The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Does Rubbing Wet Hands (After Washing) Under A Drier INCREASE Contamination  (Read 3565 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile

Dearest Handologists, Cross your palms with silver ?

As a sheepy I of course luff to wash my hands !...washing my hands is all I think about from the moment I wake to the minute I fall asleep ....and as ewe may or may not know..i do not sleep a lot so that's lots of fun time I have thinking about washing hands...

look..here are some hands.......they seem to have an appendage !

Some Hands With An Appendage Earlier Today

I recently heard that after washing, when ewe dry them under a drier ewe should NOT rub hands because it aids contamination !!...and yet...I am sure I have read that ewe are told to rub hands together to speed the drying process !!

I am so confused !!

Why does rubbing wet hands under a drier aid contamination ?

Please do let me know because I am not going to wash my hands until I know the answer....and we ran out of loo paper yesterday and nobody wants to shake hands with me today !..............At least  I've stopped biting my nails !!.....

Hugs and shmishes

mwah mwah mwah

Neil
Ewe Need Hands.........

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Your appendage isn't showing.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Your appendage isn't showing.

There's a frontal expression of a female countenance visage betwixt the inner hand digits !

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
Are you sure that rubbing the hands after washing them spreads contamination?  Some believe that rubbing the hands kills bacteria.  Where do you get the information that rubbing hands spreads contamination?  Thanks for comments.  Joe L. Ogan

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Are you sure that rubbing the hands after washing them spreads contamination?  Some believe that rubbing the hands kills bacteria.  Where do you get the information that rubbing hands spreads contamination?  Thanks for comments.  Joe L. Ogan

Thanks Joe,

I heard it on a science program on the radio...but no explanation was given !

Offline SeanB

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Using a drier can actually contaminate your hands, as the driers generally are dust collectors, and do not heat the air they blow out enough to kill all germs and virii that are either in the air or growing in the nice warm moist interior. You would be better off drying with a paper towel fresh from a roll, after throwing away the first turn to expose a uncontaminated surface.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Using a drier can actually contaminate your hands, as the driers generally are dust collectors, and do not heat the air they blow out enough to kill all germs and virii that are either in the air or growing in the nice warm moist interior. You would be better off drying with a paper towel fresh from a roll, after throwing away the first turn to expose a uncontaminated surface.

Thank Ewe Sean !!

I really do appreciate the explanation ....I sheepose rubbing my hands together just makes the bugs very happy !!

I guess I beter stop hanging around public toilet closets !!

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
If there are any bugs still on your hands after you wash them, the drier won't do anything to them, but if you dry your hands on a paper towel instead, you will scrape at least some of them off.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums