The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can we 'gain' more muscles naturally?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
How can we 'gain' more muscles naturally?
« on: 11/01/2011 12:14:28 »
When I say naturally, I mean without the help of supplements. As for gaining muscles, must we do more push ups? Flex our muscles more? What do you think? Thanks!

Offline Bill.D.Katt.

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11/01/2011 15:22:48 »
Stay active. Sitting down doing nothing (watching tv) is terrible for your muscles unless you have bonked (which is bad for your muscles too). I have found that lifting live weights (myself) is better than lifting dead weights. So try pushups or chinups.

Offline The Scientist

• Its great to be me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17/01/2011 13:32:57 »
How should I train my biceps?

cat_with_no_eyes

« Reply #3 on: 17/01/2011 20:21:40 »
I think its 90% of what your putting in your body and 10% how you work out.

I don't do weights anymore but since stopping weights my muscle definition is still pronounced. Any regular exercise is just as good for increasing muscle mass, which is why they are still there. Also where do you want the muscle? For arms I deffinately reccomend chin ups or pull ups, they seem to work my triceps well. Oh and I think flexing/tensing muscles is a good idea, keeps them elastic.

Important thing is that muscle exercises are there to train the muscle, they are not going to burn the fat. If your wanting to burn fat then you will need to put some joggers on and do some running mate! Fat spot reduction can only be done through surgery!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 17/01/2011 20:21:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums