The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Chicken Pox Cure?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline stacey1269

• First timers
    • View Profile
Chicken Pox Cure?
« on: 27/12/2010 16:39:08 »
Hey everybody,

I'm fairly new to this forum and so far... there's a lot of great stuff! You all seem to really know what you're doing/know a lot about illnesses and conditions.

Anyway, I was searching the web the other day and found this [Spam removed - Mod]
I'm not sure what to think of it. Can anybody else take a look and give me your opinion?

My daughter currently has the Chicken Pox and we are looking for the best solution.

« Last Edit: 28/12/2010 00:10:41 by peppercorn »

Re: Chicken Pox Cure?
« Reply #1 on: 27/12/2010 17:49:06 »
Is it no easier and convenient to go to your GP?

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Chicken Pox Cure?
« Reply #2 on: 28/12/2010 02:57:08 »
You don't list a location.

In the USA, there is a varicella vaccine that is effective in preventing chicken pox that is now being given to most schoolchildren.

It is believed that it will also be effective with preventing shingles, but we'll likely have to wait another 60 years to verify its efficacy.  I don't know if any trials have been conducted in the elderly yet.

Anti-Herpetic treatments might help with chicken pox, especially in extreme cases, or cases involving adults.  But, usually most children recover quickly with no specific treatment.

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
Chicken Pox Cure?
« Reply #3 on: 28/12/2010 04:04:28 »
If I remembered correctly chicken pox may occur to anyone when they are young or in their adult stage. Chicken pox usually lasts 7 to 14 days I reckon and there is no specific treathment for children as they progress quickly. It is better to have it when you're young than old.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Chicken Pox Cure?
« Reply #3 on: 28/12/2010 04:04:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums