The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?  (Read 1466553 times)

Offline Jessiraffa

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What is the treatment for molluscum contagiosum?
« Reply #400 on: 08/10/2013 20:25:42 »
Hello all. My 19month old has Molluscum. I have tried nothing except rubbing alcohol after every bath/shower since January when I found it on her. Now I am trying bentonite clay with apple cider viegar. Has anyone else tried this? it is very hard for me to ge her to sit for any length of time...these are our "mud baths". We live  where it is very hot all the time...we are in the pool or ocean at least once a day. i am going crazy looking for a cure. I have been doing the clay at least every other day for about 3 weeks. One "bump" just got huge and popped, but as she is allergic to bandaids, I keep swabbing it with alcohol.  I don't know what to do......

Offline mcv_dad

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 08/10/2013 22:59:26 »
I would recommend you go to this site no commercial links please and familiarize yourself with the different Growth Stages of molluscum and in bright light identify where mollusca are present on the child and in what Growth Stage.

Ensure you look everywhere including under the hair.  Check all members of the family in this way. Anyone with mollusca in any stage must undergo treatment. 

Children should stop having baths and shower instead. For babies, shorten the length of bathing and do not bath children together or in the same water. Do not share soap, towels, face cloths, or bath toys. 

Don’t let your child scratch the mollusca and they should wear long sleeve and long leg clothing. Change and wash clothes and bed linen more often and improve general hygiene by cutting fingernails and washing hands regularly.

Alcohol rubs don't work. It doesn't kill the MC virus. All pus head mollusca should be covered with tape if you can't use a bandaid. Go to  no commercial links please and check out the information there.
« Last Edit: 09/10/2013 21:46:59 by JP »

Offline Alli8308

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 01/11/2013 21:20:19 »
Dermallay cures molluscum!!!
I tried dermallay for my daughter as she had it on her face so I couldn't put just anything on there…certainly not urine or other creams that cause burning.

They say it's safe for babies and kids' faces so I ordered (it's about $20)

It's taking a little longer than I thought (going on 2.5 weeks now) BUT about 80% of the bumps are gone…she had approx. 30 on her, and the rest of them are shrinking and they all have scabs on them so I'm just waiting for them to fall off!

But it's all natural and looks like it's working so I'm happy!
« Last Edit: 01/11/2013 21:23:26 by Alli8308 »

Offline MadPat66

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 08/11/2013 22:20:48 »
My 10 year old was infected and I read page after page on the Internet about various "cures". We took her to see our GP who was basically useless and advised us not to try any of the methods I had read about on the Internet...thankfully, I took no notice to him.

I had read about Iodine and Lemon Myrtle Oil and Tea Tree oil and many other ointments etc, however, I found a clinical study which suggested Iodine and Tea Tree Oil in equal measure had seen positive results. Now I should mention here that I am one of the biggest sceptics there is, but just had to do something to try and help my little girl. The study had said that used in isolation neither was as effective, however, mixed it had been quite effective.

The iodine arrived first and I applied it the first night - without the magic effect I had hoped for. I was already thinking the whole thing was going to be a waste of time but waited for the TTO to be delivered.

The following night I applied the iodine and TTO with a cotton bud and went to
bed with my fingers crossed. The following morning I was quite astounded by the immediate noticeable improvement. The spots had shrunk, appeared to be drying up and were visibly less angry looking.

To cut a long story short I continued to apply the mixture each evening and sometimes in the morning before school. In 2/3 days the improvement was amazing and after about 10 they appear to have been defeated. There are small red marks left where they were, however, I believe these will fade in time.

Please do try this; it may not work for everyone, but both are readily available and it was like a miracle cure. There was no adverse reaction or side effects and is so easy to apply.

I rarely post things on the Internet, but felt I needed to offer a little glimpse of hope to people as I know how distressing this infection is.

Give it a go and good luck to you all in finding a way to deal with MC.

Offline zainjames

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 14/11/2013 19:49:21 »
Hello all! I suffered from this annoying pest of a virus and wanted to contribute some insight into treatment! Treatment that worked wonders for me! First of all I want to say to those, especially younger kids like me. If you contracted it from a sexual partner don't hate yourself and beat yourself up like I did. We're all human and make mistakes, just thank God it isn't something permanent or more serious. Just remember to know your future partners better and remember some people are dicks that lie  >:( I started by reading online that tretinoin gel is effective. It doesn't outright kill the virus but merely irritates the skin and forces an immune-response to the virus under the skin much faster. It needs to be prescribed so tell your doctor you would like it and explain the reason you think it's moscullum by its hard painful cores that are hard to dig out. Next I read aloe lotion will help as well as tea tree oil. I picked up soothings potion aloe gel for sunburns which contains both. Using these in conjuction I cleared my skin and had it looking.much better in as little as a week and a half. Before applying there contrary to popular opinion I suggest removing the under the skin bumps. This can be done with a sterile needle and.much pain and suffring squeezing out the hard cores to reduce autoinunculation. Some will be too deep to remove and please done try to squeeze the extremely deep ones as it will result in failure to remove and extremely red bloody and irritated skin. After popping apply the tretinoin for.immune-response and then the gel for natural antivirals and skin repair properties. My body cleared it in a week and a half and I'm a heavy smoker!!! (Don't smoke though that's won't help). This treatment worked wonders for me and I wanted to share it in hopes that it would help others, however all bodies are different and I can't make a guarantee. If you have a partner and you both.decide to engage in intercourse with both knowing of it and consenting I suggest gause pads on the infected area to prevent the spread. Under armor pulled down to cover the area is also a good idea. This isn't full proof and I don't suggest intercourse during a flare-up but in case you can't wait... Also if it clears up but comes back don't freak out, your body is still cleaning it. Just proceed to treat until you no longer see outbreaks. Extra sleep helps too! Thanks for reading and I hope this works for you!!!

Offline momof2

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 22/12/2013 07:25:04 »
My 4 year old son began with just one bump on the inside of his knee. I thought it was part if his eczema flare ups that he would sometimes get on his thighs and just left the bump alone. Then it turned into 3 bumps, then bumps on both knees. About two weeks after these bumps appeared my sons preschool teacher brought to my attention that her daughter had this virus called Molluscum and said my sons bumps look exactly like it and it is awful to get rid of. That day I took him to the pediatrician and found out the bumps were indeed Molluscum. The dr said freezing them off was out of the question because there were too many and he suggested waiting it out, 6 months to 2 years for the bumps to go away on their own! Another option was some blistering lotion that could scar and is painful. I decided to wait it out and read all about the virus online. After much research I decided to try Clove Oil on the bumps. After a few days, one lone bump below his armpit disappeared but then after a week the clove oil began to irritate his skin. I stopped using all lotions and oils in order to prevent spreading the virus. Then over thanksgiving break the bumps spread to his elbows and probably had a total of 40+ bumps on his elbows and knees combined. I decided after the holiday weekend I would call the dermatologist and look into the blistering lotion, but in the meantime I decided to try Purification Oil from Young Living on the bumps, which is generally used for skin irritations and bug bites and stings. I put 2 drops in each pump of Curel Anti Itch lotion and rubbed over his arms and legs. I began this regimen on thanksgiving night and by Sunday ALL BUT TWO BUMPS WERE COMPLETELY GONE! I did not have to call the dermatologist come Monday. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now, his skin looks perfect, no bumps or eczema flare up and no scars or pain! I know what works for some people doesn't work for all but this worked like a miracle for us and I hope it can help others too. Again, the oil I used was Purification Essential Oil Blend from young living. Hope that helps! 

Offline mcv_dad

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 22/12/2013 08:23:13 »
It is a pity that people use these forums for blatant marketing. The claims here are totally unsubstantiated. There is no literature, research, or even other internet comments supporting these claims. On the other hand, there is enough literature to support the use of apple cider vinegar, clove oil, pure coconut oil and potentially iodine to have some faith that these ointments separately and in combination can manage and cure molluscum contagiosum.

Offline bravo888

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 08/02/2014 22:02:35 »
So I got MC, from sharing a towel with my room mate, for 6 months and i found that ACV worked amazingly to get rid of it. However I just spent a week in the tropics where it was constantly warm and humid and I guess it started up again

I did all of the sudden get a couple of tiny, barely visible, just bellow the head under the foreskin so I went with the same ACV treatment and it worked...I think. The t bumps turned white then dark brown/black in the middle which means the MC should be dead. So I began applying vitamin E oil to it right away to help it heal and they just turned white and back to normal without falling off.

Does anyone know if it doesn't fall off if its still there? I mean if it turned black it should be dead right?? not sure what to do. I just tried scrapping it with a needle and it started bleeding right away. Not sure what to think.

SHould I keep applying over and over even after its black or no? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline That Guy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 14/03/2014 23:38:03 »
MC seems to be fairly common, yet the amount of information online is relatively small. Just like I was in the beginning, you're probably in panic mode scouring the internet for anything and everything MC. I'll share my molluscum story, in hopes of helping anyone else out there.

I'm a 26 year old male with no health issues. About two months ago, the head of my electric shaver I use for man-scaping was no longer useable and I didn't bother shopping around for a replacement head. So, I switched to shaving with a razor. I have fairly sensitive skin so shaving my chest, stomach, and genital area would typically result in an in-grown hair or some irritation here and there. I don't mean to be explicit or use the wrong type of terminology, but I'd like to be somewhat accurate for anyone who may relate/have a similar situation.

On the upper, right side of my scrotum near the start of the shaft I shaved over what I figured was nothing more than a red bump that may have been an in-grown hair or pimple. It bled quite a bit, which seems odd but I didn't think anything of it. A day or two later I noticed a small, flesh colored bump in the same spot that I thought was a scab from the previous shave. Nearly a week later I shaved again and it bled just as much. The next day I noticed two little flesh colored bumps a couple inches below my waistline, 3 random bumps near the original bump, and one on the right side of my scrotum a little further down from the other 3. This is when I knew something was up. Like many of you, I continued to shave to keep an eye on everything.

DO NOT shave. Any razor(s) you were using throw out immediately. Shaving pops, aggravates, and spreads the virus. From now on, only trim the hair with electric trimmer and attachment.

I whipped out my laptop but had no clue what to even search for. Eventually, I came across molluscum contagiosum pics that looked exactly like my problem. I was fortunate, because I didn't have patches/clusters like the majority of things I read online. I only had about 7-10 bumps around my genital area and on my inner right thigh directly across from the original spot I shaved that bled. After hours of searching, reading, and panicking, most of what I read said the virus goes away on its own and was slightly less stressed out. Most people mentioned freezing them off, so I picked up one of those cryotherapy do-it-yourself packages from a local convenience store. I was too embarrassed to even consider going to a doctor and went ahead to freeze each one myself. The skin flashes white, freezes, and then leaves a red mark that lasts at least a week. Now I was even more embarrassed because I've got these odd marks on top of odd, flesh colored bumps but I was sure I cured the situation.

The next day I showered and checked things out as if they'd magically disappear over night. Was too focused on checking things out to even realize I was cold with goosebumps and immediately mistaken themas hundreds of new MC all over my scrotum. My heart dropped, I felt disgusted, so ashamed, and almost passed out from letting my thoughts get the better of me.

Right away I tried to figure out who/what caused this virus. I did have sex with several different girls that past year, always wore a condom, but this MC issue came up a good 5-6 months after the last time I had sex. I was scared this was an STD but was confused why I was having a breakout now. At this point, I pretty much fell off the face of the earth and abandoned talk with the couple girls I was interested in. I didn't want to pass this on to anyone and I couldn't bare the embarrassment of someone seeing/knowing. Right back to the internet I went...

As far as the freezing treatment, I went really easy with the freezing because I was worried about scarring or pigmentation changes like I read about online. Since I went light on the freezing, only 2 or 3 of the MC bumps turned black and disappeared. Hundreds more did not develop. Once I calmed down, I realized it was just goosebumps from practically standing naked after a shower and not fully drying off.

I began treating MC just like you would with acne, but I was even more persistent. I no longer used regular soap in the genital area since fragrances in soap can cause acne/blemishes. I picked up acne body wash with 2% salicylic acid, lightly rubbed in the genital area and let it soak for at least a minute before washing off. When drying off, dry the unaffected areas of the body and dry the affected area(s) last. Fully dry the area because MC thrives in warm, damp situations. Right after drying, I applied 10% benzoyl peroxide gel (most acne treatment departments have this for like $5) covering affected and surrounding areas. Once that dried, I would powder the area with baby powder for added measure of everything staying dry. I did this twice a day. Once in the morning and again at night. You want to keep the affected skin as dry as possible. The benzoyl peroxide dries skin out quickly to the point where it flakes off and new skin can grow.

Everything started clearing up within a week of doing this twice a day, everyday but I noticed the MC bumps were not fully going away. I began to worry again and right back to the internet. I learned MC, for adults, is typically contracted from sex so I was really paranoid that I now had an STD. MC is technically an STD but it does go away once the virus is eliminated. From all of the research I've done, MC lives on the skin and is not something that travels through your blood. Weakened immune systems are very common with MC.

I am in really good health, been a runner for years, go to the gym almost every other day, rarely ever get sick, but I don't eat particularly healthy since I'm so active that I burn all of the calories and then some. At this time, I stopped drinking alcohol & stopped eating junk food to help fight off MC. To strengthen my immune system I picked up vitamin A, C, D and E. I already took a multivitamin every morning but figured percentages were low and upping A, C, D and E would be beneficial, especially since those 4 vitamins are great for hair, skin, and your immune system. That does not mean down bottles of vitamins. Too much of any vitamin can be harmful and even throw off another essential vitamin level, so be smart and keep things within daily values. I stopped running to eliminate the chance of sweat and friction in the genital and thigh area and kept up with lifting at the gym to keep up good health/stress relief. Also, started eating more vegetables and fruits. You want to add lots of colored fruits/vegetables to your diet. All of them contain specific vitamins that really should replace the need for vitamin supplements.

Things were looking up. I was feeling better, eating better, and regaining my state of mind from the embarrassed and panicked shock it was in. MC can be a warning sign of other STD's so I'd recommend getting tested at this time, if you haven't already. Getting those negative results back is part of having a peace of mind that MC will not ruin your life and will pass.

A week later I still had a few of the flesh colored bumps I started with even with all of the changes and routinely keeping the area treated. I got fed up and annoyed because it wasn't totally cleared up and my friends were wondering why I practically disappeared from life. What I did next may be a bit much for some people and I definitely wouldn't recommend on children, but this is what worked for me on the remaining, pesky MC that wouldn't go away...

The MC virus is that hard, white core in the center of the bump that makes it look somewhat like a pimple. Before I showered, I gathered some tissues, hydrogen peroxide, cotton balls, and tea tree oil for later. I used the nail of my thumb, pushed under the MC (yea, I was afraid to touch the area thinking I'd only spread it more), and used the thumb nail of my other hand to push against the MC to get the core out. It will bleed a lot but you will feel and see the white, waxy molluscum core. Make sure you push the entire core out otherwise it'll still have that white core the next day and could be a little painful to push out. Once you pushed the core out, quickly get rid of it into a tissue, dip a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide, and let it sit over the bleeding bump. It'll burn/tingle but let it do its job and keep it there for at least 30 seconds. Repeat on any other bumps. If anyone is wondering, pushing the core out did not hurt at all. I saw a lot of people who cut the core out which really seems extreme when you can push it out.

I then showered and washed the area with 2% salicylic acid acne wash, dried off, dipped a cotton ball in tea tree oil and applied to any area infected with MC and even the surrounding areas for safe measure. Tea tree oil is very potent and very powerful. It will tingle, feel pretty refreshing, and smell pretty bad but it's going to dry out your skin a lot more than benzoyl peroxide does. Tea tree oil is very, very good at cleansing the skin and killing bacteria. Within about 3 or 4 days of removing the MC waxy core, immediately cleaning with hyrdrogen peroxide, and then coating in tea tree oil I have amazingly cleared my skin of MC. The tea tree oil even helped clear my skin of the couple bumps that I froze for too long. They left red marks that were taking forever to clear but the oil seemed to speed up redness relief. DO NOT use any type of creams on the MC. Most creams hydrate the skin and/or make for damp conditions that spread MC. You want the affected areas as dry as possible at all times.

Like I said in the beginning, I was very fortunate to only have a few MC bumps which I quickly and very aggressively worked at changing my diet, boosting my immune system, and treating the MC directly. Everyone's body is different, so what I cured in a short amount of time may take a bit longer for the next person. I did not go to a doctor by my own choice. I did get tested to make sure I'm STD free. Everything I read online mentioned doctors either misdiagnosing and mistreating MC as another type of STD or recommended waiting it out, which can mean waiting upwards of 4+ years! If you don't want to wait 4 years, you need to be proactive and get healthy fast. 

Being MC-free is a HUGE relief. It's physically and mentally draining. I'd say more mental than anything. I'll try to check this forum if anyone has questions, comments, or whatever. There are tons of stories out there. This is my story and my quick recovery of a virus I never want to deal with again. I hope this helps someone.

Offline mom-5

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 22/03/2014 15:50:33 »
I have spent over $1000 at the dermatologist without any luck.  I spent $12 on Compound W Fast-Acting Gel and it worked like a charm.  I tried Compound W from the bottle but that dried up too  quickly before I could apply it properly.  The gel is perfect for applying it exactly where you want it especially when your child is moving around.  Squeeze a small droplet to completely cover the molluscum.  It will take a couple of minutes to dry and will sting a bit (the sting is worth it).  I give my children something to occupy them while I apply the gel and the stinging stops in a few minutes.   The gel will form a hard cover over the molluscum and it irritates it enough to make it turn pink/red.  Within a day or so it will start killing it.  I leave the gel on my children and don't touch it unless it looks like it's going to come off.  Sometimes you can pull the gel off (after several days) and the white core will come out with it.  On occasion the gel will wash off in the shower and you'll need to reapply, but for the most part it will stay on for many days.

Offline mcv_dad

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 23/03/2014 06:08:00 »
Compound W Fast-Acting Gel is a wart treatment. Many people have had success with different wart treatments for molluscum when the molluscum is moving to the pus stage. At this stage when the bumps have a white pus head they are easy to identify and treat. But, it is likely that if you have molluscum at this stage you also have clusters of small almost invisible molluscum bumps covering larger parts of your body. Wart treatment is far to severe to spread over these. Also, molluscum which have burst and become infected can not be treated with wart lotion, it would sting far to much and not contribute to the elimination of the infection. Best to use a range of treatments to do this.

Offline Brad42312

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have this under control
« Reply #411 on: 09/04/2014 02:31:52 »
First of all, don't think you have a weak immune system because you have these suckers. They can attack a perfectly healthy body. I noticed a bump near the top of my butt crack a couple months ago and I picked at it. A white top came off and it bled like crazy. I knew then this was not your normal pimple. I got a mirror and noticed maybe 5 or 6 additional, smaller bumps mostly between my sack and anus. And no, I haven't had sex in that area. I'm thinking I got this from the gym because a couple months before that I had some pimple like growths on the back sides of my thighs which later went away. Anyhow, after researching pictures, I made a diagnosis of Molluscum. I also read they are difficult to get rid of and they usually go away in a few months. I didn't want to wait a few months, so I made a plan to attack these head on. I didn't do all bumps at once because I wasn't sure if my method would cause spreading or not and I didn't want a bunch of healing sores in that area at one time. I scraped each bump with my fingernail, sometimes pinching it between my thumb and forefinger nails until I had the top removed. Then I squeezed it some more until I got any debris out that I could. Mine bled quite a bit but I just let it bleed out good and dabbed off the blood with toilet paper. Then I soaked that sucker in 90% rubbing alcohol. Drowning it good. Rubbing it in to make sure it got into the sore good. I kept toilet paper in place until the bleeding stopped which, in my case, was just a couple minutes. So far I have not noticed any additional MC's in that area except for a couple and I attacked them the same way. When you shower, dry off the infected areas last and don't rub the towel across your skin. Pat dry instead. A rough towel can break open the MC bumps and spread them to nearby areas, even all over your body if you don't dry the area last.  Also, for good measure, I would occasionally (maybe once or twice a week) pour some alcohol in my hand and rub it all over my bottom parts. Not sure if that helped any, but perhaps some of it was absorbed into the MC bump. But some people may be too sensitive to alcohol if spread over larger areas. Good luck with whatever method you choose.
« Last Edit: 09/04/2014 03:05:50 by Brad42312 »

Offline mattee6

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 09/04/2014 03:51:27 »
I have not read all of the other posts, but just wanted to put it out there.  My son had these on his neck and chest.  I used Oregano oil to get rid of them.  The Dr said that they would just go away, and then they did not.  So, we tried a few things that helped a little, but after months of treatment, and they were still there, we tried the Oregano oil (bought online from Amazon 100%)  I did not cut it, be careful it can really burn.  I took a tiny bit on a pointy Qtip, and put it on each site.  Totally gone now.  Good Luck!!

Offline anon1

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 10/05/2014 01:57:44 »
Hello,
I registered on this site because I wanted to thank everyone for their contributions on this topic. I got this virus a couple of months ago and it was very stressful, so reading people's recovery stories really helped when it was getting me down.

I can say that I no longer have the virus due to treating it successfully over 2 months. Everyone has their own ideas on how to treat it, so from reading the majority of comments i felt that apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil were referenced a lot, so I went with that.

- I showered using tea tree oil soap on the affected areas. ( I did not use the soap anywhere else in case of spread). I would dry the area using tissues and not the towel I used for rest of body
- For day and night, I would dip bits of cotton wool into apple cider vinegar (dilute if it stings too much - it is acidic) and press them against the affected area, keeping the wool in place with small plasters.
- I took zinc and vitamin e tablets (beneficial for assisting skin problems.)

The growths really don't like the vinegar and over a few days they dried out and disappeared.

By isolating the affected area from the rest of the body you will avoid too much spread and you can focus on killing each growth individually till they are all gone.

Be persistent and keep your head up!

Offline mcv_dad

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 10/05/2014 11:03:42 »
There is plenty of research and information around about molluscum treatments. Rubbing alcohol (surgical spirits as it is called in some countries) is known not to be effective but there is quite a lot of evidence that apple cider vinegar is effective.

There is also some scientific research to support the use of unrefined coconut oil and also evidence that clove oil has effective in treating molluscum. These treatments should reduce and eliminate the bumps with a week or two. The best site to give an overview of these treatments is called "Cure Molluscum Contagiosum". It provides a range of natural treatments procedures.

There are also a number of commercially available pharmaceuticals. MolluscumRX, Molludab etc. Detailed reading of reviews of these products is not as convincing though. Many sufferers claim success using them but only after many weeks.

My whole family got molluscum after my young son contracted it at pre-school. Our dermatologist said the usual "don't worry about it". So we didn't until everyone had it - and in the case of my son, hundreds of bumps! Anyway, apple cider vinegar, clove oil and coconut oil is the go.

Offline PhisKid16

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 29/06/2014 04:36:11 »
While I am not a doctor, yet, I do want to share my story in hopes that it will help others treat this pesky virus as easily and quickly as possible. To start, I am a healthy 25 year old male with a masters degree in physiology and biophysics. I say that, not to "degree drop", but rather to let you know I have searched far and wide, through numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals, past and present clinical studies, internet forums, blogs etc. After all of my research I can safely say that no one has the cure-all for molluscum, it is highly understudied, and many doctors are not as familiar with it as they would lead you to believe (so be informed, and ask questions).

I contracted the molluscum contagiousum virus on a family trip to Florida. Unlike most adults my age, I did not contract it sexually, but rather through a pool/ hot tub at our resort. I remember distinctly cutting myself while shaving during the week of the trip, and a few weeks later (3-5 wk) I noticed one or two small flesh-to-pink colored bumps just below my beltline. Since I shave down there regularly, I thought they were just ingrown hairs or possibly pimples. I, stupidly, shaved over them cutting the highly contagious heads from their bodies and basically painting them around. The virus spread quickly and before I knew it, I had 15-20 bumps in the area and it continued to spread 'south of the border'.

Terrified, and being the researcher that I am, I looked up every STI, skin condition, and hair follicle disorder that I could find. Thanks to Google images, I was able to quickly identify them as the Molluscum Contagiousum Virus or MCV. I immediately made an appointment at with my GP and brought all of the information that I had found online about MCV. My doctor was able to identify them (actually just agreed with my self-diagnosis) and said that the 'best' (aka only) treatment was to freeze with liquid nitrogen, so I had that done. It was extremely painful to have liquid ice-fire pressed against my manhood and while it worked for some bumps, others simply opened up and reinoculated the surrounding healthy tissue so I had to repeat the treatment once a week for the next 3 weeks. The doctor also wrote me a prescription for Aldera, which I believe is for genital warts, but it was over $200 for a one month supply and there was no guarantee it would work any better than a natural remedy.

Realizing that each liquid nitro treatment was leaving pretty heinous scars (were applied with a Q-tip which is much larger than each molluscum, thus burning the surrounding healthy skin), and they were not containing the virus, I decided to look for a less aggressive and more homeopathic/ natural approach.

I found Zymaderm in my local CVS pharmacy and was ecstatic to give it a try. I had read online that tea tree oil used in combination with zinc helped many people and this little bottle had both ingredients in one! After two weeks of treating each molluscum twice per day and covering with bandaids I saw no real improvement, and the bandaids began to leave residues, and irritated my skin. I came to this blog, and saw that people had luck with tea tree oil, so I ordered some pure TTO and went to Trader Joes to purchase some of the soap.

I came back with tea tree oil soap, bodywash, and face wash (yes, overkill- but I was determined). While I knew tea tree oil could cause skin irritation (thanks to this blog) I applied liberally with Q-tips, hoping to be quickly done with this ordeal. After a week or so of treating the whole area with tea tree oil, and the individual molluscum with the Zymaderm, I suppose my body couldn't take it anymore. I developed large, painful, red rashes on either sides of my thighs, and genitals. Needless to say this was not a pleasant addition to the, now dry and itchy, skin surrounding the molluscum. I couldn't help but scratch/ adjust some during the day, and they began to spread even more.

Feeling defeated, and somewhat depressed I went back to the internet for a solution. I came across reply #391 on this feed that talks about the apple cider vinegar and duct tape. I am only on the third day of this treatment but can already see some improvement. After 1-2 treatments the heads became a white-to-yellow hue and very "soft" looking. One or two of the molluscum have already turned black, and I feel confident that they will fall off within the week.

Although I have not beaten the virus I wanted to share a few tips, supplements, and improvements to the previously posted protocols that I have found work very well. My hope is that my post will be a comprehensive protocol for treatment of MCV and will save you the roughly 2 months of painful, unpleasant, or ineffective treatments.

I. Rules for those with the Molluscum Contagiosum Virus:
1. Shower daily! - Even twice per day if you have been sweating during the day. (sweat and baths will spread the virus)
2. When showering, DO NOT rub, scratch, or scrub the area. - Instead, lightly apply a gentle facial cleanser (I use Cetaphil), or tea tree soap to the area, and let coolwater gently wash it off.
3. Use a fresh towel each and every time you shower. - NO exceptions! Be sure to blot, not drag, the towel on the areas that are infected with molluscum, and leave those areas for last.
4. Wear airy boxers/ underwear always (if molluscum is in nether regions). - The friction of boxer briefs can irritate and cause further spreading - trust me on this one.
5. Wash used towels and underwear daily in hot water. - If this is not financially feasible, just designate one laundry basket as only for MCV affected garments. This may seem like overkill, but the virus can survive on damp clothing/ towels for longer than a couple of days. (be sure to wash your hands after doing the laundry)
6. DO NOT SHAVE!!! - Instead, trim the area carefully with a trimmer and guard. Then, go over individual molluscum with scissors, cutting the hair as short as possible. This may sound tedious (believe me it is), but trust me- you want to be able to see them all, and having less hair will make things cooler down there- which gives you an advantage.
6. DO NOT HAVE SEX!!! - This is a surefire way to spread them to your partner, and a guaranteed way to further spread them to yourself. I was lucky, you may not be...
7. Avoid pools, hot tubs, gyms, yoga mats, and anywhere else you may spread the virus. - This is for your well-being as much as it is for others. If you are a gym rat like me- lift weights! Any cardio will cause unwanted friction, and a sweaty undercarriage is a breeding ground for MCV. MCV thrives in hot tubs and pools, and gym equipment/ mats follow the same rule as towels.
8. Always be aware that you have MCV. - As if you could forget, right? What I mean is to be aware that anytime you touch, adjust, move, sit, stand, bend over, your body (and possibly mollusucum) is coming into contact with other areas. It only takes one scratch to reinoculate yourself- and that is the worst! Mine spread from the side of my groin to the part of my inner thigh that touches when I sit - so be aware of what parts rub against where, when, and do your best to avoid these easy inoculations. Also, keep affected areas covered with clothing and cover actual molluscum with bandaids or tape until you decide which treatment to use.
9. Do not use lotion, Vaseline, or any other moisturizing creams in the affected area. The idea is to dry them out and kill them, so why would you hydrate your skin, essentially giving them what they want the most? (I found this out the hard way after using coconut oil/ Vaseline in the areas near the infection).
10. DO NOT POP THEM!!! - I cannot stress this enough. I see others on this blog suggesting squeezing them between fingernails or tweezers as a treatment, and unless you are a physician using lab-grade, sterile, autoclaved equipment do not even think about it. I did use aseptic technique, and surgical-grade, sterile tools, and they still spread. It is simply not worth the risk.
10. Most Importantly: Do not give up! - It is easy to become discouraged and lose hope but remember - This is a battle, and one of you has to win, so why not come out the victor? This virus has a way of bringing down even the most confident individuals and it can happen to anyone, even those of us who work in the medical field and have great hygiene so remember- you aren't dirty, tainted, or alone - so chin up kid!

Below is an adaptation to a treatment protocol mentioned in a previous post. So while I didn't come up with it, I think I have improved the method, and made the protocol slightly more user friendly.

II. How to Treat The Molluscum Contagiousum Virus:
1. Immediately after a shower dry the area with a towel or fan and sit on the toilet or side of the tub, being careful not to touch either surface with infected regions of skin. (I.E. don't sit down if they are on your butt)
2. Cut duct tape into thin strips, roughly 1-2 inches long with a width between a USB port and a BIC pen. (trying to use nonscientific measurements). You will need 2 strips for each molluscum, unless they are very close together.
3. Cut cotton balls or, as I prefer, cotton rounds/sheets into very very small pieces and ball them up. - Here you want to remember how small the molluscum are, and try to get the balls to a proportional size. Less is more, as they will be dipped in pure apple cider vinegar, which is highly acidic and will burn whatever skin it is left in contact with.
4. Dip the cotton balls into pure apple cider vinegar (place into a bowl first). - This must be pure and organic. I used Bragg Organic Unfiltered ACV and would recommend it.
5. Remove the cotton ball from the ACV and squeeze to get out any excess liquid.
6. Wipe your fingers off with a paper towel, as the duct tape will not stick on a wet surface, and you will have trouble placing it with wet fingers.
7. Place the ACV-soaked ball of cotton on the head of the molluscum and hold with one finger.
8. With your other hand, pick up a piece of your pre-cut tape and place it over the ball, like you would a bandaid. Be sure to pull the skin slightly taut with middle and ring fingers to help the tape stay. (I will admit, this takes some dexterity, but with practice you will get it down.)
9. Place another strip of duct tape perpendicular to the first so that it forms an X, with the ball in the middle of both strips. - This will allow you better mobility (important for male genitalia) and will hold the cotton to the areas you want it.
10. Wash hands or keep an alcohol wipe handy. You do not want to spread your molluscum while you are trying to treat it, so be mindful which fingers you use where, and where exactly you are touching with said fingers.
10. Repeat with each and every molluscum until they are all covered. (Leave no molluscum uncovered - it only takes one)
11. Leave on overnight. Try to sleep on your back with legs slightly spread to avoid moving the tape. (The last thing you want is acidic ACV on healthy areas - especially down there)
12. Remove tape prior to morning shower. I recommend showering every morning and after school/ work and putting a fresh treatment on after each shower. 
13. Repeat steps 1-12.
13. Repeat this process for 1(or two) week(s), and if you do not see results (heads turning black and eventually falling off or disappearing) I would suggest seeing a specialist.

Although this virus is not in your bloodstream, and your body is likely unaware of it's presence, keeping yourself healthy is the most important way to fight it. As you may have read online, MCV is highly prevalent in immunocompromised individuals like those with HIV/AIDS, recovering from surgical procedures, or undergoing cancer treatments. Although you are likely an otherwise healthy person, here are some health tips and supplement suggestions from your friendly neighborhood physiologist to boost your anti-MCV immunity and overall skin health. Again, I am not a doctor, so please do your own research on each of these supplements to better understand if and how much you should take.

III. Dietary Health Tips and Suggestions to aid in the fight against Molluscum Contagiousum Virus:
1. Eat Clean. - Skip the junk food and try the paleo diet, or if you aren't quite ready for that extreme, eat only unprocessed foods. Avoid fast food, fried food, and anything but whole grain breads. If you can, cut out dairy.
2. Avoid Processed Sugar. - Sugar and candy often lead to oily skin (think of your teenage face after some chocolate) and this is the opposite of what you want to combat MCV. (Try Honey or Agave instead)
3. Eat Your Fruits and Veggies. - Focus on fruits like bananas (good for almost everything) and berries like black-, blue-, and rasp- as they have many antioxidants which are crucial for an immune boost. Oh, and don't forget oranges for that vitamin C! (Juice is ok, but nothing from concentrate, or with added sugar) Carrots are a must, and should become a staple of your diet until you are MCV-free!
4. Take Your Vitamins! - Below  is a list of the supplements that I would recommend you check out. This can get expensive, but you should be taking some of them daily anyway and the others are worth the cost. Remember that MCV can live on your skin without showing signs for several weeks, so fighting them from the inside out is critical. Not everyone should take every one of these supplements, and I am not sure about children, so do your research before putting anything into your body!

IV. Supplements to combat the Molluscum Contagiousum Virus
     a. Comprehensive Multivitamin (may cover others on this list)
     b. Selenium: 200-400 mcg
     c. Zinc 30-90 mg
     d. Vitamin D: 5000-8000 IU
     e. Vitamin C: 1000-5000 mg
     f. Garlic Extract: 1200 mg
     g. Andrographis Extract 25-150 mg before a meal
     h. Beta Glucan (highly purified 1,3/1,6 Glucan) 100-600 mg before a meal
     i. Whey protein isolate: 20-40 mg
     j. DHEA: 25-75 mg daily (declines in men after age 30)  may not need
     k. L- Carnitine: 1-2 mg
     l. CoQ10: 100-200 mg
     m. Lactoferrin (apolactoferrin): 300 mg
     n. Fish Oil: providing 1400 mg EPA and 1000 mg DHA
     o. Thymus Extract: Per label instructions
     p. Grape extract (containing skin and seed extract): 150 mg
     q. Green tea extract:  725 mg
     r. N-acetylcysteine: 600-1800 mg
     s. R-Lipoic Acid: 300-600 mg
     t. Hyperimmune Egg Extracts: Per label instructions
     u. Biotin: Per label instructions
     v. Niacin: Per label instructions
     w. Collostrum: 960-1920 mg
     x. L- lysine: 620-1860 mg

Please take everything I have said and incorporate it in with your own research. It is your body, so never take a strangers advice without some scientific basis. Unfortunately, for those of us with MCV, there is not a lot of published data, so you may have to have faith and give something new a try. I wish you all good luck on your endeavors, and I will be sure to report back with any updates. Questions are welcomed. Thanks for reading!

Best,
PhisKid16

Offline cluelesslittlelady12

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 10/07/2014 01:08:05 »
I am glad i found this. About 2 months ago, i noticed a small bump around my perineum area on my left butt cheek. it didn't really look like any razor bump or ingrown hair i had seen before. (i have been trying to fight a battle with ingrown hairs in my legs.) it was pink or slightly red colored and very small. maybe about the size of . . . a tomato seed? not too sure. anyway. i kept looking and poking until i got the courage to see what this thing was. i feared the worst thinking i had somehow sprouted warts. i used a needle and poked it. it bled a bit more than any razor bump or hair i'd ever encountered.  i rinsed it with contact solution, don't ask why, cause i do not know lol. and i let it be. a while later, maybe a few weeks, it was my bf's b-day. i looked at it again and noticed, because i didnt actually pop it, it was turning into a skin tag type thing. it was hanging off a little bit. i mentioned this to him but brushed it off. after supper i checked it again and it was gone. it did not bleed. we proceded to commemorate his 21st birthday as any highly hormonal young couple would. that was may 25. fast forward to today. i have noticed another small bump on my opposite cheek and it looks the same. i can't get close enough to see if it has a head, but a few days ago i had one i COULD see and squeezed it in the shower. white stuff came out and it bled a bit. then i thought to myself "something is up here." i continued searching the internet and found something that looked like what i had. and it was molluscum. i do not have MANY of these bumps like you all describe but i have had other bumps around my female area that look similar but never come to a head. some extra info. I shave non regularly. usually once a month but lately a bit more since i have went to the pool a few times. and my boyfriend had a similar bump on him that also bled a bit. but he said he had shaved there recently and he passed it off for a razor bump.
MY QUESTION>
could this just be razor burn?? it hasn't spread like wild fire even though i have shaved the bumps. could it be something else? or could it be a very non aggressive molluscum?? or is there any other ideas? i can't afford to go the doctor to ask about this.
any feedback is gonna be HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!

Offline MrAngry

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 23/07/2014 01:52:34 »
Hi all, first post!

Basically I am 20 years old and last week returned home from travelling around Italy and Spain for a couple of weeks. A day or two after being home I noticed a few small red lumps near my right elbow, which I thought was strange. I am no stranger to spots but never usually get more than one at any one time so I was conscious that something might be the matter. They weren't particularly itchy but it led me to being very conscious because, unfortunately, I am a hypochondriac like that.

Now I am not sure if they were on my body before or not but I began to notice other little red lumps - some on my other arm, some on my leg and even some on my stomach. There isn't loads but there was enough for me to be worried. I began researching online what they could be, thinking it may have been something I caught whilst abroad but I was thrown by the fact that they don't all look the same. The ones around my elbow look like typical red lumps while I have a couple of little spots on my other arm that are much smaller but have a white looking substance in the middle. To top it all off I've noticed other little wart-type things pop up around my hand/fingers and some further red lumps on my legs similar to the ones on my elbow.

I went to the doctor and showed her all the spots and she thought, albeit tentatively, that I had molluscum. I had no idea what it was and judging by the unconvincing way she diagnosed me I don't think she did either. Having read up on it as soon as I got home, I'm still in two minds as to whether I have it or not.

Some of the spots seemingly fit the bill but they are not itchy unless I think about it and I literally only have two spots that look to have the white centre - the rest are just lumps. I didn't have sex while I was away and didn't really get that close to anyone, so other than potentially contracting it through dirty bedding in a hotel I'm not sure how I would have got it. I am so confused.

I do feel slightly itchy all over my body but only because I am constantly thinking about it and worrying about it. Little red spots or lumps appear (or I noticed them for the first time) every day or two and I'm not sure what to do. They aren't massive like the photos I have seen of molluscum but I'm not sure what else it could be.

It has already affected my mental state because it's all I have thought about for a week now. I don't feel as though I can act/live normally because I'm scared that it will spread and I want to contain it as much as I can but staying in the house and torturing myself by reading up on it online is doing me no good at all. I should be enjoying my summer before going back to Uni but at the moment I am just wasting time and hating myself.

I have bought some zinc and vitamin C tablets in the hope it will improve my immune system but other than that I have done nothing else.

Has anyone experienced similar, in that they have had different types of spots/lumps to what molluscum is typically said to look like?

I'm worried and just want these horrid things to go away so I can live my life again. I thought going away would be a great experience, and it was, but I am now regretting it because of these ruddy lumps.

Help please!

Offline mcv_dad

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 23/07/2014 07:22:44 »
The thing is molluscum looks different in its changing stages and different on different people. Molluscum is not usually itchy though it is frequently associated with eczema and that is itchy. I have included a couple of images to show you what it looks like.

There are loads of different treatment regimes but many people do report good results from using apple cider vinegar in various ways applied to the body (not drunk). Do some research on the net, there are some excellent internet sites with detailed information about treatment.

Offline treehugger

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 13/08/2014 22:09:52 »
Hello all I joined this site because it actually helped to give me some insight on how to get rid of this virus or at least speed up its recovery.

I think I originally got it from a hot tub actually. I was in a relationship at the time when I first got it. This was in February of this current year. I noticed one bump that was red and inflamed and itchy and I was worried I had something serious but decided to not give it too much thought which was dumb of me I now realize. Fast forward to a month later I decide to shave in my nether region and one bump turned into like 20. I brushed it off as shaving bumps and hoped it wasn't anything serious. I kept shaving and kept having these bumps but noticed how odd it was that the bumps didn't necessarily occur where I shaved and also how some disappeared and reappeared. Finally I did some googling and self diagnosed myself as having this condition which my doctor then confirmed.

Here's what I essentially figured out about this condition: that it preys on people that have either a low immune system or are going through some stress in their life which lowers your immune system. For example, I got this condition and I was going through some relationship stress and definitely a lot of school stress with exams and what not.

Okay so I tried the ACV method and it did work but I hated the smell so much I had to give it up after 3 or 4 days.
Then I tried full strength tea tree oil and iodine which I do not recommend because it just burns very badly.

I then bought Australian lemon myrtle off amazon as well as some dead sea salts. I took baths nightly for a week with about a couple cups of salt. The baths were helpful and they didn't spread the virus. The baths however did not get rid of the virus for me but they definitely did have some effect just not as much as I was hoping for.

For the lemon myrtle I got a small bowl in which to make my mixture every night after I took a shower. I used grape seed oil as my carrier oil because that's what I had on hand. And I would squeeze just enough grape seed oil (it came in a squirt bottle) to cover the bottle of my bowl and then added 2-4 drops of lemon myrtle to it and mixed it. It can definitely burn and definitely did burn my skin when I was using it though maybe my concentration was too strong. I used the lemon myrtle mixture for maybe two months and it did the most for me out of everything.

I then needed to shave my area down there because I guess I needed to see more clearly what was going on down there and whether I still had bumps or not. I shaved using coconut oil like my shaving cream. I kept using coconut oil afterward throughout the next two days or so hoping to ward off bumps. But I still got a couple bumps from shaving when I had none! So be very careful about shaving and wait on that for however long is possible and until you are semi confident the bumps are gone. I think some of the bumps that may have developed didn't really look like molluscum so in my opinion these were actually some sort of skin reaction to the lemon myrtle and coconut oil. I think my skin just hated being abused for so long it reacted. I think I had some sort of contact dermatitis from all of the treatment methods.

I then decided to give cimetidine or tagamet a go, which is a stomach acid reducer that can be found over the counter at any drugstore and is fairly inexpensive. I didn't have to many bumps to begin with and I think they are all gone but I am still very paranoid. So I was taking maybe 1200 mg a day for about 3-4 days before I decided to taper down to 400 mg per day due to side effects like light-headedness, dizziness and fatigue. I was using dosing similar to that people with gastric ulcers would do. Below is some dosing information I used.

newbielink:http://www.rxlist.com/tagamet-drug/indications-dosage.htm [nonactive]

With the combination of oils and tagamet I think I may just be spot free. Though again still a little paranoid and looking for these spots.

If I had to give advice I would say do not shave in the affected area until the bumps start disappearing. Raise your immune system. You can do this by giving up smoking, and drinking (at least drinking less), sleeping 8 hours a day, and eating healthier. Find ways to reduce stress and be mindful of what goes into your body. I believe oils of some sort (some work better than others) interfere with how the virus works. Some oils that worked for me were coconut and lemon myrtle oil mixed with a carrier oil. Wear loose clothing in the affected areas. Don't wear anything that would rub that area in which you are affected or irritate it. Cimetidine helped me for this condition but do your own research and decide if its something you want to do.

Offline mcv_dad

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 14/08/2014 10:41:51 »
My little daughter had molluscum quite badly on her shoulder. We used a combination of natural treatments for her including apple cider vinegar and clove oil. It is important to apply them in the right order and do other things to stop the spread like not using the same towel.

Offline freeski07

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 03/10/2014 02:49:04 »
First, thank you everyone for contributing to this thread and helping people fight this off. 

I'm a 24 yr old male and I got this about 6 or 7 months ago.  At first I thought it was just zits down there as there were only 2 or 3 at a time and they were sporadic.  I didn't realize I had something until 4 months ago when I shaved and woke up the next morning with them all over.  I self diagnosed as MCV, and at first my maintenance was keeping it clean down there and popping/removing the core on the bigger ones.  This seemed to work but there was always 1-3 lurking. 
I went to a doctor 6 weeks ago and got a prescription of condylox.  This seemed to work after 2-3 weeks of use.  Everything scabbed over, and the bumps disappeared.  But the spots where I used the condylox are still very red and I can't tell if this is scar tissue, a rash, or if there is still MCV there.  I can't feel a bump on the area, it's just red and looks bad.  It's been about 2 weeks since my last use of condylox on these areas.  Additionally, I've had a couple MCV bumps pop up sporadically in 3-4 weeks, which means its spreading from somewhere.  After reading through this thread I bought ACV and TTO and will follow apply this to the areas.

Questions:
1) For people that used condylox or a similar prescription cream, did you get any scarring or rashes on the area that lasted more than 2 weeks?  Did it go away, and how can you tell if it's still MCV or scar tissue?
2) Once all bumps are completely gone, how long until I can be sexually active again?  My worst fear is to think I've gotten rid of it, have sex again, and then have a bump pop up a month later.  I don't want to pass this on to anyone.

Thank you

Offline galwayireland

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 14/10/2014 14:46:05 »
I have a weird thing that I did that worked and I got rid off it in two..literally TWO WEEKS!! I got it last january and at first I didn't thing it was anything but then it just starting getting worse and worse and it flared up especially after shaving..I was actually devastated because I was going away for the summer and it meant I couldn't have sex as it was really noticeable! Anyways I came up with my own method when I was away and it really worked so I said I'd definitely put it up in some forum :). Ok so I squeezed every single bump that i seen with my nails..like cutting mollusc off if u know what i mean..it bled but it wasn't sore or anything and then i drowned it in tea trea oil and i mean drowned it like it was dripping down my leg! then everynight id shave so I kind of slice the top of the molluscs off and drown the are with tea tree oil again. Gone in two weeks no word of lie! I know it sounds a little bit messed up but they are gone..i had white little scars for maybe a month but then those were gone as well! My logic makes sense haha..basically u need to expose whatever is inside the mollusc i.e cutting and then killing it with antiseptic ie tea tree oil. try it and dont waste ur money on stupid medicines! :D

Offline ihatemollscum

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 18/12/2014 03:28:59 »
First time posting here.  I've been suffering from this MV for several months now.  Here is how it happened.  I am a sexually active gay male.  I am healthy and I have been vaccinated with Gardasil for most HPV warts.  I am "bottom" if you know what I mean.

The first time I noticed this is between my balls and anus (taint) area.  I felt a "pimple".  At that time, I thought it was just a skin tag.  I didn't think much of it because it is "soft" and "fleshy".  As I understand it, HPV warts are hard and solid?

It stayed here for several months.  One day I shaved my balls.  And then I sit my butt on hand warmer that produces heat and moist.  A few days later, I scratched my taint area and felt several "pump".  I was horrified.  I went to Patient First and the doctor immediately said it's not a HPV (STD).  It's Mollscum.  I have no idea what this name is so I googled it and the images sort of confirms it.  I don't consider it a STD because it can grow everywhere (but unlike on your hands/sole of your feet because maybe stratum lucidum (one of the 5 layers in Epidermis) layer blocks it?  That's the biggest difference between hands/bottom of feet vs other parts of the body.  A STD Warts can mostly only grow in private areas and that's why they are sexually transmitted.  Mollscum can be contact without sex.  I think when we label this as STD, we immediately give it a very negative meaning.  I am not even sure if I really got it from sex as my ass cheeks/anus area have none (which is the area that has the most flesh to flesh contact). 

I went online and google and found out about Tea Tree Oil, Clove Oil, Trujua and even bought a commercial ointment called ConzeroI.  I tried ConzeroI first for two weeks and did not notice any improvement.  Then tried Tea Tree Oil and Clove Oil for a few weeks and no improvement.

Then one day I tried shaving again and thought I could just avoid that area.  WRONG.  I either must have shaved those pumps or the other area is infected but just has no obvious pumps.  I got more small pumps now.  I am MAD.  I love sex so much and it is so embarrassing to have so many "pimples".  I am not even sure why they call this a "wart".  Wart makes it sounds horrible.  It's really just like pimples.  lol

Then I bought Acid Cider Vinegar.  It burns a little and I noticed some of the pumps are noticeably more painful and raised.  I was worried that I did something wrong and I stopped for a while. 

I did more online reading and been reading this thread for the past hour.  Here is my conclusion:

1.  The treatment time and method for Children VS Adult are different.  Adults who got this (healthy or not, doesn't matter) tend to have a much harder time to get rid of it and the affected area is more "localized" than kids having them all over the places but treatment for them seem to be more effective. 

2.  DO NOT SHAVE.  Again, DO NOT EVER SHAVE.  I am not even going to shave my ass for a long time.  I love the smooth feeling but until I feel this virus is completely gone, I am not going to shave. 

3.  Only wash that area with cold/luke warm water and when you dry, just dry it with paper towel so you can throw away.  My infected area is small so I just use toilet paper. 

4.  Why certain cream/ointment works and why some don't.  I could be wrong but I think all acid induced liquid/cream all achieve one thing = inflammation which triggers our body's immunity to respond.  I guess our body responds to different kind of acidity/burning differently and that's why some work better for some people.  I think ACV works well for so many because it's cheap and available and it really burns the skin fast.  I don't think organic ACV works any better.  Again, I don't have the proof of this but after reading like over hundreds of posts I think I am right on something.

I am very irritated.  The pumps are in my taint area so I can't see clearly.  Very hard to tape the area with cotton ball so I am only going to tap the area with ACV and trying to bandage the pumps as much as possible.  The area is now irritated and I am hoping it leads to something good.

I have been taking Tagamet as I read a study that it helps because it triggers your T cell production which is important in fighting virus.  I may start taking multi-vitamin as well but I've been also eating a lot more vegetables.  I try not to take anything if possible. 

I will not pop it with needle because 1. it's very hard to see when it's under my balls.  2. if virus pus spreads, you make it a lot more worse. 

If you have some good tips, please message me.  My condition is not as bad as some of you but I need my anal sex back and while I can cover it with jock strap, I prefer to clear it 100%!!!!!

Offline naki009

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 28/12/2014 10:08:55 »
Hello All,

Firstly, thank you very much for the most useful discussions on MC. Here is my story of battle with MC.

I contacted MC through public toilet seats (I was travelling a lot for business and didn't care about hygiene) in April, 2013. The doctor back then gave me some kind of acid to put on top of bumps that appeared in my private area.So, by July,2013 all the bumps were burned down and I thought its gone. I was very healthy back then exercising regularly. Later in dec 2013, I got married. Me and my wife started living together since June,2014 and thats when our active sex life started. What I didn't observe during the meantime is that there are 2-3 bumps still hiding on my scrotum. Fast-forward - Dec, 2014, I observed that one of the bumps broke and made me paranoid once again. I went to a dermatologist and he declared that its MC!!! I just can't believe that its back again. The doctor suggested to pluck them off since there were only few and I got it done. But the story didn't stop here. I went and discussed this with my wife and we checked if there are any similar symptoms for her. I almost went into tears when I saw 3-4 lesions on and near her private parts. We immediately rushed to the dermatologist and he confirmed that its MC and plucked them off. But, some of the lesions started appearing again and we applied ACV for 24hrs as prescribed in this forum. The lesions turned black and now there are small blisters in the places where ACV is applied which is normal I think. We bought coconut oil and started applying all around the area twice a day.
The status today is that there were more than 10 red color rashes/bumps around her private area. Is this an indication of new ones popping up ? There are no visible white heads to apply ACV or tea tree oil!! I am really afraid that this could be an outbreak for her. Her immune system is not that strong and she gets sick frequently.
Please help me!! How does the initial stage of MC look like ?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #424 on: 28/12/2014 10:08:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums