The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to mix the big freeze and big crunch theories using black holes?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline BrettLamont

• First timers
    • View Profile
In the distant future it is possible that all of the stars will eventually go out, the universe at that stage will be a rather cold and desolate place. I understand the big freeze theory is widely accepted as a possible case scenario.

Is it not possible that as the universe ages, that more stars will collapse and thus more black holes will be created.

Thus is it possible to mix the big freeze theory with the big crunch theory using black holes?

Is it possible that as the universe heads towards the big free case scenario that the only thing left will be black holes?

Thus in this very dark place will be filled with black holes, which in turn will start to consume the universe as we know it in turn the black holes which have different  charge will then start to merge with each other. Those with like charge will start to repel each other.

There are a number of theories with regard to the information paradox, is there a theory that black holes are not destroying information but rather are compacting information they gather, reducing it to the smallest size much like a zip file case scenario on a computer, that when this is released it will retain its original form? Thus black holes are not an entity were information dies but universal information is collected and stored to be released at a later time through a massive reaction.

When all that is left are the black holes which have incredible mass and charge and these black holes start to attract and repel each other, combining becoming bigger this action may start to speed up until a critical mass occurs. When this point is reached the massive black holes may explode, releasing the information gas and matter thus re creating a new universe.

This may be rather simple, is it possible?

Mod edit - formatted subject as a question - please do this to help keep the forum tidy and easier to navigate. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 19/01/2011 11:47:21 by BenV »

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm not sure of the "conservation of information", as it seems as if stars, planets, etc all loose their identities when swallowed up by a black hole.

What I've wondered is whether atoms loose their identities too.

Creating essentially one super-massive atom...  or some people have suggested that even the protons and neutrons degrade into pure energy. 

So, when the black hole emits matter/energy, or perhaps explodes, I would imagine it would eject hydrogen and low metalicity matter, and the basic building blocks of the universe would be renewed.  At least some of the matter would be recycled.

Offline BrettLamont

• First timers
    • View Profile
In essence what I amsaying in a basic un mathimatical form....is just that Blackholes are the collectors of the univers,which in turnthrough a reation will release the biulding blocks once again to re start the process.

I may be saying that the univers operates in a beautiful loop, a system that truly runs on its own energy in cycles. It just seems to me that creation is about cycles and balance.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
Depends on what you consider to be 'energy' and if it really 'exist' on its own.

Offline Magnus W

• View Profile
I think its a plausible senario, unless the universe gets so diluted before it happens that the black holes cant interact. But I guess if they drift around like that for the better part of eternety the will eventually com together...maybe

Offline BrettLamont

• First timers
    • View Profile
I must agree with you, I did think of that but considered the prosepect of a universe totally empty with some lonely black holes sort of floating about to be even if it is not true science far too depressing a concept for the Universe to realy allow, as everyting I have looked at with regard to physics and quantim physics is far to beautiful...

So I have opted for the alternative of black holes being the great storage houses of the biulding blocks of the Universe keeping a finite universe in a popetual loop of beaitiful creation...Everything seems to have some sort of true purpose, why is it not possible for black holes to be the hard drives of the universe?

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums