The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can a human turn into a zombie?  (Read 3107 times)

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
Can a human turn into a zombie?
« on: 23/12/2010 11:24:59 »
Is this possible?

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23/12/2010 11:39:18 »
Yes, my teenage daughter goes to sleep human and appears out of her room in the morning like a zombie  :)

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23/12/2010 12:15:19 »
Yes, my teenage daughter goes to sleep human and appears out of her room in the morning like a zombie  :)

Wow, thats interesting. But scientifically speaking is it possible? Or do one defines zombie having straight eyes and hands which are raised forth everytime? :D

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23/12/2010 23:52:31 »
Certain kinds of poisons, like the secretion of a Japanese blowfish, can put someone in a comatose state and make them appear dead even to a doctor. Narcisse had ingested some poison like this and when he slipped into his death-like state was buried. Then someone came and dug him up. Upon awakening he was giving doses of a “zombie powder” which contained the drug Datura stramonium. The drug puts the user in an emotionless, trance-like state, but the user can still perform menial tasks. In Narcisse’s case he was used as slave labor on a sugar plantation. He was a zombie-slave for 18 years.

http://www.paranormalhaze.com/5-real-life-zombies/#

I don't know how kosher it is

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24/12/2010 00:28:39 »
So, was Jesus a Zombie?

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24/12/2010 01:07:07 »
Certain kinds of poisons, like the secretion of a Japanese blowfish, can put someone in a comatose state and make them appear dead even to a doctor. Narcisse had ingested some poison like this and when he slipped into his death-like state was buried. Then someone came and dug him up. Upon awakening he was giving doses of a “zombie powder” which contained the drug Datura stramonium. The drug puts the user in an emotionless, trance-like state, but the user can still perform menial tasks. In Narcisse’s case he was used as slave labor on a sugar plantation. He was a zombie-slave for 18 years.

http://www.paranormalhaze.com/5-real-life-zombies/#

I don't know how kosher it is

The active ingredients are the Tropane alkaloids atropine, hyoscyamine and scopolamine which are classified as deliriants, or anticholinergics. Due to the elevated risk of overdose in uninformed users, many hospitalizations, and some deaths,[7] are reported from recreational use.
Datura intoxication typically produces a complete inability to differentiate reality from fantasy (delirium, as contrasted to hallucination); hyperthermia; tachycardia; bizarre, and possibly violent behavior; and severe mydriasis with resultant painful photophobia that can last several days. Pronounced amnesia is another commonly reported effect.[8] The antidote of choice for overdose or poisoning is physostigmine. [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium

Hmmm not overly zombie like!!!  ???
 :)

SteveFish

« Reply #7 on: 24/12/2010 01:47:05 »
I used to use tetrodotoxin (TTX from puffer fish) in my research. I had to work gloved in a hood to work with 1mg amounts. Nasty stuff.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 24/12/2010 01:47:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length