The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is Dark Matter?  (Read 10407 times)

Offline kornbredrsqar

• View Profile
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #25 on: 24/02/2011 00:27:57 »
you are correct, I'd say gravity overcoming centrifugal force causes the reversal in direction.
I had another bout with insomnia last night and here is what crossed my mind, if my theory is at all plausible then we should be looking closer to home for an understanding of everything else, it seems that once we have mastered the ability of manipulating something in order to make a profit, we loose interest in truly understanding what is actually taking place on a molecular level , or beyond. for example electronics is as big a part of our daily lives as the air we breath and there is still some debate as to how it actually works at the molecular level, and the ability to manipulate temperature has been known to man for several Malina, but what this energy consists of is still a mystery. I have a great deal of confidence that when all of these things are fully understood then we will look back at the theories of today with the same regard as the idea that the world is flat, and look to the heavens with a much better understanding.
« Last Edit: 24/02/2011 00:29:43 by kornbredrsqar »

Offline Heikki Rinnemaa

• MoHei. :)
    • View Profile
    • My website.
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #26 on: 25/02/2011 17:13:24 »
MoHei. :)

My thought is that terminology,,,

"dark Matter"

is wrong

I use "invisible matter"  and "see-through matter".

Air, pure water, glas, pure plastic, space-matter, etc.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #27 on: 25/02/2011 18:57:06 »
We call it dark because it doesn't give off light - and because the word dark also connotes mystery; and we don't know what makes up dark matter.

Offline kornbredrsqar

• View Profile
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #28 on: 26/02/2011 00:02:39 »
I still say we think of light and the way we sea in the wrong context, take notice of how the blind develop the ability to destinguish shapes and distence through sound. there is very little difference in the way we sea and the way we hear, mainly it's just the frequency range and the size of the particles that the waves are traveling through. if conditioned to do so the mind could hear in color just by referencing a certain color to each audible frequncy.

Offline Heikki Rinnemaa

• View Profile
    • My website.
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #29 on: 26/02/2011 04:14:47 »
I understand that
- voice is matter-vibration,,called wave
- alternative current is matter-vibration-flow,,called wave
- direct-current is only matter-flow,,,,not wave-vibration,,,

But,,image,,which comes to our eyes,,,

- through air
- through pure water
- through space.matter

My thought is that this image,,is matter-particle-flowing process,,,and this matter-particle has many unknown properties,,,

If image is only wave-motion,,it goes through painted window,,,

And light-particles is same like air,,,see-through-type particle,,

I draw a image,,,what i mean,,,color-particles is in that paint-matter-layee,,,and light-particles goes through this matter,,,and take whit it some color particles,,and therefore we see wall that kind of color-image,,,

That is the reasons why color-picture hanging on the wall loose it's colors through time,,,

Pure light is same kind matter-type like,,, air,,,pure water---invisible,,,see through-model,,,
and all object has own matter-color in it,,

Offline kornbredrsqar

• View Profile
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #30 on: 27/02/2011 22:41:57 »
I think if light is waves through matter and different types of matter have different reactions to various frequencies, this is the reason for the appearance of different colors which are simply mental markers for each different wavelength of light, and the the fact that something "looks" a certain color is simply because that matter is reflecting one or more wavelengths and absorbing all others. So when matter absorbs light it also absorbs heat and if it reflects light it reflects heat then the particles that make up light are the same particles that cause temperature change. I would say that light is high speed waves of these particles and heat is the density of these particles, and cooling is what happens when they expand away from each other. as an object absorbs these particles of light it becomes saturated with them and radiates them back out in the form of heat waves of a much lower speed. the fact that light is seen through glass could simply be because its structure is such that it does not interfear with the movement of these particles enough to change there wavelength, that is if the surfice is flat and parallel, if not then you get refraction and focussing effects.
« Last Edit: 27/02/2011 22:44:54 by kornbredrsqar »

Offline Heikki Rinnemaa

• View Profile
    • My website.
What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #31 on: 01/03/2011 18:09:45 »

My thought is that light is some kind matter-particle motion,,,not wave-vibration like radiowaves.

The Naked Scientists Forum

What is Dark Matter?
« Reply #31 on: 01/03/2011 18:09:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length