The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Imagination Induced Learning  (Read 2524 times)

Offline siochi

• View Profile
Imagination Induced Learning
« on: 18/02/2011 14:13:00 »
The education systems all around the world are in their worst state. Competition and pressure from the government authority has made the future of all the countries prone to utter ruin.

What can we do?

I came up with an innovative learning system which can ensure both that the students are given proper care, and that their imagination, and creativity is not hampered.

I call this new innovative system - "Imagination Induced Learning".

Basically, this system deals with the application of imagination.

My basic reasoning to support this stuff is ---
  • Imagining a thing has the same impact on the brain as seeing a thing.
  • Seeing a thing in a particular way keeps it in the brain for a long time.

This form of learning emphasizes on the use of imagination, and students would be encouraged to imagine various scenarios where they would either be the lead role player, or the side role player, but ensured that the imagination scenario is somehow connected or related to their being. This form of learning uses the vast power that an individual possess when he/she optimally uses the power of imagination.

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
« Reply #1 on: 18/02/2011 15:37:57 »
How would you apply this? Say to specific subjects?
I can see a place for imagination in most taught subject, but especially Languages, etc.
How would I teach physics predominantly using the pupils imagination?

Offline siochi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19/02/2011 09:50:40 »
You can teach almost every subject using this concept.

you can ask students to imagine a particular place in the universe where there are brights stars, and they are revolving around a black space (fill some emotion and make them interested). You can then, tell them to imagine a really intelligent guy standing close to them (describe him), and this guy will tell the students why this happens.

This way, both imagination and emotions are involved in studies, and this will make knowledge gathering easy , and intuitive !!

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
« Reply #3 on: 20/02/2011 16:30:06 »
You can then, tell them to imagine a really intelligent guy standing close to them (describe him), and this guy will tell the students why this happens.

Am I missing something here? Or are you genuinely suggesting that the students image the scientist/expert and then said imaginary scholar fills them in on why the universe looks the way it does? [Diagrams, advanced mathematics and all!]

Other than that, I can only assume you are describing a particularly engaging teacher, but I'm pretty sure that's something that is either a gift that such a teacher has or comes with years of experience and commitment.  It doesn't strike me as the sort of thing you can quantify in guidance notes, lesson plans, etc.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2011 02:19:30 »
Would you get an imaginary degree too?

Offline siochi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21/02/2011 15:31:32 »
You can then, tell them to imagine a really intelligent guy standing close to them (describe him), and this guy will tell the students why this happens.

Am I missing something here? Or are you genuinely suggesting that the students image the scientist/expert and then said imaginary scholar fills them in on why the universe looks the way it does? [Diagrams, advanced mathematics and all!]

Other than that, I can only assume you are describing a particularly engaging teacher, but I'm pretty sure that's something that is either a gift that such a teacher has or comes with years of experience and commitment.  It doesn't strike me as the sort of thing you can quantify in guidance notes, lesson plans, etc.

Yup, you need someone to instruct the imagination, and the presence of a teacher is not essential.

Offline siochi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2011 15:32:19 »
Would you get an imaginary degree too?

haha.. you don't have to work hard to get this !!

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
« Reply #7 on: 22/02/2011 16:53:56 »
This:
Yup, you need someone to instruct the imagination, and the presence of a teacher is not essential.
is not an answer to this:

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 22/02/2011 16:53:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums