The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Please help me to get back to the science?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline plankoman

• First timers
    • View Profile
Please help me to get back to the science?
« on: 28/12/2010 04:55:03 »
I am 33 years old living in East-Europe.When I was 19 I was eager for knowledge,enthusiastic,aspirational and I enrolled in faculty.That was a complete failure.I totally were in the wrong direction.My choice was made under pressure and that field wasn't intrigued me at all.I finished a half of faculty and quit.I didn't want to torture myself doing what I don't want to do.
After that I fell asleep somehow,lost motivation and did what I had to do not related to the science.
Now I am awaken again,at least I feel like that and want to get back to the right track.
I am sure it's never too late.
Any advice is very much appreciated.

Offline astro86

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28/12/2010 05:36:47 »
start with reading science classics..

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28/12/2010 08:30:17 »
It is never too late to enroll in college.  At least in the West, there are many people in their late twenties to mid thirties in college.

As an older student, you may have different motivations than the teenagers.  However, some people can find it difficult to compete, especially if you are a bit "rusty".  Nothing beats some real "life experience" though.

In the USA, one can enter college as a "undeclared major"...  or perhaps study General Science during the first few terms.  However...  I'd encourage an older student to do some soul searching and come up with some specific goals.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 28/12/2010 08:30:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums