shave and this and that. He really has no idea. I went through last summer without shaving and everything. My boyfriend and I have not done anything in over 10 months because a) i don't want him to get it and b) i dont want him to see me with a bush which i don't like.  Forget about bathing suits either.  This has taken over a lot of my life and fun. I'm sorry to rant, I have just held this in for so long now and I've had just enough.

I guess I just wait now? I don't want the ACV to cause an infection, did that happen to your kids? Because it is in a tender spot, I worry about getting a yeast infection or rash.

I'm keepiong up with my vitamins and started drinking ACV dilluted in water. It's so nasty but if it's going to help, I'm all for it.

Please let me know what you think!! I appreciate you writing back :)

to hadenough....please try some of the less expensive treatments before buying silercure. it is very expensive!!! And I have heard of it not working for some and they tried to get their "money back guarantee" only to get a letter from the company that they are going bankrupt. All of our 4 kids had this. One, prayer and his immune system kicked it out. Another son lots of prayers and aldara/retin a/immune system kicked it. Third son apple cider vinegar and our last child (girl) we tried all the above....what worked was lots lots of prayers, and freezing them off (numbing the area before we did, she is only 3).  I think the above post was an advertisement.   

Offline hadenough

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 04/06/2009 03:46:22 »
And to mention, I've had the cores cut out by my gyno on two separate occasions. The reason I cannot go get them frozen off is because my insurance won't cover it. I hope the end is near, I'm  huge into prayers. I believe it's the only thing getting me through this, but I have now turned for help. Ugh thanks for listening

Offline hadenough

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 04/06/2009 03:47:03 »
Has the ACV helped you?

Hi,
I just came across this thread and read all of the posts. Heres my story.

I'm a 20 year old female who found out a few weeks ago I contracted molluscum. I have to say I am not sure how I got it, I first noticed two bumps on my knee, and thought nothing of it. My assumption is that I shaved over the bumps with my razor, and then used it to shave my groin region, and spread the virus. DO NOT SHAVE OVER THEM!!! Right now I have about 10 mainly near where my leg meets the bottom of my butt. I am going be trying the tea tree oil, the ACV, and popping them to see which is best.

After reading about popping, I popped the two on my knee, steralized it with benzoyl peroxide, and put a bandaid with neosporin over them. Its only been a day and they scabbed over and seem to be gone. I think this may be harder though for the ones on my butt, since they are clustered together.

I feel so terrible for the people with worse cases, and am PRAYING that it doesnt happen to me. I will keep posting because this is a very important topic and I want to help, just like everyone who has helped thus far. If anyone who said they were going to update and hasnt, your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Life is beautiful, be happy you are alive. :)

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 04/06/2009 08:00:57 »
First off here is some very sound advice, if you have molluscum:

If you are using a treatment, are having success with it, continue with that treatment until your molluscum is cured.  If you are using a treatment and it is NOT working, give it some time, at least 2-3 weeks. If you are not seeing any improvement in 2-3 weeks, try something else, read the forums and educate yourself.

I do come back and read posts on this forum.  Sad to see that many people can't read.  Advice was offered and none of you seem to focus on that, only of my story and the discount I offer for the treatment that worked for my children.  I have had much personal experience with my children's molluscum.  I spent almost a year dealing with it! It was very painful for them to suffer through the freezing treatments so we sought out something that didn't involve pain.  SilverCure worked for them and was painless.  I never said to use what we used, only that it did work and it is a treatment option.

I have also posted that molluscum does not have any universal treatments. I didn't say this, a dermatologist did.  Here is that link again:

newbielink:http://dermatology.cdlib.org/133/case_reports/molluscum/scheinfeld.html [nonactive]

It is from an article by Noah Scheinfeld MD JD in the Dermatology Online Journal 13 (3): 15

I mentioned this link due to someone posting a question about will ACV work taken orally.  I found in this article that cimetidine has worked for some as an oral treatment.

"No therapy is universally effective." is also quoted from that article and that quote means that treatments that work for one person may not work for another.  Just like headache pain relievers.  Advil will work for some and not others.  Aspirin, Tylenol, etc. all have the different results depending on the person.

What informational links have you all provided?  Where they written by a MD or is everything just your opinion?

By all means, use Apple Cider Vinegar.  Try Aldara.  But to say that you used Aldara and then say that SilverCure is too expensive when Aldara is what you used?  Why say that when people familiar with this know that Aldara is not cheap but very expensive.  Oh, but Aldara is FDA Approved right?  Yes, but the results of two studies REQUIRED that Aldara has the following labeling:

"Efficacy in patients 2 Ė 12 years for the treatment of molluscum contagiosum was not demonstrated in two clinical trials in 702 patients"

newbielink:http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/DevelopmentResources/ucm076610.htm [nonactive]

Here is another link in case you do not know how to search a page:

newbielink:http://www.fda.gov/Cder/foi/esum/2007/020723s8020_Imiquimod_ClinPharm_BPCA.pdf [nonactive]

So 702 patients between the ages of 2 - 12 it did not work.  But you read that one person had a problem with SilverCure working and you dismiss that as a treatment?  The idea of this forum is to provide information about all treatment options.  FACTS.  The fact is, I am sure Aldara has some positive results in some children and not others, just like ACV, SilverCure, Zymaderm, Duck Tape, and the headache medicines I mentioned before.  No treatment is universal so there are going to be some that respond to Apple Cider Vinegar and some that do not.  Some that respond to SilverCure and some that do not.

I will continue to state that if you are using a treatment, are having success with it, continue with that treatment until your molluscum is cured. 

Molluscum is a terrible condition, I know.  There are many different kinds of treatments out there.  There is going to be one that should work for you.  The point is do not lose faith, one will work, keep trying different treatments, give them 2-3 weeks and if you are not seeing any improvement, try something else.  Between the treatments, eating healthy, taking vitamins, lowering your stress level, and allowing time for your immune system to kick will all help get the molluscum to clear up.

But also remember, I will continue to state that SilverCure is what cured the molluscum in my children because it did.  Those are the facts believe them or not.  If you post that Aldara worked and in the same post say that SilverCure is a waste of money, then I could just as easily say your post is an advertisement for Aldara. 

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 05/06/2009 00:56:11 »
Hi Hadenough!  Yes, be careful with the vinegar, it can burn! We tried it with our 3 yo daughter who also has eczema, and it burned her skin once. We had to turn to the freezing with numbing. She goes back next week for another visit. I thought they were all gone but think I have found 4 on her right leg :( all the other 3 kids are clear. It DOES go away! I know how aggrevating it can be, believe me! You want to SCREAM, CRY, etc... stress probably doesn't help it either! You can also try tea tree oil. There are several home remedies that you can google for and try. With 4 kids, all 4 took different things! Our daughter didn't respond with the aldara or retin A but the second son did. We think our oldest son got it on a toilet seat as they started out inside his inner thigh. We had no idea what they were! He would complain with them and we just told him they were skin bumps! Never heard of them! Then they started getting really big and red and spreading. Are yours turning red ? That means your immune system is waking up to them. I have heard of people using rubber gloves and during shower time taking a STERILE needle and breaking the skin, squeezing out the white (PLEASE BE CAREFUL, the white core is the contagious part! the seeds!!) and using betadine and alcohol etc...after getting the core out. Wash it down the drain (the core) ~ treat each on individually. That white core you really have to be careful with!  Hope all goes well for you! so sorry you have this, it was very very exhausting for me in our family. Prayers kept me going too!!  Blessings ~~<><~~   

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 05/06/2009 00:58:40 »
Oh, almost forgot, there are things you can take to boost your immune system. Here are some things we tried, Sambucol, Animal Parade kids Immune booster, Animal Parade Multivitamins. There has to be others, my brain is tired now!!  Blessings to you!!

Offline NicoleS

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 06/06/2009 19:44:40 »
My daughter had molloscum contagiosum for 5 months.  The sites I went to and the doctors I saw said to just leave it alone and it would go away in a matter of months or maybe years.  I did leave it alone but I didn't seem to be changing and I was anxious for it to go away and not spread.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that may or may not work and eventually found a website that said to just cover it with medical tape.  I covered the molloscum and changed the tape every two days or so.  After three weeks when I went to change the tape it looked like a pimple that was ready to pop.  I got some tissue and squeezed out the core.  I put zinc oxide on the skin where it was for a few days and now it is almost completely gone.  Cheap and easy!

Offline NC Parent

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 06/06/2009 19:52:37 »
My four year old daughter had one "bump" on her leg last summer and I didn't think anything about it, nor did I know what it was.  In January of this year, everything changed and by the middle of February she was covered with over 100 bumps.  As of today (June 6) she has one bump left on the back of one knee and it's on its way out.  I've waited to post anything here until I knew what the results would be.

We tried almost everything, including many suggestions that I found on this site, and after several months took our daughter to one the pediatric dermatologists at Duke.  I also talked with my own dermatologist.  The derms both said that their arsenal of treatment options pretty much involves burning, cutting, freezing, or irritating with chemicals (beetle juice, aldara cream, etc.), none of which were appealing to us.  The following is a brief summary of what we tried, in the order we tried, and the results:

Zymaderm - seemed to keep the bumps from getting bigger, but after using it for 3 weeks, the skin surrounding the bumps was terribly irritated, so we stopped it.  The zymaderm did not make any of the bumps go away.

Apple Cider Vinegar - this really irritated the surrounding skin, but didn't really affect the 2 bumps we treated with it so we didn't try this for long.

Lemon Myrtle Oil - we diluted this 1:10 with olive oil but did not have any real results with it.

Silvercure ointment and lotion - I ordered the ointment when the zymaderm had irritated my daughter's skin so much.  The ointment did not make the bumps go away, but it really helped the surrounding skin and seemed to stop the bumps from spreading.

Salicylic acid wart remover (we used duofilm) - Both my dermatologist and the pediatric dermatologist said to try applying this to the bumps no more than 2 to 3 times a week, and NEVER apply to the face.  THIS WORKED.  Typically, after two applications of the stuff, the bump would crust over and the white part would stick out enough so that we could grab it.  The wound would bleed and then heal nicely.  I still apply the silvercure ointment around the areas where the bumps are still healing, as it seems to keep infections away.

Cimetidine - Our daughter is in the second month of a 3 month prescription of this.  Note that the Duke pediatric dermatologist recommends a 3 month course.  She indicated that it might work or it might not work.  It seems to have worked for us.

I think that the cimetidine, combined with the salicylic acid and the silvercure ointment was the combination that worked for us.  

One important thing to note - if you pick or squeeze the bump off before it has matured (before the white part is exposed), it is more likely to scar.  

I hope that our experience helps someone else.  I am thankful for the information I received from this forum since the beginning of the year.

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 08/06/2009 02:30:41 »
I just would like to make two points based on this post by NC Parent with GREAT EMPHASIS! 

FIRST, if you have one bump or just a few, please get it taken care of ASAP regardless of the type of treatment you wish to use.  With one bump or a few, my recommendation would be to see a dermatologist and get the lesion(s) removed. 

If this poster and us would have done this, we would have saved our other two children from this terrible condition and we both would have saved our children from having over 100 bumps or lesions.

Many doctors will say it will go away on its own.  This is true for MANY children but do you want to risk getting 100 or more bumps 6, 7, or 8 months down the road with your child? Do you want to risk spreading Molluscum to your other children (if you have other children) or their friends and classmates?

Trust me, it is not worth it.  Not worth your stress or money. Get it taken care of!  People are looking for cheap solutions, well if you get medical advice from an Medical Doctor, and have the insurance we have, it was $45 co-pay per child per visit WITH OUR INSURANCE when we saw the dermatologist!  We also saw the pediatrician first for a referral for each child at a cost of $30 co-pay per child.  Just with the first visits, we are well into hundreds of dollars!  If you are waiting to find a cheap solution, you are playing with fire.  Read the forums and get some kind of treatment started for your child.

SECOND, I wish I would have been as smart as this poster!  Treat a few bumps with your treatment of choice.  This way you can see which treatment works or is effective without irritating healthy skin and possibly making healthy skin more susceptible to Molluscum spreading.  Remember, just because someone states a certain treatment didn't work for them, that doesn't mean it will not work for you.  This poster stated that Apple Cider Vinegar didn't work.  I know I have read many post where it did work on this forum and others.  There just isn't any universal treatment for Molluscum.  Try a treatment, see if it works and if it did you have FOUND your SOLUTION.

Very good information and technique, thank you for your post!

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 03:23:45 by nopaintreatment.com »

Offline Molluscumdotus

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 17/06/2009 03:02:43 »
Molluscum Contagiosum Product Review Guide
More than 25 products for Molluscum Contagiosum are put to the test
Hello My Name is Richard, and I want to share my findings after many years of battling this disease on my own and putting my medical knowledge to work ,during the course of the disease I tried many many commercially available proucts for molluscum including name brands and generic powders, creams, pills, ointments you name it,  I had them on my face, under my arm pits on my private areas, it was widespread, and im here to tell you exactly the reactions I had with every product I used,I will tell you exactly what worked and what was a complete waste of time and energy, during the course of the disease about 3 years to be exact, I bought almost every product available on the market, , and put them to the test on my body, and now im sharing my findings and experience with you, so you donít have to suffer like I did.
I want to make a note that this is a sponsorless study and i do not favor any product out there, on the contrary i focus on individual ingredients rather than name brands by itself, hope my findings and experience with molluscum contagiosum bring to you a breath of relief , knowing that  a cure is out there.
Buy the pitch free booklet and stay informed at Molluscum.us

Offline fingerscrossed

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 19/06/2009 23:12:53 »
Hadenough, I COMPLETELY sympathize with you!

I'm a 19-year-old girl and have now had molluscum for almost 2 months.  My boyfriend has been wonderful in his response, but to say it's been a pain is an understatement! I really relate to your comment about it controlling your relationship and peace of mind. I don't think about anything else for a good part of my day. Summer (and bathing suits...and swimming pools) coming up hasn't boosted my morale, either.

Mine is located around my upper, inner thighs and my buttocks. Incredibly awkward! When I first found this, not knowing what I was dealing with, I went for a herpes swab test which (thankfully!) came out negative. Next a series of antibiotics were tried to treat my "bacterial infection".  About six weeks down the line my GP referred me to a dermatologist who I saw last week.  He diagnosed it as molluscum, and I'm waiting on a biopsy to confirm that. He also use the liquid nitrogen to freeze off the large spots, but I have since found a few more new ones.  I have been applying tea tree oil to the general area 2x daily, and have covered any spots I can with medical tape. My idea is to try and keep them completely isolated until I can get back to the dermatologist on Monday to have them frozen off. However, that's not quite foolproof considering the area I'm dealing with and the fact that I cannot shave. (Wonderful, isn't it?) The spots I can't put tape over I've dabbed with liquid wart remover with salicylic acid, in hopes it will dry them up or at least keep them from spreading. I'm also taking thuya pills 3x a day, echinecea, and a multivitamin, and not reusing any clothing or towels. As you can tell, I'm trying to wage an all-out war with the hopes that one or a combination of the things will be successful. 

A hug to you, hadenough, and to anyone else out there with this, because I know I could use one often.  I will update with anything that works for me.

Touch wood something works!

Offline fingerscrossed

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 21/06/2009 19:46:26 »
As an update, I've ordered Zymaderm, having heard good things from a number of people on forums. We'll see how it works!

Offline crowsnest6

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 21/06/2009 20:35:07 »
we tried zymaderm but it didn't work, however, there have been many people it DID work for :) also use their wash that goes with it :)

Offline momof3

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 23/06/2009 01:34:36 »
My son has had molluscum for several months. His started in areas where he had dry skin. We have found these posts to be so helpful. This is what is working for us.  Vitamins (B and multi), Silver biotics (From GNC), garlic and Tea Tree Oil. He started taking these last Saturday and in a week they have improved by 50%. We have popped several of them, but it hurts really bad.  Were we have popped them, they are scabbing over. We were putting peroxide on the ones we popped, but the dermatologist said that slows healing.  He ended up spreading them by shaving.  So, PLEASE don't make that mistake. Also, when putting on the tea tree oil, dab it on, don't rub it.  I think that can cause it to spread as well. I wish we had read this forum right away when he was diagnosed!  Thanks to everyone for this information.

Offline AKH13

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 23/06/2009 15:16:19 »
so all of a sudden i start to get red pumps on the back of my leg, thinking it was a bug bite i itched it and since 6/ 21 its gotten a little bit worse. i leave for florida in about 3 weeks i want this stuff gone by then. im freaking out so much over this. i have no clue where i got it. if anyone knows the fastest way (that actually works) please let me know. im desperate right now
thanks

Offline fingerscrossed

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 23/06/2009 15:33:49 »
Crowsnest, I'm curious if the wash comes with it? I've ordered it off Amazon.

Offline cypher

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • My MC blog...
« Reply #272 on: 28/06/2009 07:40:14 »
Hey all,
So good to find this forum!  I've had MC for a few weeks now - contracted it (I think) from gym equipment.

Anyway, I have very strong motivation to get it cured asap, so some of the stuff in this forum is great.  I've started a blog on my progress if anyone is interested - there's to much to put it all here, so the link is newbielink:http://molluscumcontagiosum.blogspot.com/ [nonactive]
I have no commercial interest in any treatments, I don't even have ads on my blog.  It's just my personal experience and reading, to be shared with whoever wants to read it.

The main points I want to stress are:

Get it treated as soon as possible. I left it a couple of weeks as I didn't realise what it was and that allowed it to spread
Don't shave the affected area - that appears to be the perfect way to spread it
Use cryotherapy in conjunction with occlusion therapy - see my blog
Eat healthy to build your immune system.

looking forward to getting more from this forum - stay positive!
« Last Edit: 30/06/2009 01:38:09 by cypher »

Offline questionmark

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 23/07/2009 02:49:52 »
Hi-

Urine cures molluscum!! My 2 year old son had molluscum. I treated it with his own urine. It worked very fast, within a week it started to clear up.
What happened was he somehow contracted this nasty little virus perhaps at his doctors? It started slow but over some weeks it got worse and he suffered. It would spread in its typical way up from his belly. It got to his neck and now I began to really panic. What if it got on his face? I did an extensive search for a cure and naturally I assumed there would be a simple over the counter remedy. Boy was I wrong, the more research I did the more I was shocked that no one had a real solution for molluscum and that so many people have and live with molluscum.
What I found was the usual wait till it goes away crap or get some sort of vague complex treatment that would traumatize my kid. My wife called her father in Mongolia and he suggested the urine for a cure. After my son would pee in his pamper we would rub him with the pee wet pamper. What I do remember is that while he had molluscum it would never spread below his pampers and I had feared that it would spread to his penis and rectum. It never did due to the fact that urine was the barrier. In Asia urine is used for curing many blood related illness. Chingis Khan Used forms of this treatment to stay healthy. 
Please try it for all ages.

Roland         
:D:D:D:D

Hi rolans i have a quick question about this remedy, how long did you leave your child with the urine on him before you washed it off?

Offline questionmark

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 23/07/2009 02:54:30 »
Also does anyone know if the virus stays on towls and clothing even after washing, do i need to throw out all of my towls and get new cloths?  i know vinager works for mollescum, i've had it before and seem to be getting it again uuugggg >< and when we had it we washed everything in cidar vinagar which works well, but we have it again over a year later and i'm just wondering if its due to the towels or what? does anyone know, much a appreciated thanks :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #274 on: 23/07/2009 02:54:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums