The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1465896 times)

Offline wyndow

• First timers
    • View Profile
What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #300 on: 03/12/2010 00:01:59 »
My 7yo son has MC and i've just ordered Zymaderm...but only one bottle and i don't know if it's the wash or not.  He has them all over his chin and neck and will not let me pop them.  Can anyone tell me if any of the topical rememdies will work w/o popping the bumps.  The zymaderm should be here in a few days, but I'm dying now...they are getting worse.  I'm thinking I need to cut his long beautiful hair, b/c it rubs up against his face and I think it's spreading them.  Also, will the ACV used topically w/o bandaids work?  The area is too large to use a bandaid.  I'm thinking I need to get the Source Naturals NK-3 just to provde the immune boost.  I've read so much of this great info., but I don't seem to find any speciffic success w/ topical treatments w/o bandages.  Thanks! 

Offline chris007

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 11/12/2010 18:05:05 »
i got rid of it so so can you.

i contracted MC after having sex and it took me a while to realise what it was and how serious the condition is, even after a visit to the doctor who did not help at all apart from the diagnosis. basically, after educating myself on all things mc, what i found is that unless you want to have this disease for a long time you have to attack it. prepare your immune system for a battle! so live a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy stay fit. this will also keep your mind healthy!

the next thing to do is buy a bottle of apple cider vinegar, some cotton pads and some tape, i used long thin strips of duc tape because it sticks well. soak the pads in acv and strap onto the mc before you go to bed. make sure you leave gaps for the pads to breathe (the pad just has to be held on firmly not sealed) if acv gets trapped against your skin and has nowhere to go it will burn. but it will heal. make sure the mc is in direct contact with the acv. if you have done this right and kept the pads on for long enough (over night) the mc should swell and turn yellow.

if you take the pads off and it looks like this wash the area and keep it dry. the mc will turn red scab over and die then fall off and the area should heal after a while. sometimes the process needs to be repeated to get the mc to swell and die, this seems to be the case with smaller, younger, mc it took me up to 4 attempts to kill these off sometimes but it will work eventually. bigger ones go quicker. i think this may have to do with the fact that it is easier for the bigger ones to stick into the cotton pad and get better contact with the acv. application of the acv is very important! you will know what i mean once you have had success a few times. once it is swollen and yellow, turns red you know you have killed it.

it took me a while to perfect this technique but i did and it works. it got worse before it got better but i kept at it. it can be depressing at times frustrating but it can be beaten. its a horrible thing to have to deal with but you are not the only one and you will appreciate being disease free a lot more once you have gotten rid of this.

btw, took me around 5 months to rid all outbreaks with acv had it for about 7 months before that. have a busy schedule so could be achieved quicker if you have a lot of time on your hands. wish i had new about acv from the start.

Offline marked216

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 04/01/2011 01:17:05 »
I've had MC for about 2 years. Here's my story, maybe it could help others and maybe others could help me:

2 years ago I noticed spots on my forearm. I went to the GP after stalling for about a year (didn't think they were anything serious), who had no idea what they were, and he referred me to a dermatologist.

The dermatologist said they were MC and told me I could either wait them out or he could freeze them. I elected to freeze them since they had been there for over a year and showed no signs of going away. It took 2 cryotherapy sessions, and they were gone. There are about 20-30 spots of pigmented skin on my arm now, though.

About 4 months later, I noticed bumps on my penis. I went to 2 GPs who said they were warts. I went to another GP because I did the vinegar test and they didn't turn white. This GP said they were MC. I then went to my dermatologist who also said they were MC. He offered to freeze them, but I didn't want the same pigmentation to occur on my penis.

It's been about 4 months, and I've tried the following: podophyllotoxin (didn't work), apple cider vinegar (didn't work; burned all the skin around them), and tea tree oil (looks like it shrunk a couple I guess).

Tonight, I finally bit the bullet and took some tweezers to my penis. They are spreading, and I really want to kill them. So I decided to pick off the ones on the left side of my shaft (not all of them just yet, I want to see how this works). I constantly rubbed the area with hydrogen peroxide during this process. The spots bled a bit, now I have a bandaid with polysporin on it.

If this works, I'll attack the rest of them.

For anyone not concerned with pigmentation, the cryotherapy did work after 2 sessions.

I'll update you on what happens with the little surgery I performed.

Offline marked216

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 04/01/2011 21:41:45 »
Ugh...I have an important question for anyone who scraped the lesions off themselves. Last night I finally caved and used tweezers, hydrogen peroxide, and polysporin and plucked some of the buggers out. Problem is, I didn't notice any white waxy core or anything...they just bled. My derm said they were MCs, but now I'm concerned I had warts and plucked them out, which would probably open up the possibility of a host of new problems.

For those who plucked their own, was there always an obvious waxy core? My lesions are extremely tiny, so maybe this hadn't developed yet? I don't know...

Offline Sickofit29male

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 18/01/2011 04:07:37 »
I just found this thread and figured i'd chime in on what i've done to fight this.  I've had this for geeze, i guess 2 goddamned years.  I have HPV and when they first showed up, i figured they were warts on my penis, i used the treatment condylox repeatedly to zero effect.  Desperate, i tried ACV which does absolutely nothing but burn the hell out of the healthy skin leaving everything else exactly as it was before.  After noticing how different the legions look then a normal wart i decided to get some other opinions. 

My main doctor, generally unconcerned with this sort of thing said their just shiny things, don't worry about them.  Another doctor said they were warts and gave me more condylox which is 300 dollars a pop since i'm ininsured, a whole tube did nothing but possibly scar me.  A 3rd doctor said they were nothing as well.  I FINALLY decided to go to planned parenthood and she said they were obviously molluscum, after viewing other pics online, that's the only thing they could be, i believe 4th try it was finally diagnosed properly.  She also immediately noticed a bump on my palm tha twas molluscum which i assumed was some sort of callous originally, but it showed up before the bumps and i'm pretty sure i got that from the gym so it looks like it spread to my penis that way.  She did some acid treatment on them but it didn't seem to do much, they wanted me to come back for a 2nd treatment but i haven't done it, i'll probably go back soon and try it again.

I have probably 30 bumps, three as big as few mm's and some so tiny i can't even be sure they're not just normal skin other then the fact they reflect light like the other MC.

None of the lesions i have really stick out much other then the two big ones, but there seems to be no core.  I tried popping them and even pressing to the point of eye watering pain, excruciating pain, nothing pops or comes out.  I was so irritated after turning down yet another girl i met (my friends are starting to seriously wonder why i just suddenly stopped even attempting to meet women when i was always quite successful before), i decided to try digging out the core with a needle.  It's again, excruciatingly painful and there seems to be no core, i tried ripping off the bump with tweezers and it's again, painful nearly to the point of my vision blurring and i have a very high pain tolerance. So the best i could do was just ***** some of them with a pin till a little blood came out.

God this is killing me, i want my goddamn sex life back.

So to recap, here's what i've tried.

Condylox:  Worthless
ACV:  Worthless and gave me scars that lasted months
Acid treatment at the free clinic: possible marginal improvement, at this rate i'd have to go back 50 times to get rid of it if it in fact can do that.
Cryo with Dr. Scholls Freeze off: Worthless, did it 5 times, and had no improvement.  Was recommended to me by the internet.
Popping:  They don't pop, it's impossible on mine.
Digging out with needle:  Far far too painful on the crown of my penis where all of them are for the most part.

I just ordered some australian lemon myrtle and i'm gonna give that a shot and just pray it works.

For the record, i'm 29, in perfect health, i smoke a bit but not much, drink occasionally and eat very well and exercise and am notorious for almost never getting sick.

Offline SICKofMCinMD

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 03/02/2011 01:40:09 »
I have a similiar experience.  I'm 26 and I'm in very good health too.  I have never had an STD so this is the first time I've had to deal with something like this.  Honestly I can't even remember when I first noticed the MC, but I think it was about a year or so ago. 
I first noticed some tiny bumps that I didn't remember seeing before, but didn't think much more about it. I continued having sex with my GF and she never had any symptoms (and still doesn't)so I assumed it couldn't be an STD. 
However, I'm a picker and of course I kept picking at it, as I figured it was just pimples or something, but it never seemed to go away.  I didn't get worried until I got a larger one (nearly a cm in size) that just didn't look right.  I was too embarresed to go ask my doc about it so I waited a while hoping it would go away on it's own.  It never did...
Finally I started researching things that are mistaken for herpies and genital warts and came across MC.  Bingo.  The symptoms fit my situation exactly. I tried the tweezer method first, which seemed to work on the smaller ones.  However the bigger one never fully went away. 
I did more research into other methods to rid myself of the MC and came across Zymaderm.  The reviews were mostly positive, but there were some negative ones too.  I decided to try it out (I'd try anything at this point).  I've been applying more than twice a day and covering with bandaids for the past two days.  Fingers are crossed this works...  I will be sure to let everyone know the final results on Zymaderm too.  I'm also going to go buy some vitimins tomorrow and try to boost up my immune system.  Finally I'm on total clean freak status now.  Changing boxers 2-3 times a day, never reusing towels, washing hands constantly, etc... I pray to God this works because after a year (w/o any actual treatment until now) I'm SICK OF MC. 
If it doesnt work my next solution is the lemon oil stuff.  I saw a few good reviews on that too.  Hopefully it won't come to that though.

SICKofMCinMD

Offline FML

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 29/03/2011 17:23:01 »
Hi my derma confimed that I had molluscum while treating me for cystic acne. I had it on my face maybe 10-15 spots but only about 5 are raised, the others I could see the white seed just there not raised. So far he has cauterized the spots twice, the first time a whole lot and the second time I noticed he didnt do as much. In between I have been applying hydrogen peroxide to the ones I ***** with a needle, along with a aquaphor healing ointment to help the pricked spots. Im lucky to only have some down under that before I knew it was molluscum I hastily removed by just as people have mentioned thumbs underneath and removing white seed and all. However my face hasnt seen such resolve. It seems to be reappearing after the cauterization, but the reduced amount of cautery at the derm the second visit is good news I feel. I just ordered terrasil and found that it is has colloidal silver in it. It that safe for me to use? Has anyone used terrasil? I just need advice as to how to get rid of this that it being on my face, before this cystic acne and now molluscum attack I had a clear face throughout my teeanage years and now at 20 this is happening. I've found that if you want results its best to just man up and remove them with force, and making sure your using an antiseptic like hydrogen peroxide, and taking a flame to the needle your using to sterilize it. Yet know this IF YOU TRY TO POP THEM LIKE A PIMPLE BLOOD WILL JUST BUILD UP BELOW THE SURFACE AND WONT POP. To counter that I pricked the darkened spot applied hydrogen peroxide after squeezing what I could out. It worked well. Again I just need advice on the cauterization technique my derm is using and anything else I can do. Along with the effetivness and relative safeness of terrasil. Thanks

Offline snowywhite

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 31/03/2011 05:43:28 »
hi...im new here as a result of battling against molluscum contagiosum. thought it may be helpful to others if i pass on some advice! i have had these things on my scrotum & penis now for about 3 months...only just starting to see light at the end of the tunnel as a result of experimentation and reserch on the net. firstly i found apple cider vinegar was somewhat useful, having applied it to them with a q tip..it takes a while, they need to become irritated for it to start to work. also effective if applied over night under a cotton wool soaked and held in place with a band aid. i have since found that tea tree oil is somewhat more potent and gaining positive results. be warned..this stuff will cause major pain if over used on sensitive skin ie..at the base of scrotum particularly on the line down the middle..ouch!! er...i have also found that hydrogen peroxide is useful at getting rid of any dead skin that may form during the treatments. use clean q tip for each bump, clean towel when u shower & clean underwear during treatment to prevent spreading. i was soaking in a bath with apple cider vinegar added, but have since learned that these things thrive on warm water so just shower. oh, i have also tried freezing them with wartner and i believe this method also may be effective although a little painful around the genital area. i, like you i guess have been thinking i will have these things for the rest of my life! but it seems it may be posssible with dilligence and perseverance to rid yourself of them. BUT it wont happen overnight! it is a battle and when its on your genitals it can play hell with your sex life! ps...no matter how much you dislike wearing condoms (like me) believe me you will dislike this virus even more! so be a good boy and wear a condom if you are a player.  oh, im also wondering, does anyone know how to go about making sure these things wont come back? what type of preventitive maintainance can be helpful, if i totally rid myself of them i certainly dont want them back! (so i'll be wearing condoms now!) cheers & good luck to all who face this battle.   

Offline UnknownMC

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 06/04/2011 23:39:55 »
I have recently been diagnosed with mulloscum contagiosum. I am a 22year old male. I thought I would let you know how mine are doing, I contracted initially about 4 bumps in my pubic region. I freaked out when spotting them one morning in the shower. Thinking they were hpv. Mixed emotions. I shaved the area to get a better look. And curious to see what it was I squeezed one of them, a noticed a core like growth which confirmed my thoughts of hpv. I didn't get to a doctor until about 2 weeks, in that time I was searching near and far for answers. Confused between what could be hpv, herpes or mulloscum.
The gp confirmed it was mulloscum and said to buy wart off (salicylic acid) and dab a needle or toothpick into bottle and ***** inside the mulloscum.
I went all out at first, scared and determined to get rid of these basically painted the area. Gee whiz didn't that hurt. For about 1 week of pain and 2 weeks of scabs.
So I decided to do the docs way.
I notice this makes them inflamed and you can see the core come to the surface. I haven't yet tried to pick these yet, I need to get some gloves, tweezers and a needle. I have been using just a toothpick.

I will try a combination of acv, tea tree oil and this acid. And will pick the cores out when have a chance.
I'll let you know how this approach works.

Offline MCKoolKat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 07/04/2011 20:47:25 »
I'm currently in a monogamous committed relationship with a woman that has type 2 Herpes. We're taking precautiouns against transmission, but we know that they're not fool-proof... and we're just not willing to go without our genital areas coming into contact...

Just noticed some bumps about a week ago and thought I had finally caught the herp. As you would guess, since I'm in this thread, it turned out to be Molluscum Contagiosum. Small outbreak, but who knows how long I've had it. There are quite a few very, very small ones on my lower abdomen, one large on on my inner thigh, a few dotted above my penis, and a couple very small ones on the shaft.

After reading this entire thread and various other forums, I decided to put together an MC care package. I ran by the local health store and picked up apple cider vinegar, a colloidal silver spray, and some tea tree oil.

I applied the tea tree oil using cotton swabs before I went to bed and in the morning two of the bumps had formed heads. I punctured both and squeezed out the innards and doctored them with the colloidal silver and an antiseptic gel. I then applied tea tree oil to the remaining bumps. When I checked them this afternoon at work, I noticed 4 or 5 more had come to head, so I'm optimistic that the tea tree oil may be all I need to use. Plan on manually emptying the whitened bumps after work and applying another round of oil.

No skin irritation thus far, but I'm being very specific where I'm applying the tea tree oil.

Have also begun watching my lysine/arginine levels and taking immune system boosting supplements. This part is easy, because my girlfriend is a health nut with herpes, so she's already taking a daily regimen of pills.

Am optimistic that I'll get this kicked soon. Thought I only had to worry about her passing me bumps, but now the tables have turned.  :(

Offline MCKoolKat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 11/04/2011 20:44:21 »
Update:

So the largest bumps have all come to a head and been manually extracted. What I'm worried about now are the smaller ones that don't seem to be doing much. They're just as contagious, but seem to be a little more resilient and harder to spot.

Going to step the game up a bit this week and start applying apple cider vinegar at night.

Offline Farcanal

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 19/04/2011 01:24:56 »
anyone any ideas any home remedies for molluscum.

Tincture of Iodine. Be careful as it stains.

Warts and Plantars are caused by the Papilloma virus and are highly contagious, don't walk barefoot where others are doing so. the best treatment is Caustic Soda. Put it on the wart only though, it will burn on new skin. Another treatment is Nitric Acid. See warning above.

Offline nelipot

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 23/04/2011 17:33:10 »
My partner was diagnosed by a dermatologist after his general practitioner told him the bumps were nothing. After the three medium to small bumps were frozen off, it exploded across his crotch. When I examined myself, I saw small bumps (less than 1mm). I had a few. Tried salicylic acid and liquid bandage but it didn't really help. They went away in some areas and more popped up in others.

Then tried "Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide Gel" (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Medication) as recommended by Wikipedia. $2.50 from Walgreens was way better than the $200 for the tretinoin the dermatologist prescribed my significan other! After a week, his had stopped spreading but they were still mostly there. Also, he developed some painful peeling.  After three days most of mine were gone, what wasn't gone had gone from raised to flat, and progressively less red to brown, then disappeared.

What I Did:

Begin a round of vitamins: A, B6, C, D, E, Zinc, Iron, Cod Liver Oil, and a general multi-vitamin
10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (Acne Medication) - Walgreens Brand ($2.50)
10% Benzoyl Peroxide body wash - OxyClean Brand ($5 - $7)

1. Shower in the morning and evening with body wash, rub it in for 2 minutes. Let sit on skin for the rest of the time it takes to bathe.

2. Apply Benzoyl Peroxide Gel three times a day. Immediately after both showers and at lunch time. Be generous, especially over the bumps, but cover the entire area to ensure no further spreading. If you don't want to wait for it to dry, use a blow dryer on the area until its powdery to the touch.

I hope this helps! Also, read the studies on wikipedia for more information on molluscum and benzoyl peroxide.
newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum#Benzoyl_peroxide [nonactive]

Offline oenophile

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 02/05/2011 01:58:59 »
I just found out that my boyfriend has MC. I've had never heard of it before and had never had symptoms. I don't know where he got it but I trust him completely and want to be there for him. After reading online it seems like people just pick it up from sharing towels, clothing and having skin to skin contact. How can I be careful but still be close?? Help!

Has anyone on this form spread it to their partner? How did you deal with it????

Read more: Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum - Molluscum Contagiosum page 2 newbielink:http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic12946_20.html#ixzz1L9VQsWhF [nonactive]

Offline Sickofit29male

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 15/05/2011 09:46:32 »
Figured i'd update.  I've tried 3 extremely lengthy sessions with the lemon myrtle oil only stopping when the skin was so irritated and pealing i was afraid i caused permanant damage.  IN concentrations ranging from 1 parts oil to 10 parts vitamin E oil to 1 parts oil to 3 parts vitamin E oil which burns horrendously. 

The best results i've gotten was it just made them smaller, but after a certain point, even after months of using this stuff up to 10 times a day all i got was peeling and painful skin, as soon as i stopped the lemon myrtle they all quickly got back to their old size, or bigger.

Like absolutely every natural home remedy i've tried, lemon myrtle is worthless.

I've gone back for 2 more acid treatments at the free clinic, worthless.

I'm so desperate now, i'm physically slicing off skin with an xacto knife and drenching the wounds with hydrogen peroxide then continuing the lemon myrtle, i frankly don't care about the pain anymore, i don't care about scars, i want these things gone.  What prompted me to update was that i'm healing down there from the butchering and wouldn't ya know it, they all look like they're coming back, unbelievable. 

This is unbelievable.  There seems to be absolutely nothing medical science can do about this.  My brother was born with 3 chambers in his heart and medical science fixed him but they can't fix this.

I am so frustrated I can't stand it.  I'm about to attempt to put pure lemon myrtle on them, i can't fathom what this is gonna feel like.  I don't care.  I haven't had sex or dated in 2 and a half years now because of this.

I'm so scared of stds i'm the biggest stickler about protection, even with girls i've dated for a year or more, but i finally got completely defeated from shaking somebodies hand...

Offline som

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 17/05/2011 02:01:29 »
hey Sickofit29male, i don't think MC is any reason not to date. If you get to know the girl first before getting physical, you will be able to tell her what you have. I've been in that situation twice, and both times the girl stuck around and got physical anyway.

oenophile:
I told my partner I have it, she wasn't worried about it for some reason; maybe cause she considers herself very healthy and has a strong immune system. We haven't stopped having sex and I haven't passed it to her.
« Last Edit: 17/05/2011 02:07:55 by som »

Offline ptguard333

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 22/05/2011 23:11:36 »
Alright, this forum was a big help because it offered soooo many options and treatments to try that were cheap. I noticed my MC 2 weeks ago when it started to spread. I have had the "mothership" original site for a few months on the base of my penis. I thought it was just a random bumpb didnt think twice until I shaved with clippers 2 weeks ago and saw a TON of little bumps. I researched and found it to be MC.

It is going down and fading and here is what I did. (VERY HEALTHY 25 YO MALE, I workout 5 times a week)

DO NOT SHOWER WITH HOT WATER, they come to the surface and seem to really spread the disease. I went from about 30 to around 60 after a few washes. So use lukewarm or cold water showers.

AFTER SHOWER: Apply Isopropyl Alcohol to all infected area. Not too much, it will sting a bit. Let it dry out the area after the shower. Then apply persa-gel 10 to the area infected.

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 91%: I used this after every shower and before every application of my Clean & Clear persa-gel 10 Maximum Strength. It seemed to sting though at times.

PERSA-GEL 10 from Clean and Clear: I heard others that had success with this product but for the first week didn't notice much of a difference as I was using hot showers and it was spreading. (I am assuming most benzoyl peroxides will work as long as they are maximum strength)

THE BEST THING I DID...SCRAPING. Scrape those lil bastards. I actually was so fed up that after a shower and alcohol application, when they were raised, I tried to pop them like a zit which made them bleed and hurt but didnt get rid of the head. I then scraped with a needle which hurt like hell and got maybe one of them, way more bleeding. The most affective was pulling my skin tight and using my fingernail to press down hard on one side and just scrape it off pulling out the white pit. As soon as I had it out, down the drain, wash my hands, and isopropyl the area. (***WARNING*** the stinging is a little painful. I am assuming younger kids be very careful of application. It does hurt.) After that they bleed and seem to never stop bleeding. But that is a good thing, that means you got it out.

I actually only removed about 15 of the infected sites out of about 60 including the mothership site. After I did this, and continued with my alcohol/persa-gel method they have gone down significantly! I seem to believe scraping the sites gets your antibodies down to fight the virus once it is recognized. OR perhaps like the movie Independence Day, once you take down the mothership the others fall easily.

I did apply the persa-gel 3 times a day. Once after a shower in the morning, once at lunch, and once after a shower at night. I am not sure if all methods are working, or just the scraping, but I am very happy that they are leaving and feel the stress lifting off of my shoulders to date again soon.

Scraping will cause little scabs, but you can feel the pit gone and so far not noticeable scarring is occurring.

I only had a one night scrape fest, after that wanted to see the effect. 3 days later they are smaller, not as "healthy infected" as they used to look and disappearing slowly. I wanted an immediate cure that would provide results and so far, after 2 weeks this seems to be working. We all have different immune systems, but I hope someone can take this advice and use it to help themselves out.

Good luck everyone, you can beat this.

Offline ptguard333

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 06/06/2011 00:53:11 »
Just an update for you all.

I am almost 100% free of the little white head monsters!!! I still have some light scabbing and slightly red marks from where the previous MC was. After some initial scrapping there are a few, but not many, sites that pop up after but they are very small. As long as you keep the area clean and follow my method above it works. (At least it did for me and a few others here) Still some skins flaking and peeling after the processes, but better than the bumps. It itched for a few days, but the cold showers helped out.

My confidence is way higher now, because it was around my bellybutton/lower abs I was afraid to date, take my shirt off, go to the pool...you name it. I actually ran shirtless the other day and I am confident again. Although I am abstaining from sex until a few months from now as well as the pool, I feel like I have the worst of this behind me. I don't want to infect anyone with this nasty disease. Not sure if I contracted it during sex or not, just know I want it gone for good.

Good luck to you all!

Offline ptguard333

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 06/06/2011 00:55:26 »
Also, forgot to add. Following the first scrape-fest I had another when the second wave came up. After that, no new MC has arrived. Just an FYI for you all.

Offline molmol

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 08/06/2011 17:57:57 »
Hi Guys! These are the things I did to heal my molluscum for about 20 pcs in 1 week!

Step1: Lifestyle
- I don't smoke and no to alcohol, I do exercise every morning, I sleep for atleast 7hrs, I do intake vitamin c 500mg and 500mg of multivitamins and don't skip meals!

- Purpose of step1 is to increase your immune system to avoid spreading and to enhance the healing effect of step 2

Step2:apply apple cider vinegar (pure and unfiltered!)
- I use bragg acv brand.
- You also need 70% isopropyl alcohol  without moisturizer, cotton balls, and paper tape

1: Take a bath always and wash the infected part with soap (put soap  on your hand then apply it gently on infected area and never scrub your body if you have molluscum). Be sure to have 2 dry towel to avoid spreading MC!

2: Pour alcohol in infected part but dont let it drip to not  affected site!

3: dry it with dry cotton but be gently,  let the cotton absorbs the alcohol

4: Soak cotton balls in ACV then put it on molluscum ( be sure its on top of molluscum beacause ACV will burn your skin )

5: tape it! not too tight not too loose

leave it for 7 hrs then go back to taking a bath steps
-ACV hurts and smells awful!

Here's the crucial part, once the tip of molluscum goes brown or black it is time for you to scrape it but please be careful because you can kill the virus or just spread it again!

here are the steps I did to scrape it out!

be sure you just wash and dry the infected site, then get dry cotton ball and scrape it from the tip or in the black/brown part! you will notice inside theres a white liquid please don't let it drip on your skin because that is the virus! the wash it cotton ball with alcohol 3x then dry it apply acv again then tape it!

I hope this will help you guys! Let us free others from this molluscum nightmares

Offline Skillz

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 29/07/2011 16:27:01 »
Hello, i noticed some spots on the tip of my foreskin about 2 weeks ago so i went to see my doctor who said it looks like MC.
Then she began to ask me if it was possible if i had HIV which has quite frankly left me terrified. I have been in a relationship for 3 years (gf has no symptoms) and i had an STD test about 8 months ago and every thing was fine but my doctor has still left me worried. She said there was no treatment for it and they would take months to heal.

The spots first appeared quite large and red but began to dry up and shrink. I checked today and i have another 2-3. It is really making me depressed and i don't know what to do.

Offline st24

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 11/08/2011 15:13:36 »
Hi - I have recently seen a specialist about my youngest's molluscum (eldest has also suffered from molluscum but has now cleared up) it just seems to be getting worse! He recommended a treatment called poxiderm and seems to be doing the trick! Hope this helps

Offline mcvt

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 26/08/2011 23:16:36 »
Hey all.  I had MC for about a year and, like most of you, was extremely frustrated with it.  I tried a couple methods (evisceration, freezing, iodine, salicylic acid) and my brother used prescription cantharone cream.  We both found evisceration and iodine to be the most effective.

There is lots of good information here, including a lot of medical research articles which are interesting to browse through.  newbielink:http://mcvtreatment.com [nonactive]

Offline bohilus

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 11/09/2011 08:37:58 »
Hi All,
I have been diagnosed with mc and the doctor too said that there's no cure and have to wait for the antibody immune system to naturally fight against it. It can take from 3 months to a year before they go away. I had the problem on my face round the mouth and neck area which were affecting my work. But then found this online, Antiviral elixir oil from advert deleted and applied onto the affected area,  they were gone within weeks. Hope this help you as well.
« Last Edit: 13/09/2011 10:23:04 by imatfaal »

Offline minoru

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 29/09/2011 02:04:32 »
I am a 31 year old male and have been diagnosed with Molluscum on my neck and groin area, and let me tell you, shaving these areas has been a problem.  I haven't shaved for a few weeks, since shaving is probably what initially spread the Molluscum.  While I have been using evisceration on the Molluscum that I can see, I am sure there are a few hidden in patches of hair on my neck and groin. Question 1: How can I trim my pubic and neck hair to find these little guys without further spreading the Molluscum?  Question 2: I want to catch the Molluscum early so they don't spread.  Could someone describe what a Molluscum looks like when it first appears; I am afraid I may confuse a small Molluscum and a pimple. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #324 on: 29/09/2011 02:04:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length