The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Energy into matter?  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #25 on: 10/01/2011 17:53:36 »
I could swear I was hearing sitars playing while I was reading that one.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #26 on: 10/01/2011 18:46:56 »
I don't understand geezer. What does that mean? I know what a sitar is, but what does it mean.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #27 on: 10/01/2011 19:35:10 »
I don't understand geezer. What does that mean? I know what a sitar is, but what does it mean.

Transcendental meditation was very popular in the late sixties. In the West, it was usually associated with people smoking large amounts of pot while listening to sitar music and talking complete rubbish.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #28 on: 10/01/2011 19:56:59 »
So are you somehow saying, I am talking rubbish?

I don't quite get it, that's all.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #29 on: 10/01/2011 20:41:47 »
No, but I suspect Ajay Sharma is. Let's just say his ideas are a bit avant-garde.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #30 on: 10/01/2011 20:49:02 »
He is certainly of that discription. I have not formulated any views on him however as a person, but he may just be trying seek some kind of fame because, as I believe this is an often approach by rogue scientists, to say they have modified quintessential equations like E=Mc^2.

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #31 on: 11/01/2011 01:44:47 »
I wasn't judging him as a person, but those links you posted are nonsense.  He basically stuck a constant in front of the equation without any justification--at least in those links, and appears to completely misunderstand the original equation's meaning and context.  That's why I asked for a link to the peer-reviewed paper he mentions.  It might have a scientific justification, but based on those links, I have to say that this guy doesn't appear to know much science (and his equation is nonsense).

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #32 on: 11/01/2011 02:00:15 »
Now remember JP, I do appreciate his work as mainstream, but that is no mere constant I do beleive: are you referring to the A in Ac2 dM? It's actually a dimensionless coefficient that acts on the mass M. So I believe it does something like this: (M2- M1)c2. As for the links, they were directly written by the man himself - I did not question how much of the integrity of such a link would be questioned.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #33 on: 11/01/2011 17:30:09 »
Now remember JP, I do appreciate his work as mainstream, but that is no mere constant I do beleive: are you referring to the A in Ac2 dM? It's actually a dimensionless coefficient that acts on the mass M. So I believe it does something like this: (M2- M1)c2. As for the links, they were directly written by the man himself - I did not question how much of the integrity of such a link would be questioned.

QC - do you mean the same as mainstream as the rest of us do when you say "I do appreciate his work as mainstream"  There is no way Ajay Sharma is mainstream - by this I mean that his physics is at variance to that taught in physics courses at universities around the world.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #34 on: 11/01/2011 17:59:29 »
No... I don't remember typing that at all. I meant to say ''I do not appreciate his work as mainstream''.

Sorry again.

Offline QuantumClue

• View Profile
Energy into matter?
« Reply #35 on: 11/01/2011 18:00:17 »
This why I asked JP to remember ''that I don't condone his work'' - big mistake.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Energy into matter?
« Reply #35 on: 11/01/2011 18:00:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length