The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: For all those looking to study science and related topics at own pace....  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
Khanacademy, a new way of learning,

http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy

I think it's a very beautiful way to study and thought some people here might like it.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
Nice site Wiybit. and yeah, it's nice to pick your own subject.
==

I will now change this after listening to one video too-

Very Nice Site...
He/They? has the right idea..
==

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Internet is the most important invention since the wheel :)

Very cool 150 million base pairs for one type chromosome, and each chromosome contain long convoluted strands of genes, and its not only the combinations making the chromosomes but also its proteins foldings that will make it 'fit' in a larger perspective. It's a sort of holographic principle I think. The mad cow sickness has to do with how proteins are folded in the brain if I remember right. Kind of blows your mind away this. So simple but so complex, and on so many planes simultaneously.

Very good teacher that guy, makes it interesting.
===

And using Youtube is such a smart move, he's in fact making a 'distributed network' letting their servers present his information :) and they are happy as they want to accumulate viewers. It's a cool thing to watch a commercial solution do some real good in the world. We all need to learn more. Do go there, he's so amazingly good. He has this one too on the net. Salman Khan.
« Last Edit: 06/03/2011 21:51:59 by yor_on »

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
 I'm so impressed by this guy.

WOW.
==

Now we just need a platform where those learning can communicate their questions. Or maybe that's not needed? I don't know really, I mean he's so consistent so it's very hard not to learn from him, but I think a learning platform that's interactive is the next step. Not necessarily involving Salman, but willing participants that are ready to explain the concepts even further if I find myself still not getting 'it'. And a virtual platform at that, why? Well then you can lift it (the server ware) up and down on a USB stick and migrate it at a moments notice. It will also create a stable platform that can take anything, and will be back up as soon as you insert that USB stick. Also it need to server-dependent, meaning that the heaviest work should be done on your server, as those listen may be young, poor, without that 'top notch' computer and land-line connection. So, you want to make your interactive server-ware virtual. You also will want to make it free code, as that is the only way to guarantee that there is no possibility to profit by it. Profit makes most everything it touch questionable, especially when it comes to 'helping', and.. Not here. This is about our planet, about getting to understand it and ourselves, and learn. Most of us get a kick from learning, and that kick comes as easily if you are poor as if you're rich, well, as long as you still have some curiosity in you.
« Last Edit: 07/03/2011 13:33:29 by yor_on »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
I'm so impressed by this guy.

WOW.
==

Now we just need a platform where those learning can communicate their questions. Or maybe that's not needed?

I think he does answer general questions, and change mistakes I've seen him do it, so there is a form of feed back.

But yeah it's a very cool site.

If you want to go a bit more hardcore check this

http://www.youtube.com/user/MIT
« Last Edit: 26/03/2011 00:27:47 by Wiybit »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length