The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Wikileaks reveals UFO fleet as a REAL WAR against US forces  (Read 45017 times)

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Wikileaks reveals UFO fleet as a REAL WAR against US forces
« Reply #25 on: 17/12/2010 13:12:23 »
What I find amazing about all this footage of UFO's is that they all appear on YouTube and have been shot by some amateur.

Would you not think that at least one of the reputable news agencies would have taken up these stories? The BBC, CNN, ITN and certainly (given the Islamic undertones) Aljazzera?

Given the intelligence and ability of these ET's, would you not think that they would have contacted us in a language we can understand? Please don't tell me it has been suppressed by the US government. It may come as something of a shock to some, but there are other governments around the world apart from the US. Don't be so presumptuous to assume that ET would only speak to the US President. Even if it were the case that the all the governments of the world agreed to suppress this ET business (which i seriously doubt, since they have great trouble agreeing what to agree about some times), don't you think this highly advanced race could easily circumvent any such attempts by simply hijacking TV and radio signals and broadcasting to the world???????

Some news agencies tend to not even let half the reports coming in in case of being shunned. Many reporters have reported themselves on this fact.

However here in Britain, some news agencies such as ITN have reported on a lot of UFO incidences, and you will in fact find many of them on YOUTUBE contrary to your belief.

SteveFish

« Reply #26 on: 17/12/2010 17:47:05 »
QuantumClue:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is apparently very little evidence here, much less extraordinary, so more simple explanations such as plain old tomfoolery, fraud, gullibility, and mass hallucination are much more probable. Me thinks you must be an Area 51 enthusiast.

Steve
« Last Edit: 17/12/2010 19:44:34 by SteveFish »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17/12/2010 18:22:15 »
I've often wondered why it is that the same people who believe videos of aliens are not fakes also tend to believe that the Apollo Moon landing videos are fakes.

Why is that then?  ::)

BTW - did you know that "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17/12/2010 18:49:12 »
Who are you speaking to? I've never believed in the moon landing hoax.

SteveFish

« Reply #29 on: 17/12/2010 19:43:02 »
Geezer:

Gullible is a good old handy word. Check out Webster's:

Main Entry: gullˇible   
Function: adjective
Etymology: gull + -ible
: easily deceived or cheated : readily duped <the innocents of those days were certainly naďve; they were gullible -- Bruce Bliven b. 1889>
- gulˇliˇbly \-blemacron, -li\ adverb

Citation format for this entry:

"gullible." Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster, 2002. http://unabridged.merriam-webster.com (17 Dec. 2010).

Steve

SteveFish

« Reply #30 on: 17/12/2010 19:56:59 »
QuantumClue:

You do, however, give credence to the great "Wikileaks reveals UFO fleet as a REAL WAR against US forces" hoax. Look, I am not trying to beat up on you here, but this is just very weak.

Steve

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17/12/2010 20:04:36 »
I am a logical person. I strive on logic.

What I have deducted, is that in comparisson to usual tactics used to create hoax's, is that this particular event which might have occurred, and which may have not, happened nonetheless with video evidence on the UFO fleet long before the wikileak was available. What seems apparent is that whoever created this possible hoax, used information already which was not well-known. That kind of tactic is usually not very fruitful. Atleast if you are going to make a hoax, let your hoax reach the ear of millions, not a few thousand.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17/12/2010 20:21:19 »
Geezer:

Gullible is a good old handy word. Check out Webster's:

Main Entry: gullˇible  
Function: adjective
Etymology: gull + -ible
: easily deceived or cheated : readily duped <the innocents of those days were certainly naďve; they were gullible -- Bruce Bliven b. 1889>
- gulˇliˇbly \-blemacron, -li\ adverb

Citation format for this entry:

"gullible." Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster, 2002. http://unabridged.merriam-webster.com (17 Dec. 2010).

Steve

Gotcha!  ;D

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17/12/2010 20:26:55 »
Who are you speaking to? I've never believed in the moon landing hoax.

Actually, I didn't say you did, and I'm glad to hear that you don't.

SteveFish

« Reply #34 on: 17/12/2010 21:03:55 »
QuantumClue:

If you are logical, what about having the video's appear prior to the news or whatever silliness convince you that this is more credible than just somebody who likes to stir things up to get attention? How do you deal with the claim that Wikileaks was just referring to earthly aliens, as in some guy from another country, which is much more likely without any evidence? What if the time between the two events were reversed in time? What if both are being created by the same individual or group? All these speculations are much, much, more likely than alien space ships. You need to reset your logic module.

Steve
« Last Edit: 19/12/2010 16:50:23 by SteveFish »

SteveFish

« Reply #35 on: 17/12/2010 21:07:44 »
Geezer, I tried to soften it as much as possible. What am I supposed to do under these circumstances. No real gotcha. Steve

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17/12/2010 21:32:24 »
Well, I ask a moderator locks the thread then. I certainly wouldn't want people to think I like to stir things up, so please, do me such a favor.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17/12/2010 22:02:00 »
Well, I ask a moderator locks the thread then. I certainly wouldn't want people to think I like to stir things up, so please, do me such a favor.

No reason to do that. After all, this is the "That Can't Be True!" forum. However, TNS is a Science Forum, so I don't think you should be surprised that a lot of people here are very skeptical about some dubious "evidence" posted on Youtube.

If you want to believe that aliens visit Earth, that's entirely up to you, but you'll have to come up with something a bit better than this to persuade me it's anything other than complete baloney.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17/12/2010 22:13:58 »

No reason to do that. After all, this is the "That Can't Be True!" forum. However, TNS is a Science Forum, so I don't think you should be surprised that a lot of people here are very skeptical about some dubious "evidence" posted on Youtube.

If you want to believe that aliens visit Earth, that's entirely up to you, but you'll have to come up with something a bit better than this to persuade me it's anything other than complete baloney.

It is a disease as such, that scientists today may look upon the idea of some form of extraterrestrial life as an insane proposition, if they are unwilling to see how vast and complex reality is, and how vast their realities intertwine in the vast cosmos, that we may feel too significant to realize some other lifeform could ever know of our existence, and know of our lives. If this be the case, then the scientist has become very selfish, in his own life, and how he treats his existence.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17/12/2010 22:29:37 »

It is a disease as such, that scientists today may look upon the idea of some form of extraterrestrial life as an insane proposition, if they are unwilling to see how vast and complex reality is, and how vast their realities intertwine in the vast cosmos, that we may feel too significant to realize some other lifeform could ever know of our existence, and know of our lives. If this be the case, then the scientist has become very selfish, in his own life, and how he treats his existence.

Nonsense. I actually do think the Universe is teaming with extraterrestrial life, and I'm sure a lot of scientists do too. What I don't believe is that a video posted on Youtube constitutes credible evidence for anything.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17/12/2010 22:46:07 »
I am just stating, that I like to keep an open mind about things.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17/12/2010 22:52:40 »
I am just stating, that I like to keep an open mind about things.

I agree it's good to keep an open mind. It's also good to understand that the World if full of people who like to play jokes on other people. I confess I've done that a few times myself, although everything I've posted on Youtube is legitimate - so far  :)

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17/12/2010 22:53:07 »
I've seen many things which can't be explained by science fully so far, so I am always with an open mind, when weighing in the evidence, no matter how peculiar that evidence may come across as. You may think of me as the antithesis of Occams Razor, that way ~ the simplest of answers are not always the answers... it's a false paradigm.

SteveFish

« Reply #43 on: 19/12/2010 16:53:15 »
QuantumClue, since when is non-acceptance of alien invasion rumors an indication of being closed minded and Occam's Razor a paradigm? Steve

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #44 on: 19/12/2010 19:54:54 »
What I find amazing about all this footage of UFO's is that they all appear on YouTube and have been shot by some amateur.

Would you not think that at least one of the reputable news agencies would have taken up these stories? The BBC, CNN, ITN and certainly (given the Islamic undertones) Aljazzera?

Given the intelligence and ability of these ET's, would you not think that they would have contacted us in a language we can understand? Please don't tell me it has been suppressed by the US government. It may come as something of a shock to some, but there are other governments around the world apart from the US. Don't be so presumptuous to assume that ET would only speak to the US President. Even if it were the case that the all the governments of the world agreed to suppress this ET business (which i seriously doubt, since they have great trouble agreeing what to agree about some times), don't you think this highly advanced race could easily circumvent any such attempts by simply hijacking TV and radio signals and broadcasting to the world???????

Some news agencies tend to not even let half the reports coming in in case of being shunned. Many reporters have reported themselves on this fact.

However here in Britain, some news agencies such as ITN have reported on a lot of UFO incidences, and you will in fact find many of them on YOUTUBE contrary to your belief.

Yes indeed, on YouTube, but I have yet to see anything like this given the full treatment on News at Ten. Given the importance of such sightings, were they real, I rather think both the BBC and ITV would interupt whatever they were screening to tell the nation of this most momentous of occasions, wouldn't they?

I wonder if any one who saw the YouTube footage in which these unbelievable beings were so righteous as to spell the name 'Allah' and 'Muhammad' in Arabic for all to see, had considered a couple of small points. Small, but significant.

1) If you were standing 10 miles to the East, West or South, of the point where this camera was situated, the alignment would have been different and the UFO pattern would have spelt nothing at all.

2} If you were standing 10 miles to the North of the point where this camera was situated, the alignment would still have spelt the names of 'Allah' and 'Muhammad', BUT, upside-down. Wouldn't that be an insult or blasphemy?

3) Our ET friends of such great intellect seem to have had a little nutty moment, they were using Arabic over the skies of a nation which, if memory serves correct, tend to speak in some language a tad more akin to Spanish. Did they pick the wrong language, or is their geography in need of some correction?

Ah well, at least they, rather conveniently, posed for the camera.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 20/12/2010 18:02:14 »
QuantumClue, since when is non-acceptance of alien invasion rumors an indication of being closed minded and Occam's Razor a paradigm? Steve

Occams Razor is a train of thought which applies to a limited imagination.

Offline maffsolo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20/12/2010 19:02:23 »
In all this time it was only Santa making a dry run

SteveFish

« Reply #47 on: 20/12/2010 19:06:00 »
QuantumClue:

Occam's razor is not a paradigm. Western science or alternative medicine are paradigms. Occam's razor is just a rule of thumb that is used by western science almost without thought because it is so reasonable. You cannot deny the overwhelming success of the scientific enterprise.

Basically Occam's razor in science suggests that if one has more than one explanation for a phenomenon, the one that is the most logical and complete, and that has the fewest unknown assumptions is probably the best working hypothesis. It doesn't suggest that the most parsimonious one is necessarily correct. Science or not, to behave differently is just plain stupid. You seem to want to believe in something before there is any evidence at all, and to not look at more logical alternative explanations.

Steve

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20/12/2010 19:13:04 »
I don't recall calling it a paradigm. Also, how can you say I don't personally see all alternatives. To create a certain point of view should not mean it absolute.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20/12/2010 19:17:23 »

Yes indeed, on YouTube, but I have yet to see anything like this given the full treatment on News at Ten. Given the importance of such sightings, were they real, I rather think both the BBC and ITV would interupt whatever they were screening to tell the nation of this most momentous of occasions, wouldn't they?

I wonder if any one who saw the YouTube footage in which these unbelievable beings were so righteous as to spell the name 'Allah' and 'Muhammad' in Arabic for all to see, had considered a couple of small points. Small, but significant.

1) If you were standing 10 miles to the East, West or South, of the point where this camera was situated, the alignment would have been different and the UFO pattern would have spelt nothing at all.

2} If you were standing 10 miles to the North of the point where this camera was situated, the alignment would still have spelt the names of 'Allah' and 'Muhammad', BUT, upside-down. Wouldn't that be an insult or blasphemy?

3) Our ET friends of such great intellect seem to have had a little nutty moment, they were using Arabic over the skies of a nation which, if memory serves correct, tend to speak in some language a tad more akin to Spanish. Did they pick the wrong language, or is their geography in need of some correction?

Ah well, at least they, rather conveniently, posed for the camera.

Yes, that video is pure nonesense. Don't think for a second I said it wasn't.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 20/12/2010 19:17:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums