The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1466844 times)

Offline heathry76

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #350 on: 15/07/2012 19:47:46 »
I just had a case of Molluscum Contagiosum that I caught from a public swimming pool.  I'm 36 years old. I first went to the dermatologist and they use liquid nitrogen.  DON'T DO IT!  It doesn't work well, scars and does not stop the virus from spreading.  After much research, I decided to try all the over the counter and natural treatments.  The magical cure, and I'm telling you, magical-- I bought a spray containing three ingredients-- Tea Tree Oil, Colloidal Silver & Oregano Oil from [no advertising/prices please - Mod].  I sprayed it on 3-4 times per day on all the lesions. I used two bottles to cure it.  If I went out I covered each lesion with clear nail polish, after spraying with the spray. This is day 4 and they almost completely gone. I can't even tell where they were because they didn't even scar.  The only ones that made a scar were the ones the doctor sprayed with liquid nitrogen.  I also took Oregano Extract orally 2 times a day which helps cure skin infections.  So, it's 7 days after I was first diagnosed and it's basically almost totally gone.  I had it on my face, in my mouth and on my lips, on my hands, arms ankles and feet.  Also, eating tons of green veggies, drinking tons of water and getting plenty of sleep.  I used this forum when I was diagnosed and it eventually led me in to finding the cure I used and that worked.  So, put the effort into curing it and you can kick it in 7 days!!
« Last Edit: 15/07/2012 21:10:49 by peppercorn »

Offline exzacklyright

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 22/07/2012 19:35:44 »
Well... it's been about a month :[  . Zymaderm / Wheatgrass isn't doing much of anything.  After a night of ACV though I do see black spots or big white puffy yucky things so it seems like that's doing the trick. The problem are the smaller MC bumps. Not sure if ACV is doing much of anything on those.  I just have a big nasty area on my upper thigh that's all red so I'll let it heal before re-applying.

Offline suzzzzy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 04/08/2012 12:37:09 »
My son had MC several years ago which fortunately was confined to his chest and stomach area.  His pediatrician told us it would run it's course.  As the little buggers would form their white bump, I would carefully try to remove them but it hurt and left a couple of small scars.  While looking it up on the internet, I saw the posts about Tagamet (Cimetdine) and discussed using it with his doctor.  He said he didn't think there would be any side effects and we could try it. I believe the dosage was 40 mg per day.  We tried it and within two weeks, it cleared.  You could actually see the bumps that had the white cores turning a dark gray and it literally killed the virus from the inside out.  The pediatrician said it might have been a coincidence that they cleared then but I saw it myself and the Tagamet killed it.  Over the summer I noticed my niece had similar bumps and I asked her Mom if she had been to the doctor because it looked like the dreaded MC to me.  She had and I told her about the Tagamet but I'm not sure whether they tried it yet or not.  I noticed a bump on my neck and now on my chin for the past several weeks.  At first I thought hey twere pimples but given that I'm in my 40's and don't generally have breakouts, I'm thinking they might be MC.  Off to the drugstore, I'll be giving the Tagamet a try immediately just in case.  In any event, I won't be suffering from heartburn for a while!

Seriously though, if you or especially your kids get MC, try the Tagamet.  A generic of cimetidine works just as well and is actually what we used.  I wish for my son's sake that we had known about it right away as he suffered with it for nine months and still has some small scars from it.  We didn't note any side effects from the cimetidine, just confirm the dosage for your child with the pediatrician.  Good luck to all who are dealing with this.

Offline malex

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 17/08/2012 20:38:19 »
It seems like there's a little bit of misinformation being passed around along with all the good. A lot of vitamins and other supplements are basically pro-viral, so they're likely encouraging spreading the infection. (It also seems that people who mention using these things also report that "nothing" is working for them.)

Pro-viral things include alcohol, sugars, fats, carbs, (high calorie diet from any source), B vitamins, vitamin C, lysine is only (very mildly) antiviral while overbalancing arginine. That imbalance is very difficult to maintain without eating flavorless food. Combined with arginine, lysine not only loses any antiviral effect but actually becomes pro-viral. But by far, the worst recommendation of all is magnesium. Magnesium can be extremely pro-viral--maybe because it suppresses immune system activity. Zinc is immune-stimulating, but I'm as leery of taking pill-size amounts of it. The herb comfrey stimulates healing, so it may also stimulate viral spread. I would be very wary. I think it is quite a bit of a problem that people focus on potential benefits of supplements and fail to notice--often many--drawbacks. MILD calorie restriction would very likely be much more effective at clearing the immune attack/viral waste products than any of these additions.

Vitamin D is almost alone in actually being antiviral. It also activates/sensitizes immune cells. If you're trying to kick start your immune system, there's probably nothing better. It's action comes from increasing calcium utilization, so calcium could help too, but I think vitamin D deficiency's more common. Vitamin D is extremely cheap. (Note D3 is the only active form. High D2 intake can, in fact, lower D3 levels.)

Also, it seems likely the problem some encounter in treating their Molluscum is that some tenacious membrane(s) prevents the body from recognizing the virus. Digestive enzymes ARE in fact absorbed from the gut (at least on an empty stomach), and they help that way, but they can be used topically too. Indeed, topically they're already used by some against shingles and chickenpox (another pox virus), so it seems especially promising. They're also used topically to minimize scars, so double benefit. Digestive enzymes are also very cheap (especially pancreatin).

Offline sazerac

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 22/08/2012 19:37:17 »
I was helped by a user who posted here some time ago, so I thought I'd give something back to the forum in return.

Stop buying into all the snake oil product bullshit -- here is a guaranteed way to get rid of MC.

You will need:

- Napkins (preferably soft and thin)
- Disinfectant (I used vodka)
- Adhesive bandages

Here is the process, step by step:

1. Start by disinfecting the specific molluscum you are targeting and the area around it.

2. Grap a napkin and pinch that sucker. The idea here is to never let your fingers come in direct contact with the molluscum or the blood or gooey yellow stuff that starts coming out. Keep pinching and manhandling it until you are able to remove the yellow core (most of the time this will actually mean removing the whole molluscum). This will result in blood flowing more freely from the wound.

3. Disinfect thoroughly. It will sting like hell, but that's a good thing.

4. Apply an adhesive bandage and let it sit there for 1-2 days.

5. Let it heal for 1-2 weeks. Don't touch the healing crust formed above the wound, it will fall off by itself.

Yes, the method is crude without a doubt (and it will hurt), but it helped me get rid of my 25+ molluscum. Some of them will leave little scars, so that's something you have to live with. But I can honestly say that the scars I got were marginal. They're just little changes in pigmentation and nothing to really make a fuss about. And besides, there is really no guarantee that you will not get scars when (or if) they go away by themselves. They still have to pop in some way or the other.

Go slow with this method. First experiment by removing one of the molluscum, and then if you are pleased with the results, go ahead and get the others. Popping 2-3 at each session might be a good idea. You might experience getting a few new ones along the way, but that's normal. Just be thorough and continue popping.

Last but not least: I'm a 30 year old male. I wouldn't recommend doing this on your kids, because it IS quite unpleasant. For all you adults out there who can take a little pain however -- this WILL work.

Offline suziQ

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 20/09/2012 19:10:49 »
My 6yr old daughter sufferred from a severe case of Molluscum Contagiosum. After numerous trips to the dermatologist and being told to just let the virus run its course as a frustrated mom, I felt helpless. Living in Florida, the heat was unbearable and to keep the virus from spreading my daughter was miserable having to wear long sleeves & long pants to school. I tried ACV but my daughter couldn't stand the smell & she said it was making her skin sting. As a last resort, I ordered Dermallay figuring I had nothing to lose. Within 2 weeks of applying the ointment daily, my daughter's symptoms were completely gone! Unlike ACV, the liquid didn't "burn" my daughter's skin so this was a huge plus! If only I had ordered it 6mths sooner... My daughter wouldn't of had to suffer as she did. Dermallay is well worth ordering, I just placed another order so we have some just in case she has another flare up as school is starting soon and the virus is highly contagious. I just thought I would give you all an alternative option if it didn't work out for you!

- Suzi

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 21/09/2012 04:54:48 »
Only one "r" in "suffered" Suzi,  aka "Patsy82 from Boca Raton", aka another spammer .

Offline Nardies

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 14/10/2012 18:28:34 »
I took the time to join to share my experience with this horrible infection, and thank others for their help!

I had a regular check up at my local GUM clinic earlier in the year, and was given the all clear, minus some ingrowing hairs in my pubic region. Only they weren't ingrowing hairs, they were MC. I found this out shortly after the next time I shaved (with a less than sharp razor I might add!). A week or so later, a had a collection of ingrowing hairs/spots/pimples/warts, basically I wasn't sure what. Another trip to the GUM clinic and was told it was MC probably caused by my like for swimming and exacerbated by my shaving of my pubic region, but that it would clear up in two years anyway. TWO YEARS!!

Obviously this is rather a shock to the system, as it's quite a horrible looking infection in a...sensitive area for a 30 year old, or anyone sexually active I guess. So I took to Google and looked up treatments, including picking (painful and messy), clove oil (did nothing), tea tree oil (did nothing*). Then I read Helper88's post about using ACV, which did eventually work.

Essentially, I found you need to be militant in your approach to killing MC, so here's my tips:
  • Trim (don't shave) the affected area of hair
  • Soak some gauze in ACV and hold it on the affected region for 15-30mins(it should make the MC angry
  • After soaking, stick the gauze over the area using plasters, make sure it's completely covered, otherwise the area will dry out too soon. As stated before you need it on there for 16-24 hours
  • Remove the plasters in the shower, it'll hurt less!
  • *Although I said tea tree oil didn't work, after showering I wiped the area with tea tree oil
  • Don't have sex, or you'll make it worse and potentially infect your partner

That's all I did. I had it in total for about 3 months and now I'm completely clear. Yes, ACV stinks. Yes, no sex sucks. Yes, covering your self in plasters and such feel stupid, but for me at least it was short term pain, for longer term gain.

Thanks to helper88 for helping me get shot of this!

Offline Kaden

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 15/10/2012 18:47:23 »
Doctors are literally hopeless these days it seems. There is no reason why you should have to put up with molluscum contagiosum for months or even years or waste money on alternative medicine that doesn't work. I had the virus about 10 years ago which started from a cut to my back becoming infected, and it began to spread over my back and by the time I visited a doctor, there were close to 20 lesions. The doctor was able to diagnose it quickly by appearance alone, and the treatment of choice is anything that removes the viral core.

The molluscum contagiosum virus resides in a waxy core in the papules it causes, and once these cores are removed or destroyed, the virus goes with it. This means that removal or destruction of the core by needle, freezing, or burning is an instant cure as long as the core is completely neutralised. Any doctor who says you have to wait for it to go away is a moron or just lazy.

Any of these options cause pain and possible scarring however, and since I wished to avoid scarring I was offered imiquimod cream. As said by someone else, it certainly is expensive, but its worth it if you want a quick cure without pain or scarring. Imiquimod modulates the immune system, forcing your own body to eliminate the virus. It takes about 2 weeks maximum to see full cure. In this same way, cimetidine used to reduce stomach acid has a side effect of modulating the immune system in a way that is similar, albeit less effective than imiquimod, hence why it worked for the other poster.

Point is, if you have molluscum contagiosum, there's no reason to sit around waiting for your own body to recognise the virus after two years, or religiously apply everything you can find in your pantry in the hopes of naturally eliminating it in a somewhat shorter time span. Find a competent doctor and have him/her remove the cores or prescribe imiquimod. Thinking back to the four or so weeks I spent with the virus, I feel really sorry for the people who have been mishandled by doctors who don't know what they're doing and have had to spend months or years suffering from such a painful and embarrassing disease.

I'll finish with this last bit of insight, the virus can't survive contact with chlorine bleach. I had used the imiquimod for a week with good results and the lesions were crusting over and healing, but swimming in a friend's pool that had been overly chlorinated lead to the remaining few lesions spontaneously healing over the next two days quicker than the imiquimod alone could work. With this said, a bleach bath similar to the ones recommended to prevent and treat staph infections is likely to be effective in destroying the virus.

Offline shivb

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 26/10/2012 11:02:27 »
My daughter aged 3 had this problem for 2 months and it washed away with EPSOM Salt Bath. Not sure this will be the same case for others as well. But, worth to give a try.
Solution :
1) Drop 3-4 tea spoons of EPSOM SALT ( available in any   Pharmacy) in bath tub with warm water in it.
2) Keep your child in the tub for 15-25 minutes. (Refer other internet sources for EPSOM Salt Bath for Kids)
3) Do the same twice a day.

Offline Good Dad

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 13/11/2012 18:16:56 »
I found a topical liquid for a different skin ailment and cured my daughter and son of all moluscum "warts" within 2-3 days.  After application the moluscum bump, but not healthy tissue, turned black and then fell off in 2-3 days never to come back.  I told a dermatologist friend about this and he didn't believe it because there is no known cure for moluscum contagiousum.  However, I saw it with my own eyes and did it more than once so it was verified at least for me.  Send me am email if you want to learn more.  I don't want to post anything public because I don't want to get in trouble with FDA.

Offline nags

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 14/11/2012 04:21:19 »
I've been dealing with MC for about 6 months now.  For the first 5 I was waiting it out like the doc told me.  I then started applying ACV and quite a few died up and fell off.. But after about a week my skin was so irritated that I had to stop.  I'm now drinking a tablespoon of ACV 3x a day and will start reapplying directly in a few days when my skin is back to normal.
« Last Edit: 14/11/2012 04:22:56 by nags »

Offline WoundedOgre

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 18/11/2012 21:48:27 »
This is a virus, and you need something for viruses to cure it.
I used Lysol wipes that say "Kills the Flu Virus" on the container.
I squeezed one drop of this stuff into a little round band-aid and applied it, after three applications, it dried up and was picked off with a finger nail like a dried blackhead. I also rubbed each of the sites with these cloths regularly to irritate the skin hoping for an immune response.    Did this with each of the bumps and they're all gone now.

Lysol, when it was first created, was used as a womens' douche, so I seriously doubt it will hurt if applied externally.

Offline Les

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 30/11/2012 22:26:59 »
Our experience started about 18 months ago.  I saw two little spots on my two and a half year old granddaughters hand while we were on vacation.  Needless to say that was the beginning of a major ordeal.  These two inconspicuous little “dots” (my granddaughters name for her warts) manifested into a nightmare.  The “dots” began to spread.  They itched and were irritated after she would scratch them.  It was also becoming a social stigma for her.  I felt so bad for her when another child would say, “what’s that on your hands”.  She would say, “They are my dots and walk away”. It broke my heart!

My daughter took her to her pediatrician in the beginning and he said let it run its course.  After it began to spread to her other hand she took her to a local dermatologist.  The dermatologist prescribed a medication to put on her hands.  The prescription Imiquimod was $700.00 and the side effects for a grown person were unbelievable and here we were using it on a three year old.  These “dots” were consuming my baby(s) in every way.  We bought the prescription and started using it only to have the warts start up her arms and also on her knees.  It seemed anywhere she got a cut or scratch they would attack.  When my daughter found two on her face it was devastating.   

I had researched treatment and everything said, let it run its course, freezing, duct tape and Imiquimod.
I came upon a blog written in 2009 and the woman stated, “I should have written this a long time ago but I am getting around to it now”.  She said she did not remember the pharmacist but she did remember the pharmacy, Dartnells Pharmacy in Australia.

This is the good part, I Googled, Dartnells Pharmacy and sure enough there was a Dartnells Pharmacy in Surrey Hills, Australia.  There was an email address, info@dartnellspharmacy.com.au  I wrote to ask about the woman’s blog and got a reply that next day.  That was on the August 8, 2012.  I sent the email I received from them to my daughter.  I traveled to spend the weekend with her family.  Upon seeing my granddaughters little hands, arms and legs there was no question about it we were ordering the treatment.  I returned home and wrote to Les at Dartnells to place the order.  He replied right away and shipped out her order upon receiving my email. 

My daughter received the medication on Friday August 17, 2012.  I was away on a trip and forgot to ask if she received it.  The following Tuesday August 21, 2012 I remembered and asked about her “dots” her reply was, “they are gone”, and I did not believe her.  She took a photo and sent it to me.  All I saw was beautiful little pink hands.  I literally cried.  I am amazed to say the least.  I wrote and told Les at the pharmacy that I could not believe this to be true.  He said to continue until we could not see any of them anywhere then for one week after.

It is September 17, 2012, they have been gone since August 31, 2012.

I will continue to spread the word to others here and around the world.  This treatment works.

Thank you Les and all of Dartnells Pharmacy staff.  My thanks go out to the woman that finally wrote the blog that I saw.  Mostly I thank God for leading me to this information and that my little one started
Pre-K without any “dots”.

Sincerely,
Lisa Pecanty
United States of America

Offline klb7

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 08/12/2012 23:41:13 »
Dear All,
I wanted to share with you how I have recently treated my sons Molluscum contagiatum. My Son is 3.5YO and I think he picked it up from the pool. The cream the dr prescribed (Imiquimod) was very expensive and did nothing.
To combat the virus you need to boost your immune system as well as treat the spots. I started my son on a regime of daily vitamins, probiotic and sambucol (elderberry flower extract).
Topically I treated the spots as follows twice a day…
1. Apple cider vinager and water solution (make as concentrated as you can without the solution stinging) applying with cotton balls. This acts as an astingent.
2. Betadine to sterillize the area (apply with spray or cotton balls)
3. Barrier spray (liquid band aid). This stops any of the puss (the contagious part) spreading to uninfected skin. If your child will let you, you can pop them…my son went through the roof so I only tried that once!
I also gave my son baths that contained apple cider vinager. I know that you are not supposed to bath them but this seemed to help. Tea tree soaps and colloidal silver treatments are also supposed to help but we did not need to try these as it cleared up on its own.
Next I washed everything that came into contact with his skin. Tshirts, PJ and towels only used one. Wash in hot water (to kill the virus) and you can use tea tree oil as a rinse aid.
My son suffers from eczema which was aggravated by this treatment. DO NOT use a hydroquarterzone cream. This cream will reduce your bodies immune system which will allow the virus to grow stronger. I used a colloidal oatmeal treatment such as Dermaveen liberally on the affected area but do not rub in. This does not clear it up as quickly but will work.
We noticed an improvement in about 5 days. After 2 weeks it has almost gone. I think we will need to continue the oral treatments for the next 6 months to be sure and the topical treatments for a few more weeks.
I hope this helps someone. Best of luck.

Offline nags

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 20/12/2012 23:08:47 »
How are you guys actually mixing the lemon myrtle oil with olive oil?

Offline nags

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 21/12/2012 03:41:44 »
Ended up getting a small tupperware and using syringes to mix 1cc of lemon myrtle with 3cc's of Olive Oil.  Then applied with a Qtip

Offline nags

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 24/12/2012 16:15:19 »
Ended up getting a small tupperware and using syringes to mix 1cc of lemon myrtle with 3cc's of Olive Oil.  Then applied with a Qtip

Well that isn't doing anything at all.  I've since bumped the mixture up to 1:1.  Going on day 2 of 1:1 now.

Offline nags

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 08/01/2013 19:30:48 »
Lemon Myrtle Oil did NOTHING for me except burn my skin.  Back to ACV  >:(

Offline tyler_07

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 09/01/2013 02:15:35 »
Hey everyone!

I just registered on this site (finally) after reading all the threads about MC.  I was recently diagnosed last week on my penis and my sack.  I have been obsessing over the issue and feel like I will never get better.  I have read a lot of different remedies, and just got back from the store.  Here is what I got:

1) Clearasil Face Cleansing pads.
2) Mixture of Tea Tree Oil and Iodine.
3) Alcohol and Peroxide

After reading some of the threads today, I did break and squeeze some of the yellowish inside out.  It hurt like hell and bled, but at this point.  Im down for anything.  I will get back to the site after a few treatments and let everyone know how it is doing.  I also want to try the ACV treatments.  I just hope this can get cured.  Im trying not to think about it as its overcoming me. 

If anyone would like to add any of their successful remedies, or if you need a buddy to chat with while going through this (like me) Email me.  I would gladly like to talk to someone going through the same thing. 

I just started dating someone, and Im afraid to tell them.  So, I am putting off sex as long as possible. 

tyler!

Offline nags

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 25/02/2013 02:15:16 »
Same issues here.  Had almost every spot gone with ACV for about 2 weeks.  Then suddenly overnight I was covered again.  I'm currently trying ZymaDerm

Offline maria85

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 25/02/2013 22:43:44 »
Hey guys!! I have a question, I have molluscum on my face and I'm using a cream called Emuaid, it works pretty well but I have a question, should I clean my face with water and some kind of soap or facial cleanser? Because what I do is  clean my face with cotton balls and witch hazel but I'm thinking maybe this is causing them to spread! Help :( how should I clean my face?

Offline Good Dad

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 21/03/2013 03:33:12 »
I tried a cold sore medicine on my daughters molluscum warts and they usually turned black and fell off wiithin a few days.  The medicine isn't easy to find because it's only sold by dentists.  It's called Viroxyn.

Offline oliverstewart

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 21/03/2013 07:53:47 »
I am a 25 year old male and i was diagnosed molloscum contagiosum in January 2013.
I had nearly 20-25 spots spreaded on my sack and penis.
The last time i had sex was in June 2012 and I was protected. So I m pretty sure I contracted it from a public toilet seat or the gym.
Anyways, I was completely cured in only 1 month and the first time I realized that I had molloscum I read most of the entries here and I promised myself that if i ever manage to got rid of it, i would write here to help people out.

So here is what I did:
1. When you see something on your genitalia go see a doctor right away. Stop trying to diagnose on the internet and worrying yourself to death if it is HPV or a dangerous wart or something.
2. If you are prescribed Aldara. Go buy and use it! Because it works!
What it does is it helps your immune system to fight back the virus and you see that the spots are gradually dried out with the use of Aldara. So use it as it's prescribed! There is a reason why it's so expensive.
3. Shower every single day! You should keep the area clean.
4. Use an antibacterial liquid skin wash which has salicylic acid in it. It helps to dry out the spots.  I used Garnier's Pure salicylic acid purifying zinc face wash.
5. Don't wear the same underwear more than one day. Change them after each shower. And wash them in hot water.
6. Don't use a bath towel until you got rid of MC! Use paper towels to dry yourself after showers.
7. For God's sake DO NOT SHAVE! It's the worst thing you can do because it spreads out the virus. If you're feeling very uncomfortable with the length of your pubic hair just trim it with scissors very very carefully! Just be patient for a while if you really want to get rid of MC.
8. Take Echinacea, Vitamin C and B12 daily to boost up your immune system.
9. Most important thing is whenever you see that a spot is dry and look like it would easily fall off you should pick it off. To do it:
   - Buy a newtweezer.
   - Buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol (70 or 90% both are fine)
   - Buy a bottle of Betadine (a type of topical antiseptic)
   - Rub and sterilize the area with an alcohol applied cotton ball.
   - Use the tweezer to pick the spot. Make sure you remove all the white/yellow coloured puss.
   - That thing has the virus so make sure you have plastic/medical gloves on and wash the tweezer under running water every time you picked a spot.
   - It will bleed. Don't worry! It's normal. To stop the bleeing compress betadine applied cotton ball to the area and keep it there for a good 5 minutes.
   - You don't have to pick all the spots at once. Actually all the spots have a different life-cycle as they don't appear all at the same time. Like I said before, Just do it for the ones which look dried out.(Trust me, you can tell by their looks)
   - Apply an antibacterial bandaid to the open wound.
   - Leave the tweezer in alcohol for 30 minutes.
   - Trash the gloves.
10. I was usually doing all the picking sessions at night before I go to bed and then keeping a bandaid there for one day.
11. If you are using Aldara 3 times a week, do the picking sessions on the nights when you are not applying Aldara.
12. Don't get upset! Smile! Life is too short to worry about a stupid virus which will definitely lose against your body's immune system in the end!

So that's pretty much how I got rid of MC in a month. I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you all!
Stewart

PS. Sorry about the language,English is not my mother tongue but I think I was able to explain myself somehow.

Offline Lauren7

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 23/04/2013 20:05:25 »
I want you to remember something "IT WILL GO AWAY"

Remember that... this isn't some disease you will have for the rest of your life, this doesn't KILL anyone, it doesn't burn.. or itch.

It just actually looks gross and can effect your love life (For a SHORT TIME)

The longest it can last is 4 years.. hey could last a lifetime

I became infected in the summer of 2011. So Im going on two years now.

As an attractive 25 year old female, I was extremely embarrassed with only a couple bumps that I WISH i went in for right away. Thinking it was herpes or genital warts, and at first. I began CUTTING THEM OFF! (Ya bad idea with anyone who knows anything about MC) SO two bumps became 20, which became 40, which then spread to my buttock, and back of my legs to about 100.

I'm a massage therapist so I couldn't deal with the smell of the natural remedies

Year One:

ACV: I noticed a change of the bumps turning white, however I wasn't consistent with this method
because of the smell

ZYMADERM: Made a change right away by making them smaller, but they never disappeared and I spent about $90 on three bottles.

Lemon Myrtle oil: Smells ok, and gives you a clean feeling, however I didn't notice a difference.

Tea Tree: Didn't notice a difference, (I put it on at night and showered in the morning) but wasn't consistent with the three times a day, due to smell

Year two: (I started become desperate. I was ready to try ANYTHING)

Imiquimod: This stuff is expensive, and for me made me sick to my stomach. Its also made for genital warts and increases immunity. It doesn't smell and I saw more of a change on the small bumps than the big ones. If you're paying more than $100 for a box, its a waste of money.

Freezing: This worked for me. It doesn't hurt as bad as you think it, just dont let anyone look down there..It looks ugly. This is for the BIG BUMPS. I had to go in about 6 times, and I still have a purple like scar from some, but it was worth it. With my insurance the entire process total cost me over $250 total.

WHAT WORKED FOR ME!!!
******Coconut Oil: This was my FAVORITE CURE. I'm not here to sell you. I'm here to help you. You can buy this stuff at walmart or trader joes for like $6.No side effects. It doesn't smell.. It smells good!!! If you like coconut.

I found this out by accident because I started using it as a moisturizer. and I noticed one day all the bumps on my legs were gone.. I mean alot of them.

There was a study done with coconut oil extract:
newbielink:https://www.vmvhypoallergenics.com/skintelligencenter/published-studies/42-published-studies/76-coconut-oil-extract-2-monolaurin-cream-in-the-treatment-of-molluscum-contagiosum [nonactive]

Where 15 out of 28 people were completely cured.. I mean COMPLETELY all bumps were gone.

I'm not saying this is a save all. But if you have tried everything rather than spending $100 on people trying to sell you stuff. Try coconut oil.

I only put it on after I shower in the morning. and I have gone from 40 bumps to like three small ones.

Remember... This will end!!!! Good luck  :D :D :D :D

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #374 on: 23/04/2013 20:05:25 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums