The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Happy Xmas/Christmas/Festive Season/Holiday-period all!! (delete as appropriate)  (Read 5206 times)

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
I'm off for Xmas tomorrow morn.  SO just thought I;d take the opportunity to wish everyone on TNS a very happy, er, Time-of-the-year! :D

See you folks all soon.....   *Raises a glass!*

:) :) :) :)

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I'm off already and until Tuesday after new year. Wey Hey :-)

Merry Xmas and a great new year to all those who stumble on to these pages.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
To all a Merry Christmas! 

And some Christmas thoughts from other people.

Peter Dickinson
The threat of Christmas hung in the air, visible already in the fretful look of passersby as they readied themselves for the meaningless but necessary rites of false jovialities and ill-considered gifts.

Dave Barry
Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space.

Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Out upon merry Christmas! What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer...? If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' upon his lips should be boiled with his won pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
...... and as Dr Spooner said, "Crappy Hissmas bevry oddy and all the best for the yew near.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
We're off to our daughter for Xmas, for 4 days. You would not believe how much Mrs 'er indoors has put out for me to pack! Must be half her entire wardrobe. When I saw the pile of underwear, which included around 10 (yes ten) bras, I said "Stone the crows, how many tits have you got?"

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Happy Christmas one and all.  Have a great holiday and enjoy the food, family and presents!

Best Wishes - Matthew  (who is still asking "why?")

"There were the Useful Presents: engulfing mufflers of the old coach days, and mittens made for giant sloths; zebra scarfs of a substance like silky gum that could be tug-o'-warred down to the galoshes; blinding tam-o'-shanters like patchwork tea cozies and bunny-suited busbies and balaclavas for victims of head-shrinking tribes; from aunts who always wore wool next to the skin there were mustached and rasping vests that made you wonder why the aunts had any skin left at all; and once I had a little crocheted nose bag from an aunt now, alas, no longer whinnying with us. And pictureless books in which small boys, though warned with quotations not to, would skate on Farmer Giles' pond and did and drowned; and books that told me everything about the wasp, except why."

A child's christmas in wales - dylan thomas

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
We're off to our daughter for Xmas, for 4 days. You would not believe how much Mrs 'er indoors has put out for me to pack! Must be half her entire wardrobe. When I saw the pile of underwear, which included around 10 (yes ten) bras, I said "Stone the crows, how many tits have you got?"

She prob gets confused as she lives with one big tit...  :P :D :D

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Y'all have a Kewel Yewel now!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas all!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

When I saw the pile of underwear, which included around 10 (yes ten) bras, I said "Stone the crows, how many tits have you got?"

Don't fret, Don, the problem could be worse!

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
Just saw three great tits on my bird feeder.  I always get mutants to feed my birds.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
Forgot to say ding dong merrily on high and all that tripe to you all.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

When I saw the pile of underwear, which included around 10 (yes ten) bras, I said "Stone the crows, how many tits have you got?"

Don't fret, Don, the problem could be worse!

Worse????

OK, OK, better! Ya got me. ;D

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Belated Xmas greetigs and happy new year wishes to you all. I'm holidaying at my parents' place so I'm not online so much.
se you all  later.

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
Belated Xmas greetigs and happy new year wishes to you all. I'm holidaying at my parents' place so I'm not online so much.
se you all  later.

Happy New Year BC!

And Happy New Year - One and All  (Gord' Bless ya Mr Scrooge! And especially to Tiny-TNS :D)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
PEAS ON EARTH

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums