The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1466822 times)

Offline zack101

• First timers
    • View Profile
What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #325 on: 03/11/2011 23:02:19 »
So after going through this whole thread and hearing of all the success with ACV I decided to try it. I had about 5-6 lesions on my genital region that were slowly multiplying (started as 1 spot). What happened is that the skin around the mc went black and I'm afraid its scarred. I read that people's lesions went black and peeled off but I'm talking about my skin itself! Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone? What can I do about it? I don't even know if it's working or not, it's only been 3 days but I dont know if I should keep using it because it seems like it might be doing more harm then good. Hopefully someone here can help and I'll post an update.

Offline jackdcosta56

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 09/11/2011 09:38:21 »
Well the idea of urine is not very good i suppose. Will it be hygienic to do something like this?
-----------------------------------
newbielink:http:// link deleted[/url [nonactive]
« Last Edit: 09/11/2011 11:22:14 by imatfaal »

Offline mcvsux

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 26/11/2011 23:12:15 »
I have done loads of reading on MCV and its a nasty disease.... a little about my particular case.  6 months ago I notice red pimple like zits with a white head on them on my buttocks.  Did not thing too much of it.  However about 6 weeks ago I noticed the same on the back of my arms, about a week later I scratched them like crazy and they were itchy as. (before I was diagnosed).  I then went to a doctor, and as usual he said they would go away over time....I would not settle for this so I have read about remedies others have found.

1.  Firstly read loads of good reports about the effectiveness of Apple Cider vinegar. (ACV)  Its cheap and can be found in your local grocery store.  Read mostly that you needed to soak a cotton ball in it and cover it with a water proof bandage.  This was not possible for me as I had 100's of these tiny papules all over my upper arms, and then on my chest.  Very contagious.  Autoinoculation is a massive problem with this condition and all efforts need to be made to not touch/scratch them.  Due to the wide spread area I cut up an old cotton shirt, soaked it in ACV and then placed it on the effected area.  I then used a compression bandage to hold it in place (not too tight).  Left it on for about 4hrs 2x a day.  Hard to bear it any longer as it burns.  ACV basically seems to strip the top layers of skin (epidermis) which exposes the virus.  IT lives in the epidermis.  From what I also understand by doing loads of reading is that MCV virus can not survive in an 'Alkaline' environment.  This is basically how it kills the virus.  After a few days of treatment I noticed the papules would be white in colour after taking the bandage off and then it would scab up.  I did notice that a few new ones popped up in the same area so I can not be certain that it is 100% effective.  It certainly helped though.  I used a few different treatments at different times of the day.  Be careful ACV burns the skin, dilute it with water if need be.

2.  Secondly I purchased some Lemon Myrtle oil, after reading heaps about the effectiveness of this essential oil.  Just google it and you will find some online stores.  They will ship anywhere in the world, and for me in NZ it was cheap enough.  I wont harp on about the oil and you can read all about it when you google it.  Basically diluted it with some olive oil at a strength of 30%.  Do not use it in stronger concentrations it will burn your skin.  I used this in conjunction with ACV a few times a day.  I think this helped as well, however there still were a few new ones popping up.  I was freaking out thinking that I have ran out of treatment ideas.  I also washed my skin with Benzoyl Peroxide 5% when showering, as well as Lemon Myrtle shower gel.  Do not used towels more than once.

3.  Internally I have been supplementing my diet with vitamin pills.  Echnocia, Fish oil, Multivitamin, Meg Vitamin C, B complex, and zinc.  As well as that drinking wheat grass juice to alkalize my body internally.  (viruses find it hard to survive).  Included in my wheatgrass juice I added 25ml of ACV (braggs with mother).  Not nice to drink but when your desperate you will try anything.

4.  I also used a product called Eliminator.  It is made by Neways.  Essentially it is used as a mouthwash but has many uses.  Google it, you will find the neways site and info regarding this.  It is basically stablised chlorine and has a weak chlorine smell to it....its not too over bearing.  I have used it for Acne on my face and it worked absolute wonders.  I swear by this product.   Simply get a sprayer and spray it onto the effected area. If you use a combination of treatments like I have, be sure to give your body time to recover....very important!

To conclude I dont know if its been a combination of everything talked about above but it seems to have worked for me.  Definantly worth a try unless you want to put up with this horrible disease for years.  If you plan on using any of these treatments, be careful as they can burn. Try it on a small area of your skin to make sure you have no reaction to it.  If one treatment does not work, try another.  But be cautious.  Note your skin will look worse before it gets better.  In adults it is a disease which is transmitted sexually, however I do not think this was the case with me.  I am an otherwise healthy 25yr old female and make my potential BF's have an STD check before sleeping with them.  I swim actively so I am guessing I have caught it that way.  Towels / overcrowded pools etc.  Uses Aloe Vera gel to sooth damaged skin.  Good luck.

Offline michal101

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #328 on: 19/01/2012 09:55:19 »
Have a grandson with molluscum, which I am told is a form of pox virus.  Currently, he's being treated with some caustic chemical by the dermatologist.  Is there any alternative treatment?  Any truth to the use of duct tape with warts, and would that help?

Bezoar
Chemical medicine are good but very harmful for face if you want to clear the pox mark from your face then you have to try any herbal medicine.
Have a grandson with molluscum, which I am told is a form of pox virus.  Currently, he's being treated with some caustic chemical by the dermatologist.  Is there any alternative treatment?  Any truth to the use of duct tape with warts, and would that help?

Bezoar
Chemical medicine are good but very harmful for face if you want to clear the pox mark from your face then you have to try any herbal medicine. Aloe vera is one of the best herbal medicine for face or skin. this will not harm in any matter and also purify your blood..
« Last Edit: 19/01/2012 10:04:18 by michal101 »

Offline pyrotalk

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 06/02/2012 21:04:06 »
These critters are awful.. I still have them after 3 years and they still dont go away.. Recently, i went full core because they started appearing on my stomach and chest. Because of a large area, i am putting 2.5% BP all over and they are itching and inflammed. This is a good sign except i am worried i can get hypo or hyperpigmentation.
-Spot treat with zymaderm, totally useless
-spotted treated them with lemon myrtle but didnt do much. Smell is very strong, i diluted up to 23% with avocado oil which is toxic. But didnt see much results
- Next 10% BP, this works amazing on small ones but the ones that formed the head, it is useless. Though i read that i should be popping them.. I will try that because derm's visits are costing a ton
-Next, 0.05% tretinoid. This is mixed results. I tried it on one spot and alternating with BP and it caused a dark hyperpigmentation which it freaked me out. But it does work or at least a combination of both tretinoid and BP

I am also using 2% salicylic lotion all over my body and this is causing itching and inflamation on the infected areas.. This has put a big dent in my sex life, the fear of spreading to innocent people... But it is exactly how i got it.. Someone purposely infected me with his finger.
« Last Edit: 06/02/2012 21:06:13 by pyrotalk »

Offline JLA

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 08/02/2012 13:02:05 »
Hi everyone.
I opened an account on here to share my experience with MC. I first spotted Mollusc 2 years ago on my stomach, ignorantly mistaking it for a pimple, I squeezed it, ( with great difficulty) only to produce a strange white core and an unordinary amount of blood. Fast forward to the next day when I woke up with 40+ of these little assholes all over my genitals and stomach, varying in size/shape.

I researched high and low and tried EVERYTHING, trust me when I say everything. BP, tea tree oil, lemon M, multis, alcohol wipes, salicylic acid 10% - Now let me tell you, this was the worst, i had burns all over my genitals and stomach from this and it did absolutely nothing. If anything I thought it would create a T-cell response to respond to the area, thus intern finding the intruder and killing it...yeah no. Bathing in & drinking apple cider vinegar, which if you haven't figured out, is some idiots idea (ACVx) to soak the lesions in ACV and leave overnight/ for days.

ANYWAY. lets get to the point, I struggled to get rid of these for a little over 8 months, before I went down my own route. If you are brave enough, this will work, I have been clear now for 1.5 years with one lesions here or there that I take care of immediately.

You will need -

100/200x alcohol wipes
Rubber gloves (disposable)

Step one - Put pair of gloves on, pick you first target. Get the lesion UNDER your thumbs so that the core of it is between your nails, pull up and squeeze until the core (which looks like two whitish heads) is on the ends of your thumbs under the gloves, turn the gloves inside out with the core remaining inside.

Step two - the lesion should be bleeding freely, if it is not, you have not gotten all of the lesion. Be wary, the reason for the gloves/ disinfecting is that the core of the lesion is highly contagious and is the reason you will get more if it comes in to contact with your skin. you can opt out of using gloves, I just did because I was paranoid of getting more of these lesions.

Step three - Apply alcohol wipe to area, it will sting, this is good, it will kill any remaining parts of the lesions and disinfect the area.

You get the gist, I had these all over my stomach, and genitals, it was painful getting rid of them and my skin looked like sh1t for a couple of weeks. The red marks from the lesions lingered for a month or two, but they are all gone now, and so is MC!! The feeling of getting rid of all those little barstads was a relief in itself. You will miss one or two, because they will be too small to see and will eventually grow in to a larger lesion, then you can remove it the same way you removed the others.

My MC has never come back, this was the only way I could get rid of them, it was that or Dr's orders of "wait it out".

I don't recommend you use this method on your children, I'm a 22 Y.O man, and it was painful but worth it.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and gives any of you out there some hope, you can beat it, it's easy, just a little elbow grease ;-)

Good luck.

Offline MolluscumKiller

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 09/02/2012 16:07:27 »
First, let me just say that I can totally relate to your struggle.  My heart goes out to you if youíre struggling with the dreadful  virus known as Molluscum Contagiosum.  Although I really donít feel like writing all this out, I told myself that if I ever figured out the best treatment, I would spread the word.

MY STORY.  I caught Molluscum Contagiosum in Jiu-Jitsu class about 10 months ago.  At first I thought I just had skin tags so I didnít regard them seriously.  Later, when I realized they were multiplying, I began researching symptoms and thatís when I came across testimonies of Mollscum.  Although I had never heard of Molluscum, I immediately concluded this was what I had contracted.  I later went to a dermatologist (total waste of money) and he confirmed this self-diagnosis.
How did I get it?  My first error was shaving before jiu-jitsu class.  Jiu-Jitsu is sort of like wrestling.  Thereís a whole lot of skin on skin contact with your sparring partners.  If youíre a male and have Molluscum, donít shave near areas with lesions!  Not even with an electric razor.  The only thing you can do is use the ďtrimmerĒ accessory which is common on most electric shavers.  Sorry, no more close shaves during this time.  Shaving spreads the virus. 

If you think your Molluscum is bad, please know that I had 100s of lesions on my neck and head (even had a few on my face).  I was so depressed that I locked myself in my apartment for a few months (except for going to work) and allowed myself very few social interactions during this time.  Even when I was at work, I tried my best to hide my neck with hoodies and jackets.  I didnít want anyone feeling like my presence was a threat to their health.

This meant I didnít go to Jiu-Jitsu class or fitness gyms of any sort for 10 months.  Worst of all, I forced myself to refrain from sex during this time.  As bad as I craved it, I just couldnít allow myself to spread this horrible virus to others.  As a 32 year old man with a very high sex drive, this was a very depressing time in my life.  Now that my molluscum is gone, ladies, Iím back in the game.

Donít Waste Money.  I wasted many months trying homemade remedies and treatments.  Nothing worked.  Not even close.  The first thing youíll notice about Molluscum lesions is how stubborn they are.  I tried every treatment imaginable from Tea Tree Oil, Zymaderm (donít waste money on this) and Imiquimod (Aldara) cream.  No single ingredient seemed to work. I was so desperate, I literally tried applying 100% acetic acid once. It burned like hell, but not even acid destroyed the lesion.  They are very resilient, but buckle up because youíre gonna need to be more even more resilient. 

Secret Ingredient.  Finally, I discovered the ďmagicalĒ secret ingredient, Hydrogen Peroxide Cream.   This cream works wonderfully on lesions and itís super cheap (about $3 a bottle).  Itís mostly used in hair care products as developer.  Just go to your local beauty supply store and ask for peroxide cream 40 power.  They come in different potencies (15, 30, 40).  Forty power is the strongest available for regular customers.  They do make a 50 power but in my state, you must be a licensed beautician to buy the 50 power peroxide cream.  Please be advised, however, that the cream does burn and sting.  Be careful not to use too much so you donít permanently scar your skin.  Try to apply the cream directly on top of the lesion as opposed to spreading it all around the lesion area.  This will help burn the lesion, not the surrounding skin.

How Does It Work?  The cream works by drying out the Molluscum.  Once the lesion has been significantly dehydrated, you can pluck out the viral center of the lesion with tweezers.

Thatís the good news.  The bad news, however, is that itís still no quick fix.  After I discovered hydrogen peroxide cream, it still took about 3 months of treatment before my lesions subsided significantly.  Why did it take so long?  Because after I would destroy one lesion, another one would appear in a different area on my body.  Iíve read elsewhere that the virus is contained only within the lesion, but I doubt if this is true because new lesions would appear in different places immediately after destroying one.  I wonder if itís actually contained in the bloodstream.

IMPORTANT:  As useful as the peroxide cream was, it didnít work by itself.  I used the ingredients and steps below to maximize the treatment:

1.    Panoxylís 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Face/Chest/Body wash.  Itís available at Walgreens.  Shower with this each day.  This wonít do much on destroying your existing molluscum, but it did seem to slow down the growth of new lesions.   It dries your skin out, but thatís what the next ingredient is for.

2.   Dr. Wheatgrasss Ė Superbalm.  When you get out of the shower and your skin is feeling dry and flakey from the benzoyl peroxide wash, use Dr. Wheatgrassí Superbalm as a moisturizer.  I donít know what it is about Wheatgrass, but this stuff really seems to work.  Itís expensive , but over the  course of 3 months I really noticed a difference in my lesions.  Also, I strongly recommend using the Superbalm, not the Recovery Cream.  The Superbalm is 300% more concentrated with Wheatgrass than the Recovery Cream.   Although the Superbalm is about $10 more than the recovery cream,  you get about twice the product thatís in the recovery cream.  I believe the Recovery Cream is about 2.5 oz and the the Superbalm is about 5 oz.  Dr. Wheatgrass is an Australian company, but their USA distributor is newbielink:http://www.grassfactor.com [nonactive]

Note: Steps 1 and 2 above should be considered daily treatments.  Do these steps every day.  The final steps below are performed only when targeting specific lesions.

3.   Hydrogen Peroxide.  When you want to target individual lesions, I recommend the following:
Wash the lesion(s) thoroughly with Hydrogen Peroxide (a bottle costs less than a dollar).  Wash with peroxide, let the lesion dry, and then wash with peroxide again.  Repeat 3-4 times. 
4.   Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV).  Once the lesions have been dehydrated with peroxide, soak cosmetic (make-up) cotton pads in ACV.  Place the soaked pad on top of the lesion.  Cover lesion with Tegaderm  Bandages (plastic waterproof bandages).  These bandages are expensive (about $15 per box), but donít gamble with any other bandage.  I tried other bandages and even duct tape, but nothing worked as good as Tegaderm.   They keep the ACV from drying which increases the amount of time the lesion is soaked underneath the bandage.   Leave the bandages on for about 18 hours.   
5.   Hydrogen Peroxide Cream.  After youíve left the ACV/Tegaderm bandages on for about 18 hours, remove the bandages. If air didnít get inside the bandage, the ACV should still be moist.  Your lesion should look significantly impacted by the ACV.  Sometimes it would turn my lesions white, other times black.  I believe the black ones were destroyed, while the white lesions still had the living molluscum virus active within.  If there are any doubts whether or not you killed the molluscum in the lesion, apply Peroxide Cream (the ďsecret ingredientĒ above - Salon Developer 40).  You can find this at Sallyís Beauty Supply or any other beauty stores.  Itís basically the cream used for developer when dyeing hair.  Please be advised that this cream stings and itís hard to endure, but it definitely works. If you can endure the burn for a couple minutes, this will help dry out the molluscum. 
6.   Tweeze.  Once the lesions have dried out and are deadm use tweezers to pluck out the viral center of the lesions.  This is supposed to be the part of the lesion that contains the virus, so be careful with it.  Just to be safe, even after tweezing I would apply another dab of peroxide cream.

Conclusion.  Again, please give the peroxide cream a try.  I think this might be the missing ingredient from all the proposed solutions.  My heart goes out to you.  Donít give up.  If you ever feel too depressed, go over to Youtube and watch videos about Small Pox and pox family viruses.  You could have it so much worse.  Molluscum is only a cosmetic hinderance.  Itís not going to kill you.  Be strong.

Offline adelinejg

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 01/03/2012 11:36:11 »
OMG I can't believe some of the treatments everyone has tried and how damaging to the skin they can be. 

We have pretty much successfully got rid of my five year old's molluscum which she had for about six months.  It was the second outbreak in her life, the first went of its own accord after about four weeks but this outbreak was particularly virilient - it covered most of her torso and was spreading although it didn't seem to bother her - but once it reached her neck and was visible above her school uniform we decided to try treating it.

Both my husband and I try to take a complementary approach to any medical treatment, believing in trying to work in harmony with the body.  As far as I can work out from my own research, molluscum is to do with a weakened immune system and so we felt it was appropriate to try firstly to support her immune system by increasing vitamin intake and ensuring her diet was healthy (no sweets!) and she was getting a lot of fresh air.

We had read a lot about Dr Bill Deagle, a US oncologist, who is researching treatments for cancer which are less damaging than chemotherapy etc. He does a small range of products through his company, Nutrimedical, and many of them are suitable for use to treat a variety of conditions.  For molluscum he recommends ionised silver (like colloidal silver but better quality/more effective) and a product whcih is basically concentrate extract of garlic, in both a liquid and a cream form.  They were quite expensive especially as we had to order from the USA but we thought they were worth trying.

Anyway, the products arrived on a Saturday and we started a three times daily routine of applying first the silver and then the cream topically, and then a number of drops of silver under the tongue followed by some drops of the garlic stuff.  Within two days we were amazed!  The rate at which the spots cleared up seemed to improve but what was most significant was NO MORE SPOTS!

It's now been just under two weeks since we started treatment and since then we have only had half a dozen new spots.  We now have one spot left which is a bit crusty but have had no new ones this week.  I would not be surprised if she is totally free of them by the weekend, two weeks after we started the program.

I know this might sound like a pitch for the company but it's not.  I would have bought the products in the UK but they aren't available.  I know it may be coincidental that the spots have cleared up around the time of the treatment - she also suffers from eczema breakouts and Dr Bill has a treatment for this whcih we are trying now we've got the molluscum sorted so I'll provide a follow up on success rate there.

I'm happy to provide any further info about treatment or where to get it.
« Last Edit: 01/03/2012 11:38:00 by adelinejg »

Offline morgana

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 18/03/2012 21:30:22 »
Hello everyone . its great to find this site, but not so great to see very few (apparently) of my age who have this; and also very few who  have it on their FACE! Ive had them for probably 8/9 months and was told by the doc that they would just go away; also that they were not very contagious.  They seem to be spreading. Having read this I am starting to drink ACV, but am very reluctant to put it on my face! I have ordered some of the homeopathic cream..... does anyone have any experience with facial MC? I havent until now been using seperat towels and will feel terrible if my family start to exhibit this  thing.
I know I am run down and have been drinking aloe vera for months now; shortly hoping to begin Kombucha tea once it has brewed.

Offline yonowantmc

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 20/03/2012 22:55:32 »
How old are you Morgana?

My boyfriend was just diagnosed with MC, and I of course freaked out! Anyways, we would frequently share the same towel so that may be one of the major reasons I have it. I have it at the top of my inner thighs and now I'm freaking out because I think I have it on my face. My doctor prescribed Retin-A micro has anyone had success with this prescription?

This is the worst thing ever especially for someone who suffers from anxiety problems life myself, the added stress is NOT needed. Someone help!! :(

Offline disneychic

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 23/03/2012 23:47:26 »
I got molluscum about 3 months ago, at first i thought it was just a pimple on by butt so i picked at it and needless to say it spread and i continued to shave and spread it all over my pelvic region the dermatologist said to leave it alone and it would go away.  I used vinegar it seemed to work some but it burned more each time I did it, it became very painful and it always came back after the scabs fell off.  I tried valcylovir, it didn't work at all!  I tried emuaid but it was so expensive i kept running out of product right when it started looking better and it would come back.  Do NOT use NAIR when you have this, it was like throwing gasoline on the fire!!!!  The only thing that seems to work really well for me was cimentidine (tagament)  I have been using it for 9 days and they are all gone on the pelvic region and just have a few bumps on my thighs where i shaved my legs, i couldn't take it anymore, DO NOT SHAVE if you can help it!  you have to take 30-40mg of cimentidine per kg of body weight so you have to figure out what your weight is in kg and then times that number by 30-40mg and that gives you the dosage.  i took 3 pills in the morning 3 at lunch and 4 before bed because i weigh about 51kg.  this is the only thing that helped me, i was starting to scar really bad from the vinegar treatments.  I found a website for dermatologists and they were posting each other about treatments for molluscum contagiosum and MOST of them said they use TAGAMENT but the dosage has to be high enough.  they said it usually takes a month for and adult to get all lesions gone, kids are less and easier to cure.  Molluscum was ruining my life!

Offline JoeBro

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 16/04/2012 18:21:26 »
Apple Cider Vinegar worked PERFECTLY and FAST for me. I only had under a dozen, but man was I impressed with it. Just used the cotton ball method overnight for one night, but used a lot to make sure they got killed.

Offline annabel

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 25/04/2012 09:17:25 »
My daughter has had molluscum for over 6 months and we couldn't get rid of it, after reading on here about tea tree oil we tried it in a carrier oil, (olive oil) and it has been a miracle cure for it, almost 3 weeks in she only has two spots left to heal, she had over 50 of them all over her body, we tried so many different lotions and potions before hand, this remedy cost very little and has been effective without any hassle to use and my daughter enjoyed treating herself by dabbing it on the spots with a cotton bud/Q-tip.

Offline annabel

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 25/04/2012 09:25:03 »
These critters are awful.. I still have them after 3 years and they still dont go away.. Recently, i went full core because they started appearing on my stomach and chest. Because of a large area, i am putting 2.5% BP all over and they are itching and inflammed. This is a good sign except i am worried i can get hypo or hyperpigmentation.
-Spot treat with zymaderm, totally useless
-spotted treated them with lemon myrtle but didnt do much. Smell is very strong, i diluted up to 23% with avocado oil which is toxic. But didnt see much results
- Next 10% BP, this works amazing on small ones but the ones that formed the head, it is useless. Though i read that i should be popping them.. I will try that because derm's visits are costing a ton
-Next, 0.05% tretinoid. This is mixed results. I tried it on one spot and alternating with BP and it caused a dark hyperpigmentation which it freaked me out. But it does work or at least a combination of both tretinoid and BP

I am also using 2% salicylic lotion all over my body and this is causing itching and inflamation on the infected areas.. This has put a big dent in my sex life, the fear of spreading to innocent people... But it is exactly how i got it.. Someone purposely infected me with his finger.

Try tea tree oil mixed in a carrier oil such as olive oil, it worked wonders on my daughter, we had tried lots of different things before this and none worked, I mixed it 2.5ml of teatree oil to 10ml of olive oil, 3 weeks later she has only a couple of spots left to heal and no new ones have appeared in over a week!

Offline annabel

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 25/04/2012 09:27:22 »
How old are you Morgana?

My boyfriend was just diagnosed with MC, and I of course freaked out! Anyways, we would frequently share the same towel so that may be one of the major reasons I have it. I have it at the top of my inner thighs and now I'm freaking out because I think I have it on my face. My doctor prescribed Retin-A micro has anyone had success with this prescription?

This is the worst thing ever especially for someone who suffers from anxiety problems life myself, the added stress is NOT needed. Someone help!! :(

try teatree oil mixed in a carrier oil such as olive oil, 2.5ml teatree to 10ml olive oil, worked like a miracle cure for us, gone in 3 weeks, no new spots have appeared

Offline annabel

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 25/04/2012 09:51:33 »

Bezoar
Chemical medicine are good but very harmful for face if you want to clear the pox mark from your face then you have to try any herbal medicine.

Bezoar
Chemical medicine are good but very harmful for face if you want to clear the pox mark from your face then you have to try any herbal medicine. Aloe vera is one of the best herbal medicine for face or skin. this will not harm in any matter and also purify your blood..

My daughter has had molluscum for over 6 months and we couldn't get rid of it, after reading on here about tea tree oil we tried it in a carrier oil, (olive oil) and it has been a miracle cure for it, almost 3 weeks in she only has two spots left to heal, she had over 50 of them all over her body, we tried so many different lotions and potions before hand, this remedy cost very little and has been effective without any hassle to use and my daughter enjoyed treating herself by dabbing it on the spots with a cotton bud/Q-tip.

Offline jeni2clean

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 25/04/2012 14:30:52 »
I have the most simple way to get rid of these with JUST WATER.  Stop all the chemicals, medicines, squishing, painful ways!  contact me jeni2clean@gmail.com.
My cousin's daughter had these and the dr said they'd go away on their own.  Izzi scratched at these until they bled.  I gave her 1 cloth and some water and by using the cloth 2 x's per day they cleared up and have never come back!
She did pass it on to her sister, and now Sami has been using the cloth and water and hers are just about gone as well!!!  :)

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 26/04/2012 03:58:59 »
jeni2clean is a  Norwex agent* ... https://www.facebook.com/Jeni2Clean/info

[* any resemblance with CIA / KGB / MI5 agent is purely coincidental ... http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=109613 ]

Offline mc13

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 05/05/2012 21:45:30 »
Hi,

I have had MC on my face in five spots for over 24 years. I got the first one from my daughter when she was 3 years old and the Doctor burned hers off with beetle juice. The Doctor never mentioned anything about them being contagious so I ended up catching one which has spread to the current five I have now. I have tried burning them off (ouch!) and it has left me with small scars, but they keep coming back after a few months. I have tried salicylic acid with no luck and more pain again. They are so stubborn. Can anyone suggest something for the FACE! Thank you

Offline peter4836

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 12/05/2012 16:20:16 »
The information is very interesting. Now I'm interested in the properties of vinegar.

Offline bhandari_nikhil

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 28/05/2012 14:35:20 »
My 2-year old daughter recently had molluscum and the doctors suggested extirpation or potassium hydroxide. I went for apple cider vinegar, though, thanks to some comments I saw here, with excellent results. I have captured my travails at

newbielink:http://www.infobarrel.com/The_Battle_Against_Molluscum_Contagiosum [nonactive]

Offline marysa

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 07/06/2012 05:32:34 »
I got diagnosed with Molluscum recently in the pubic area, I got prescribed Imiqudom (sp?) but haven't started it yet. Before I use the cream I've been applying tea tree oil morning and night and it seems to be drying them up. Has anyone had complete success with just tea tree oil? It seems too good to be true.

Offline Edenn_Jade

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 13/06/2012 04:32:26 »
New to this site -- hope I am posting correctly!

I am a 23 year old female. Last fall I noticed a bump "down there". I ignored it, shaved and a few days later more bumps appeared. I went to the doctor thinking the worst -- in my mind I had caught a case of the HERP! I was very relieved to find out I had molluscum instead. PHEW! It's been about 8 months, the bumps are still there. The doctor told me to just leave them & I have. They're almost gone, maybe two left -- stoked!

AND THEN...

A few days ago a bump pops up on my upper lip. Oh no! At first I think it's a pimple, I keep waiting for it to come to a head. Then I think it's an ingrown hair, YES, I wax my lip. A day or two goes by & I realize sh1t I have molluscum on my LIP! Cute, right? Last night I popped it, the waxy head came out. I dabbed it with apple cider vinegar but this morning when I woke up it looked exactly the same as yesterday BEFORE I popped it. I called my dermatologist and can't get in until next week.

Tonight I went and bought thuja, I actually just took my 1st 5 pills. I hope this works! I only have three bumps left -- just wish one didn't come up on my LIP for Christ sake!

I think I am going to re-open it tonight, pour some peroxide on it, dab some neosporin on it and then cover it with ACV for a while before bed.

Can't wait to get into my doctors office! I feel so ashamed -- I don't even want to make eye contact with anyone.

Offline Vanquish

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 11/07/2012 14:35:40 »
DONT FREAK OUT!!! You WILL get better!!

I want to thank this forum WHOLEHEARTEDLY for helping me get rid of the molluscum I had....in less than a week!

I wish I could tell you exactly what worked...but I tried the shotgun approach based on everything I read above.

First of all, I'm not sure how I got it. I'm a happily married man who has never cheated...not even once. But one day I woke up with something on the shaft of my penis. Kind of looked like a wart with a zit on top of it.  I didn't think anything of it for a week...thinking it was a zit...and just washed it with hot water...BIG mistake.  One morning after sleeping on the couch all night from watching TV, i woke up to find 20-30 wart looking things all over my stomach and thighs...and two more on my penis!  I was freaking out. What will my wife think? Will this ever come off? How can I go swimming?

Luckily I found this forum and it was fixed in a week.

1. The latex glove and scoop-out method. I used it.  Don't know if you HAVE to use the gloves, but I did just so I wouldn't spread everything. I used an individual safety pin tip, sterilized under boiling water to ***** open and scoop out the little white heads. I threw them away in a plastic bag along with each safety pin, then the latex glove. Digging out the white cores from my penis was a real eye-opener. I'm pretty fearless in life, but I did have to admit this was pretty extreme.

2. Cleaned with alcohol wipes.

3. Cleaned with Hydrogen Peroxide.

4. Washed with Benz Perox 10% face wash from CVS.

5. Applied Iodine. (Yes it stains, but i applied with a Q-tip for minimum problems. Using a fresh Q-tip each time)

6. Applied tea tree oil. (Same method)

7. Made a huge gauze pad soaked in Apple Cider Vinegar and taped it over all the sores. (Yes it can sting, but not much even after time)

8. Kept removing and applying that gauze every time I took a shower...in cold water. (Sucks but I wasn't chancing it)

9. Went to the doctor. He couldnt tell what I had since I had dug out everything. (I suggest going to the doctor FIRST so she/he can see what you've got...or at least take a picture before you dig). He prescribed something called Imiqod.  This stuff is EXPENSIVE cream. $28 for 1 application the size of a stamp. The doctor said it was the best.  I took one application and spread it way over all my spots.

10. Kept washing the spots with BP face wash in the shower.

After using the gauze for about 3 days...and then washing with BP creme, they just turned into little red spots. They're pretty slow to go away...but the marks are leaving.

OH...also I started taking Multi-vitamins since I was told that this was an immune response thing. With extra vitamin C.

hope that helps others!! Don't freak! It can be cured. Heck even Wikipedia says that there are 2 medicines that are 80% and 90%. Wish you all the best!

Offline exzacklyright

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 15/07/2012 05:31:23 »
If anyone else needs a chat buddy while going through this like me I'd appreciate it! I've had it for 2 weeks :[  Gonna try zymaderm / wheatgrass which i saw on amazon till I try ACV.

email me :)  with an appropriate subject!!!! then we can talk on gtalk/aim/msn or something.

exzacklyright@hotmail.com

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #349 on: 15/07/2012 05:31:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length